Want to learn coding, where do I start?

Kaiser Zdislav's Avatar Kaiser Zdislav4/9/16 3:30 am
1 emeralds 401 7
4/9/2016 8:45 am
wolv's Avatar wolv
So, i have played minecraft for a bit and have noticed that on servers there are plugins. Also there are "Developers" on a lot of servers.

I heard they are recruited since they know coding, so I was wondering if that's true and if it is where would you learn it? It would also be of great help if you could reference a few places to learn. Thank you for replying and have a nice morning/evening
Kaiser Zdislav
Level 1 : New Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

wolv
04/09/2016 8:45 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Scribe
One thing I find is often overlooked in suggestions is that after you have a handle of the basics, documentations for programming languages and add ons/modules can be incredibly helpful. For example, when I was learning to use PyQt, I found the most helpful place to go if I wasn't 100% sure of something was it's documentation
NovaArch
04/09/2016 8:40 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Architect
I would advise using CodeAcademy, I have used it in several of my High School classes. Very well furnishes and user friendly outlook. A plus is that most introductions are completely free, it incases Java, HTML, Python, Jquery and more.
SonicFan1011
04/09/2016 7:56 am
Level 48 : Master Baconator
personally, I learned Java from http://www.youthdigital.com , the course is expensive but they'll teach you Java through Minecraft modding and server creating. It really works! Only problem, it's expensive, as I said, so if you don't want to pay money, then there's probably a better way.

I remember the days when I would make Minecraft mods with literally no problem. Back when my life was simple....
yoda473
04/09/2016 7:40 am
Level 28 : Expert Button Pusher
Kaiser ZdislavI heard they are recruited since they know coding, so I was wondering if that's true

Yup, I can confirm the rumors to be true.
As for learning Java, Code Academy is a useful website, but if you're looking for an alternative, try this.
Restioson
04/09/2016 5:40 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Scribe
I would recommend codeacademy.com. It is a great resource and will get you coding in no time at all. They have fantastic free interactive web-based tutorials you can do. They currently offer mostly high-level/web languages such as Python and Ruby, but have recently started offering Java courses too. This is useful for aspiring mod/plugin developers as Java is the language used to code Minecraft mods and plugins.

Good luck, and happy coding!

-- Restioson
dooly123
04/09/2016 5:30 am
Level 24 : Expert Nerd
my devs are always looking for learner devs to teach and join our team if you are interested feel free to pm me for more information on the subject.
djkaye
04/09/2016 4:32 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
Try Udemy, and learn java. then look at tutorials for the bukkit api on youtube.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome