What the world of PlanetMinecraft is coming to.

Alpha's Avatar Alpha10/22/12 12:29 am
1 emeralds 1.2k 73
10/25/2012 9:50 pm
DAP's Avatar DAP
Well lately i've been seeing progressive spam junk and just overall noobs trying to get staff positions I see some people that never even post a submission they simply come here see a server staff oppurtunity (or something else) and register for that sole purpose of replying to that one thing, and never touch there account again. Now I know this might sound ridiculous but its getting harder and harder to find any quality stuff anymore its gotten to the point to where I just goto the 5-6 highest ranking members or moderators to find anything. It seems there the only one I can stand to look at anymore except for a few people that are out of this category also Ive seen so much stuff and been flagging up a storm these past couple months. One thing I think should be put into play if someones account has been inactive for more than 2 months then it should be deleted also if a person repetively posts Horrible-quality items (such as steve skins or stolen things) I dont think there stuff should just be deleted I think they should be temp-banned and if they're really dedicated to PlanetMinecraft when they come back (If they do) they will think twice about posting something they threw together in 3 minutes just for the level. Ok I know most of you will probably read no more because the legnth of this paragraph is getting Huge so for now I leave you with farewell
-C
Alpha
Level 6 : Apprentice Warrior

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/25/2012 9:50 pm
Level 27 : Expert Dragon
DAP
BethamezWE BUILT THIS CITY ON ROCK AND ROLL
[youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsdj9NRzqC4[/youtube]

Mah Favorite Song
10/25/2012 9:47 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Network
Bethamez
Don't make topics about this sort of thing.

Oh, And....

WE BUILT THIS CITY ON ROCK AND ROLL
[youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsdj9NRzqC4[/youtube]
10/25/2012 9:05 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Pixel Puncher
marko1
Dis gon b gud
10/25/2012 8:59 pm
Alpha
Fine im blocking you from my account im not in the mood for a locked topic
10/25/2012 12:13 am
Level 35 : Artisan Dragonborn
The_Irock
Hrrm, I agree that most of the stuff I see on the skin section of PMC (which is what I mostly look at) is just crud. But I think that banning anyone who hasn't been on for a while is going overboard. I'm a skinner, but sometimes I lose motivation for a few months and then come back to post a few more skins and I think it would be unfair to kick people like me who are just taking a break. And I believe my skins to be of good quality. Just saying, no hate.
10/25/2012 12:13 am
Level 29 : Expert Spider Rider
ichococat
I am just waiting for a Flame-War to start and not get involved. :/
10/24/2012 11:57 pm
Level 44 : Master Enderdragon
l_Pro_Assassin
This will soon turn into a big flame war, this thread will most likely be locked pretty soon.
10/25/2012 12:11 am
Level 29 : Expert Fisherman
BattlingApollo
Aye aye, captain.
10/24/2012 11:11 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Goblin
Ghostise
Temp bans should be a must to thefts and unoriginal content. Mods if you are reading this, don't be afraid of the banhammer, weapons free

[USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST]
10/25/2012 1:47 am
Level 33 : Artisan Goblin
Ghostise
BTW I was not banned
10/24/2012 8:24 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Pixel Painter
jesbuscus
the_soup
coolhead17Now I know this might sound ridiculous but its getting harder and harder to find any quality stuff anymore its gotten to the point to where I just goto the 5-6 highest ranking members or moderators to find anything.
-C

View Smurfette
That is all.

wonderful i approve the trolling
10/24/2012 8:15 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Enderdragon
sordxyx
Add Time Thing Shows when the member is on and off
Leel 0 not on for 2 weeks Kik emm
Level 1 no on for 3 goes up
Kick Level 0 who are inactive!
10/24/2012 8:10 pm
Alpha
Whoever once more youre the only one thats going to cause a flame-war if you would be so kind to leave this before I block you from all my stuff that would work nicely, no?
10/24/2012 8:02 am
Level 21 : Expert Goblin
Windows7HomePremium
Spammers, spammers everywhere.
10/24/2012 8:00 am
Level 47 : Master Princess
Whoever01
See, I have only heard of you when you first ve mar a mod! I once left because I wanted to RP in the official forums!
10/24/2012 7:56 am
Level 27 : Expert Dragon
DAP
Yes, there are lots of spammers, and people who post skins that are already there or counted for as spam, but there come so many site reports, that it takes forever to clear just a bit of them. With an almost 600,000 user database, a lot will be spammers.

And talking about the 2 month thing, I left for 2 months, because I went on vacation around summer time. So I would have been banned you are saying? Just for going on a far vacation (there was no internet there)? I find that unfair. They should be able to keep their accounts as long as they want, as you never know if they will come back.
10/24/2012 7:48 am
Whoever01
Everybody, this thread must be locked before a flame war emerges!
10/24/2012 7:46 am
Whoever01
Honestly, this thread kinda sucks! Why hasn't DaAwesomePwner locked it yet!
10/23/2012 9:22 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Miner
Phrozenbit
Snowylips
Jesuitical
PhrozenbitWhen enough honest members use the system the way it is intended

Good luck.

what he said. There' not much point in wanting a change if realistically it probably will never happen due to human nature

*facepalm*

I'm going to leave it at that, because this will otherwise probably turn into a never ending flamewar, due to human nature
10/23/2012 2:28 am
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
It will change if we force it to change. We're putting new stuff in place to deter spammers, just give us time to roll it out. We're also promoting a new batch of moderators soon.

-P
10/23/2012 2:10 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Skinner
Jennix
Guys stop fighting, I really do think he has a point. And whoever01 btw you started the fight not him and he said it in a opinan not something u can steal or something
10/24/2012 7:47 am
Whoever01
Bull!
10/23/2012 2:03 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster uwu
Ash
Jesuitical

Good luck.

what he said. There' not much point in wanting a change if realistically it probably will never happen due to human nature
10/23/2012 1:48 am
Whoever01
Vrej hasnt locked this yet?
10/23/2012 1:54 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Soldier
Rayner_XIII
From what I've read there's no real reason to lock this.
10/22/2012 8:50 pm
Level 27 : Expert Princess
Jesuitical

Good luck.
10/22/2012 7:58 pm
Alpha
Well snowy I agree on most of this but I personally that skins should take time im not specifically about just bad quality but mainly about no time spent and then submitting some junk that took like 1 minute.
10/22/2012 5:08 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Dragon
hornet5517
Snowylipswhat Luis said, finally, someone sees that quality is entirely in the eye of the beholder. While, yes, stolen skins are an issue, skins that people claim as "crappy" just aren't at the standard as say leos or dinows. You can't really measure the quality definitively, it's like asking "how long is a piece of string". Though, yes, there will always be a better skin, guess what, there'll always be a worse one too.

A piece of string has no length until you cut it.
10/22/2012 3:12 am
Ash
what Luis said, finally, someone sees that quality is entirely in the eye of the beholder. While, yes, stolen skins are an issue, skins that people claim as "crappy" just aren't at the standard as say leos or dinows. You can't really measure the quality definitively, it's like asking "how long is a piece of string". Though, yes, there will always be a better skin, guess what, there'll always be a worse one too.
10/22/2012 3:22 am
Phrozenbit
Just added something to my last response, But i agree, spam in one form or another will always be a problem, and quality is a relative term, however spam is without a shred of quality.

As stated earlier I decided to spearhead a Redstone computer topic, just to get Redstone projects and the engineers more noticed, and to inspire people to create quality content at the same time.
10/22/2012 3:10 am
Level 71 : Legendary Pokemon
Luis
Okay, you may disagree with me but hear me out. Most of the people in this blog are just complaining about other users. How about instead we lift others up instead of pushing them down. Come on guys this is a user based site, its quality is what we make of it
10/22/2012 2:48 am
Ash
Profile voting could cause MAJOR issues however, where an influential person, who may not necessarily be the best builder, could have people vote for them, and they could spam post. Whereas, someone who has good intentions, average builds, may make enemies with an influential person, and get downvoted just out of pure opinion of one person. That would be a main issue, oh, and also mulitaccounting
10/22/2012 2:52 am
Phrozenbit
Yes, people can take advantage of it, but by the same logic diamonds, favorites, views, comments and downloads contributing to experience points and level cause the same major problems, yet they exist and are taken advantage of right now, which explains the spam submissions in the first place.

When used honestly, such a profile voting system could actually change the path Planet Minecraft walks now. When enough honest members use the system the way it is intended, and the system is somehow monitored, this could potentially also lessen the motivation for members to submit spam, thus helping in cleaning up Planet Minecraft a bit.. The idea is not all bad
10/22/2012 2:40 am
Phrozenbit
I understand that, that's why I'm doing my part flagging unwanted posts and submissions whenever I stumble upon such content.

And don't worry, I would not want to be promoted, as it will change my experience on PMC negatively.

The idea of JerodMacDonald seems like a good one Profile voting
10/22/2012 2:33 am
Alpha
Lol and I personally do not want this post deleted this addresses a good issue
10/22/2012 2:32 am
Level 72 : Legendary Button Pusher
the_soup
Despite our large userbase it's actually quite difficult to find people who are active, mature and able to handle conflict well. We are well aware that we need more (active) mods, though, and this is something that we are constantly trying to rectify.
(Please don't turn this into a 'HEY U SHUD PROMOT ME IM MATUR 10/10!' thread, your posts will be deleted)
10/22/2012 2:18 am
Level 25 : Expert Dragon
Draco Dragon
we do our best, its what we do here, if there's nothing to do we usually stalk the place till we either find something to laugh about or moderate or until someone reports it, but that's just time filling if were free
10/22/2012 2:15 am
Alpha
Must be even harder for mods you have to deal with all of it 24/7 I only see about 25% un-deleted material thats why I have the upmost respect for you
10/22/2012 2:13 am
Level 25 : Expert Dragon
Draco Dragon
many posts on PMC are due to people not having common sense and that we get many immature and young users, its not bad but it does become over cumbersome to deal with everything at once, half the time were busy clearing out someones posts because they decided to spam the same thing over and over and then the flow of skins or mods over flow and we miss some of the spammed posts, so we try our best, but what should be happening is the community helps us and reports these things, they will be handled as soon as possible by the moderation team, so please report these posts and we shale take care of them as soon as humanly and cyberpunk-y as possible, thank you and have a good night.
10/22/2012 2:27 am
Phrozenbit
If overflow is the case then it seems you guy's need a bit more moderators ( or more moderators active at the same time ) in order to get rid of spam submissions. and of course you guy's do your best, there's also a life outside of PMC.
10/22/2012 2:12 am
Phrozenbit
-Snipping the obvious-

Profiles themselves should have some sort of rating system. It starts off that you can post up to 5 projects a day, and based on up or down votes that number changes. If everything you've ever done is -snip-, you get one. If you're part of a team cranking out top quality stuff, post as many as you want.

Now that's actually a good idea, I'd really like such functionality.
10/22/2012 2:03 am
Level 27 : Expert Architect
JerodMacDonald
Tis the cycle of most great internet forums.

Starts off small, separating the Wheat from the Chaff is easy at that point. A lot of it is largely user based. Anyone with half a brain just gang flames the morons until all but the most aggressive leave.

Community works great for a while. As it grows more mods are needed to keep up with the influx of members and content, everyone gets more friends and more stuff and its all good.

Then you break the "relatively unknown" threshold and the internet at large gets its claws in. Suddenly you're swamped with crap content, users who were once infallibly useful turning into the grumpy -snip- that are actually somehow worse than the SOOOO RANDDOMMMM 12 year olds most of the time.

The core will generally always be around, with "veterans" coming in and out of "retirement". 10-20% of your accounts got used once to upload something awful and make a terrible introductory post on the forums and are now totally inactive. So many -snip- try to ruin things that modders can start to hate their job instead of taking pride in it and banhammers run rampant.

In the end, most fail quickly. Ones like this will probably be ok, its got an awesome game with some mind blowing content behind it.

Profiles themselves should have some sort of rating system. It starts off that you can post up to 5 projects a day, and based on up or down votes that number changes. If everything you've ever done is -snip-, you get one. If you're part of a team cranking out top quality stuff, post as many as you want.
10/22/2012 2:06 am
Alpha
That was one of the most singly intelligent thing i've ever heard bro you should write blogs
10/22/2012 1:40 am
Alpha
Snowy thats completely true opposed to them just copying skins
10/22/2012 1:38 am
Ash
meh, it's a minecraft website, I fail to see how there can be "too much skinning" (though yeah, some of them have only had 2 minutes spent on them; at least they had two minutes)
10/22/2012 1:44 am
Phrozenbit
That's kind of what I meant to say, there are too much members that try to get famous with '2-minute' skins. I'm all for quality skins, there can never be enough of those. In my opinion It's just a little out of balance.
10/22/2012 1:36 am
Phrozenbit
Snowylips
the_soup
coolhead17Now I know this might sound ridiculous but its getting harder and harder to find any quality stuff anymore its gotten to the point to where I just goto the 5-6 highest ranking members or moderators to find anything.
-C

View Smurfette
That is all.

This^^

Just going to throw it in here: there's too much skinning going on here on PMC, in relation to other submission types.
10/22/2012 1:28 am
Ash
the_soup
-C

View Smurfette
That is all.

This^^
10/22/2012 1:09 am
Level 49 : Master Ninja
LOLDA
True. That's why a load of groups are being made, so they only upload quality work.
10/22/2012 1:14 am
Phrozenbit
That's what I'm trying to accomplish. Getting Redstone computer development, and of course the engineers more noticed.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome