URGENT Help With Website for Minecraft Server

Mattredsox's Avatar Mattredsox4/21/12 10:12 am
4/24/2012 2:32 am
BoomTownMC's Avatar BoomTownMC
I am the Owner of a Minecraft server and we recently bought a website through our hosting company. All they gave us was access to a Cpanel and a domain.

We are VERY confused and NEED any help we can get!

Our site must me similar to a site on Enjin. We would just pay for enjin premium but we wanted our own domain. Now that we are so confused, we also found out that there are no refunds so we are really stuck.

Is there ANYONE out there that could help us get a functioning site?

What's in it for you:

A rank on our server Elitecraft.
The satisfaction of helping some FREAKED OUT owners.
A HUGE thank you from the server.

And more TBD perks for helping us!

If you want to see an example of what we currently have and want the features of go to http://www.minecraft-elitecraft.enjin.com

Thanks to ANYONE that will help! We need all of the help we can get!

Mattredsox
Mattredsox
Level 25 : Expert Dragonborn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/24/2012 2:32 am
Level 28 : Expert Architect
BoomTownMC
Looks very nice Adriani6, I personally don't like enjin either, I am only using it temporarily while I am building the real website. After I am done, enjin is history. Building your own s better for a lot of different reasons, like integrating login databases from the server and the website, This way, once you register online, or in game, your good to go. There are many more perks to it, but you obviously know them. Again, nice job on the site.
04/24/2012 1:18 am
Mattredsox
Yes thank you so much Adriani6! You were SO helpful. I could not be more thankful and happier with the site.

Elitecraft sends a huge thank you!!!!

Thanks again.

Mattredsox
04/23/2012 5:50 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Crafter
Adriani6
I have done their website already, I used mybb 1.6 and I coded some pages myself.
Enjin ins't as good as having your own website (Hosting etc) you can't do certain things on it and you don't have full control on it.
04/23/2012 3:20 am
Level 28 : Expert Architect
BoomTownMC
Although you already said this was not an option, since you paid for non refundable hosting, you could have bought the premium package on enjin and still used a domain name. They support it. Even if you didn't want to buy premium, you could use a domain that forwards to the enjin site, like i am doing at the moment.

My enjin address is http://www.boomtownminecraft.enjin.com

My domain is http://www.boomtownminecraft.com and it forwards to adfly, and then the enjin address above.
(used to go straight to enjin, then i started using adf.ly)

Since you already paid for hosting, I would use something like wordpress. I have used that multiple times. It looks like the site above, aagaming is running on wordpress. I could be wrong, but it looks like it is.
Anyway, thats my advice. Let me know if you need help with anything in particular. I wish i could make you a website right now, but I do not have that kind of time as I have an operation coming up. Sorry, but still willing to help if needed, as best i can.

Thanks,
BoomTownMC
04/21/2012 6:18 pm
Mattredsox
Adriani6. The other owner is pretty sure he is going to let me give you access! Do you have skype? He wants to talk with everyone.

Thanks! You can pm me your skype.

Thanks again!
04/21/2012 5:22 pm
Mattredsox
That would be awesome! CPanel isn't a choice for us. We are forced to use it with our server hosts. They give it for free and we don't have the funds to host it somewhere else.

This will most likely be able to work as long as one of the Owners allows me to give you access to the panel. I would assume he would let me.

Thanks I REALLY appreciate the help!
04/21/2012 3:30 pm
Adriani6
Sure, CPanel is not something I recommend using, if you want I can set everything up for free, you would need to email/skype me all the information I need though.
04/21/2012 11:12 am
Mattredsox
Adriani6 can you easily set up like all of the pages you have on your site with our CPanel?

Like the Forums, Staff, Front page, rules, voting links and donation-paypal link?

That would be ideal. We already have a banner to put at the top of the page!
04/21/2012 10:48 am
Mattredsox
Adriani6I can make you one.
http://www.aagaming.org
that's my site.
All you need to do is:
- Buy a domain
- Help paying for the hosting,

The hosting plan I have, is $16 per month, dividing it by 2 gives you $8 p.m.

We currently already have a domain and hosting. All we need is for someone to help set up the site. What you have done to your site is EXACTLY what we are looking for!!!!
If you could help us do that we would LOVE it!
04/21/2012 10:42 am
Adriani6
I can make you one.
www.aagaming.org
that's my site.
All you need to do is:
- Buy a domain
- Help paying for the hosting,

The hosting plan I have, is $16 per month, dividing it by 2 gives you $8 p.m.
04/21/2012 10:17 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
BlueBerry Warrior
just message me ur feedback
04/21/2012 10:16 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
BlueBerry Warrior
ive made a couple of websites before and know how to work them and keep on top of them i'm currently working on 2 other projects one for The LOLfest Podcast and one for the funny lord of the rings but im literally done with them just need 2 get them online so ill be happy 2 help anytime soon
04/21/2012 10:24 am
Mattredsox
I will send this over to the owners and we will get back to you ASAP.

We also have realized that we can have more than one of you guys working on this!

Thanks for the quick replies!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome