"Do you want to run this application?" Security warning...

nnana's Avatar nnana3/18/13 6:37 am
3/18/2013 8:25 am
Cipher_Punk's Avatar Cipher_Punk
So every time I try looking at a skin, this pops up.

It's very irritating. I was wondering if this happens to anyone else, or if someone knows how to stop it? I've already tried adding planetminecraft.com as an exception to my firewall, but I don't really think that does anything. I don't think it's my anti-virus, but maybe I'm missing something. (I use Microsoft Security Essentials, and also Windows 7.)

Oh, I also forgot to add that checking the "Do not show this again for this app" doesn't work. It pops up again for every new skin that I open up.
nnana
Level 36 : Artisan Spider Rider

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Cipher_Punk
03/18/2013 8:25 am
Level 80 : Elite Grump
yw glhf
nnana
03/18/2013 7:27 am
Alriiiigght, I think I fixed it by going to my Java Control Panel and setting the security level to medium. There are advanced settings for it, but I have no patience to figure out which setting in particular is causing the security warning. 8D Maybe I'll set it back to high when I'm not on PMC. Thanks peeps.
Cipher_Punk
03/18/2013 6:53 am
Level 80 : Elite Grump
The skin previewer is a java applet, which runs in your browser. Your security settings for your browser or operating system are identifying that an applet wants to run and asking you what to do about it.

While that is technically good security, it's also annoying. Go into your browser settings and tweak your security settings to allow trusted pages to run applets, and allow PMC. If you can, set it to allow only the skin previewer applet to run as trusted.

Please google how to do so before asking us how to do that. I promise you will find the answer in your browser of choice's support pages.
nnana
03/18/2013 6:59 am
That was a good suggestion - I went into my browser settings and tried that, but I must have already tried that before, because planetminecraft.com was already added as an exception to everything, lol. I have no idea why it's still popping up. I'll try to see if there's any other security options for Firefox that I can't see directly in the settings.
Fokkusu
03/18/2013 6:41 am
Level 43 : Master Fox
*Run
*Do not show this again for this app

Does that not work?
nnana
03/18/2013 6:47 am
Edited my first post. No, it does not. It won't pop up again for that specific skin, but it will for any new skin. And I bet if I cleared my cache, I'd have to check them all over again. 8|
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome