Voting favors large servers

SuperPyroManiac's Avatar SuperPyroManiac3/17/14 11:43 am
1 emeralds 264 5
3/17/2014 12:45 pm
SuperPyroManiac's Avatar SuperPyroManiac
I have always found the sites that use voting to show the best server to be somewhat wrong. Think about it, a server with 200 players will get a lot more votes then a server with 20 players. Basically big servers get bigger, small server stay small. I'm glad PMC does not sell top server slots like most other sites though. What do you guys think about it?
SuperPyroManiac
Level 33 : Artisan Dragonborn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/17/2014 11:55 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Architect
MADA
I was thinking the same thing there should be a multiplier for the player count so the bigger the server the less it is multiplied by. and the smaller the more it is multiplied by.
03/17/2014 12:45 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Dragonborn
SuperPyroManiac
That would be easily abused.
03/17/2014 12:06 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Snowyfox
That would make big servers value votes more. It's making a virtual cap for the popularity of servers; that's unfair by most standards.
03/17/2014 11:51 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Zombie
planetminecrafter52342
Snowyfox
SuperPyroManiacsmall server stay small.

Not sure about that. I'm pretty sure you start off with the 20 voters and they bring in more people, and they chain reaction until they're like the big guys too.

SuperPyroManiacI'm glad PMC does not sell top server slots like most other sites though. What do you guys think about it?

...WHAT? Server sites do that!?

Of course they do, anything to get money.
03/17/2014 11:47 am
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Snowyfox
SuperPyroManiacsmall server stay small.

Not sure about that. I'm pretty sure you start off with the 20 voters and they bring in more people, and they chain reaction until they're like the big guys too.

SuperPyroManiacI'm glad PMC does not sell top server slots like most other sites though. What do you guys think about it?

...WHAT? Server sites do that!?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome