Whats up with the MC server banner?

KrashDozer's Avatar KrashDozer4/26/12 1:40 am
4/26/2012 11:47 am
KrashDozer's Avatar KrashDozer
Everytime I go to see If I am on the banner, Half of the server that are on it are offline. Like there was a server that has been offline for a week that is still on the banner the last time I checked. Now I dont mean to sound stingy, but how can a server be popular if you cant play on it? My server always has people on it minus right now, becuase I cant get on the banner, 60+ Diamonds today still not on the banner. 800+ Unique players. 96 slots and no lag.... What does it take to get on the banner? I mean seriously..... Sorry for the rant but I think that thing is bugged. 4 out what 6 or 7 servers on that thing are always offline....
KrashDozer
Level 44 : Master Nerd

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/26/2012 11:47 am
Level 44 : Master Nerd
KrashDozer
Thank you, I didnt know how it worked, I assumed by "Popular" meant like well what popular meant "Liked" My playerbase gets to 60-70 without the banner but gets full with the banner Thank you for the reply.
04/26/2012 5:44 am
Level 32 : Artisan Taco
FoxOfDoom
So your server always has people on it, expect for this moment because it's not on the popular reel? Seems legit (I apologize for my attitude). The popular reel/gallery and the servers on it are determined by the total views, comments, diamonds and the date it was posted (Not sure if favorites come into this). Compare your submission with some of the servers on the reel/gallery. You'll notice they have either more views, comments, diamonds, or was posted before your server submission. That would be the reason they're on the reel and not yours. Note: Notice how there are many 'Hunger Games' servers on the reel? Take a look at how many comments they have (;

As for getting your server on the reel/gallery, you should know how the algorithm works. It pulls from different time periods. I.E. Popular in last week, 2 weeks, month. Also, it has a 10% chance of showing the most popular servers on this site. That being said, it's possible your server isn't on the reel now, but it could be later (Your server would fall under the two week mark, as it appears to be eight days old). I hope this explains your situation a bit better?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome