What Is Happening To The Forum Section?

Antiquez's Avatar Antiquez12/11/17 7:28 pm
12/13/2017 9:21 pm
LightlySaltedBuilder's Avatar LightlySaltedBuilder
I have been noticing that the forum section is getting a little overboard with new stuff.

I see alot of new servers that, in my opinion, are absolutely bad.

And then they're are cringy, desperate people who beg for builders!

And also, don't get me started on SPAM threads. Ugh, I totally HATE THAT!

Can you please put some restrictions, please? Like, the advertisementsfor servers somewhere else?

Oh, man...

PLEASE FIX THIS!

Who agrees with me?

Poll ended 12/25/2017 7:28 pm.

Antiquez
Level 38 : Artisan Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/13/2017 8:37 am
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
if people are spamming threads please report them, you can only have one advert for your server, (multiple users cannot post about the same server) if you see multiple for um please report them, Servers can only be advertised and recruited for in the server section of the forums, if you see any outside of here please report them
i cannot find every single offending thread on the forums, and there are currently only about 3 users who actively report threads, if you find offending threads report them, we will not punish you if you report them incorrectly or by accident

if the server threads are flooding your feed you can edit your feed to not show server threads, (this is also a way to find server threads outside the server section if you want to help

if you are sick of seeing adverts i would advise you to hide "Servers" and "Teams" from your feed

and please, if anyone sees threads that break our rules or you think might be breaking our rules, report them, there are not enough users helping our community clear up offending threads, as a moderator i cannot see every single thread being posted, im only human, i don't bite
12/13/2017 9:21 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Architect
LightlySaltedBuilder
I agree that this is bad, but my real problem is that the forums isn't filtering server threads out of my feed, like it's supposed to. If it wasn't for this I wouldn't have any problem.
12/13/2017 8:57 pmhistory
Level 36 : Artisan Pokemon
JediJerboa
I just don't like these kinds of threads, so I'm just gonna purge the heresy and leave. Sound alright?
12/13/2017 8:58 pm
Level 20 : Expert Miner
Bluex12345
ye
12/13/2017 7:54 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc2054575
[deleted]
12/12/2017 9:13 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Scribe
LetsGoTrippin
Your assumption that a majority of the forum has been overloaded with advertisements is completely true, and I agree that it's kind of annoying. But yet again, it's highly likely that the people doing the recruiting are young kids looking to strike it rich in the server market like Mineplex or Hypixel, and due to either incompetence or the lack of knowledge about successful Internet marketing, they end up here, because it's full of people who play Minecraft, and it's relatively easy to post a new thread about your home made (but still mediocre) server.
12/13/2017 2:12 am
Level 42 : Master Dragonborn
IndyJacksonTT
You need to have some decent skill to make a server like Mineplex.
12/13/2017 6:07 am
Level 37 : Artisan Scribe
LetsGoTrippin
I didn't mean that the kids posting were making equivalents to Mineplex. I meant that they just believe their poorly constructed servers will be the equivalent of Mineplex one day.
12/13/2017 3:13 pm
Level 42 : Master Dragonborn
IndyJacksonTT
That's what I meant.
12/12/2017 8:19 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Scribe
Jetra
Because pandora's box

But really people are slowly coming back to the game and the leeches instantly hop on to drain you dry. Competition breeds competition or something along those lines. You could just report them since they're all over the place.

Problem there: the forums suck when it comes to navigating and there's only, like, one person actually moderating the forums unless the rest are just hiding.
12/12/2017 7:43 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Nerd
ParkerTheDev
It's totally fine to advertise here on the Forums. It's simply because you can't post incomplete servers in the 'Servers' section on PMC.

They're also not begging. They're recruiting :P
12/11/2017 7:34 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Artist
Antiquez
Not all of them are bad.
I dont want to be rude! I just.....
oh pass...
Go away, stop reading this...
JUST STOP...
STOP IT NOW!!!
bye x)
Planet Minecraft