Who knows how to force puzzles to be generated regardless of the initial set size of the structure?

_void_king_'s Avatar _void_king_10/17/23 2:41 am
10/17/2023 2:59 am
ScotsMiser's Avatar ScotsMiser
Conventionally, I have a village in which size 4 is indicated, roads spawn and a house spawns at the fourth junction, which also has a continuation with different variations, but the generation no longer reaches them. Is it possible to spawn them regardless of the specified structure size and without using command blocks?
_void_king_
Level 7 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

ScotsMiser
10/17/2023 2:59 am
Level 38 : Artisan Miner
history
Unclear as to what is being asked….

The title asks "…how to force puzzles to be generated…", but the only 'puzzles' with which I am familiar in vanilla are the lever & piston setup in jungle temples;
to what does puzzle refer?

From the body of the post it would seem that the concern is the buildings in the spawning village do not extend to the ends of the paths that spawn as part of a village.
[​Assuming I've accurately restated the issue…]
My understanding is that there are random element sin the village generation algorithm and that it is very common for the paths to extend beyond the outer edges of the structures (houses etc.) which would argue there is no way to force structures to generate out to the ends of the paths.
[I do not recall seeing a village where at least some of the paths generated did not extend at least a bit beyond the buildings.]

There were some technical builds based on manipulating the pseudo-RNG that I saw a while back [​2-3 years maybe :idk: ], but the ones I remember were focused on things like ensuring maximum drops when using Fortune, or cage spawner generation.
It is possible the later might be adapted to village generation, but that seems overkill vs using command blocks. (It is also a topic that lies far outside my areas of interest, which limits suggestions….)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome