What is the criteria for being a "popular" texturepack?

R3DWING's Avatar R3DWING8/1/12 8:06 am
1 emeralds 267 8
8/28/2012 7:30 pm
Greytopher's Avatar Greytopher
I am curious as to what it takes to be featured on the "popular texture pack" frontpage. I notice a lot of texture packs on there and usually give them a look to see what is great about them hoping for a nice gem of a pack that makes me go "ooOO nicely done!" However, that is rarely the case more often then not the packs are pretty cool but with only a few great ones.

I would love to get my packs featured 1 day but beyond creating textures I think are worthy of a feature I am not sure what it takes. Even when I get more downloads in that day then the popular packs. I don't understand the criteria.

I am not trying to say MY PACKS ARE AWESOME AND SHOULD BE FEATURED (well maybe a little bit ) I am trying to say what does it take to get featured because the numbers don't always add up.

I don't mean to offend anyone saying your pack isn't worthy of being featured, if i did I am very sorry. I am pleased to see so many people create whether they are super skilled or new at texture pack creation. I love having a large pool of packs to swim around in and see everyone's take on certain areas of the game.

If you care to see my texture packs they are here. This isn't meant as a pack advert so please don't take it that way. Just read my question and if you need background info to see my packs then look at them, if not then you are all set.
http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/pigpack/
http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_ ... e-16x-wip/
R3DWING
Level 55 : Grandmaster Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/28/2012 7:30 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Pig
Greytopher
Texture packs are given diamonds if liked. If you make a quality, original, and outstanding texture, but it doesn't get the credit you deserve, you can moderately advertise it. Getting the popular reel is hard the first time, but once you do get it, you'll get the subscribers to help you get it once again.
08/28/2012 4:40 pm
Level 26 : Expert Geek
alexbeast12
I think there isn't a criteria. Just be creative with textures. Just don't try to make a texture pack in the least amount of time possible.
08/28/2012 4:38 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Toast
Unnatural
I have actually gotten on the front page (with westcraft) And i gained about 10000 views and 30 diamonds when i was on, i think it has to do with how quickly you get diamonds and views and the #.
Hope this helps.

-Apple
08/25/2012 2:48 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Miner
xcsgamer
Perhaps... this is a theory mind you... moderators are the ones who select what goes on the popular reel. YouDontSay.JPG
08/25/2012 2:27 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Pony
JJrambo96
It seems totally random to me. Sometimes you will see an absolutely shit creation on the popular reel with 3 diamonds and 30 views.
08/25/2012 2:24 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Skinner
Sinisterrrr
I'm not sure, it's all confusing.
I posted a blog with a picture of a cat with Gordon Brown's face and it somehow made the reel.
I think you have to get a certain amount of diamonds and views in a set time.
However, for the contest (skins) I did better than a lot of people, feedback-wise, and didn't get in the top 100.
So I think it may be something else. Go with the first theory, maybe.
08/25/2012 5:40 am
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Nerd
Zorock
Could a Mod pls tell us the answer to this question?
Or at least say, if they aren't going to leak the information.
Anything would be appreciated.
08/10/2012 9:39 am
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Nerd
Zorock
I would love to know the answer to this question as well! My 16x version of Pure-Edge got on the "Popular" list once, and even made it into the circulation on the front-page, but even when my 32x got 1200+views and 400+ downloads in a day, it didn't get featured on the "Popular" list, even though others have less views and downloads...

So could someone with the answer to his question pls answer it?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome