What to save money up for?

GamerBah's Avatar GamerBah7/14/14 2:36 am
1 emeralds 348 4
7/14/2014 11:02 pm
GamerBah's Avatar GamerBah
I am assuming that this is in the correct section.

So I recently got a new PC because I wanted to
1) run Minecraft faster, of course
and 2) Start YouTube and such

My current PC has an AMD FX-6300 6-core processor, 8 GB of RAM, and an AMD Radeon HD 6450 Graphics Card.

I am looking save my money up to sort of "upgrade" the setup I have now. My options include:

1) A microphone for recording and streaming
2) A new graphics card

I can always look at more options (including saving up - I am not against that!) if you guys mention some.

So what do I do? I can save up and buy basically anything (I guess you could say), or just plain save up.
GamerBah
Level 39 : Artisan Modder

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Lildirt
07/14/2014 6:32 am
Level 1 : New Modder
Personally, I use a HD 7950 graphics card and a Blue Yeti USB microphone. I've had exceptional performance from the microphone and the graphics card both, but you'll want to make sure the power supply can actually handle the card upgrade

As for video production, don't overkill on things. It's simply not worth it if you fail miserably, and you'll be stuck with expensive equipment that you won't use. There are two key things people want in a video: high video quality (1080p at 60 FPS), and high audio quality (don't use a potato to record).

About all I can offer is that advice, though. Be wary..
Aethroz
07/14/2014 5:49 am
Level 25 : Expert Cowboy
What is your current microphone? What software are you using to record?
GamerBah
07/14/2014 11:02 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Modder
I currently have an Afterglow headset, which has quite bad quality in terms of recording. For the software, I'm using OBS (I kinda wanna jump to Elgato once I can afford it, much less need it).
MrNinjaMan000
07/14/2014 2:46 am
Level 1 : New Miner
If youre starting a youtube channel dont spend lots of money on gear because it is not necessary in the early stages. just save until you see something worth your money and really think about it
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome