🎃🍄 Hallow's Eve-ent | Skinning event 🍄🎃emoji_flags

Prince Ren's Avatar Prince Ren9/20/20 4:44 pm history
37 emeralds 1.9k 137
11/1/2020 12:28 pm
Prince Ren's Avatar Prince Ren
We suggest you USE DARK MODE.
https://i.imgur.com/ivuNzD2.png

Event banner created by Saara_. You may not use/edit/recreate, etc. without their permission.

Hallows Eve-ent official Discord Server! [​Click here to join].

~
When do I sign up? When does the event start/end?

Sign-up dates are from Sep 21st to Sep 30th of 2020.
*We will not be accepting any sign-ups after the 30th.

The event officially starts on Oct 1st, 2020 (signups will be closed. Event entries will be open).

The event officially ends on Oct 30th, 2020 (Event entries will be closed as well as signups [obviously).

~
Alright, great. How do I sign up?

Please use this Google Form to sign up: > > Click me < < (This does NOT collect any personal information).

How do I properly fill out the form?

• Write your PMC or Skindex username (or both) under ‘Username (PMC and/or Skindex)'.
  • If you have a Discord Account feel free to write under ‘Discord (Optional)’.

• If you agree to the event terms please select ‘yes’ under ‘I agree to event terms’.

• If you’re sure you’ll be able to post one (1) skin for each main round--which is four (4) skins in total--please select ‘Yes’ under ‘Can you participate’.
Then you're done!

*If you're unable to fill out this form please contact our event staff.

~
Okay...what about the event rules?

The rules are listed here! Please read through & follow them accordingly.

• No NSFW skins (if you’re unsure whether your skin is allowed for this event feel free to contact either of us hosts).

• Please don’t insult any participants or event entries (this includes, but is not limited to; mean or offensive comments, name-calling, harassment, witch-hunting, bullying, etc.)

• Please don’t use bases; even if they’re your own.

• Please don’t steal and/or re-use any previously made designs/skins/content/art.
    All skins must be made from scratch (mentioned in detail below).
  • You must only enter skins that were made specifically for this event. Using any skins that were made prior to this event will not count, even if they were your own. Editing or re-creating (re-shading, re-colouring, re-vamping, etc.) skins that were made before this event will not count, even if they were your own.
  • Be creative and be unique, please don't use references for the skin you're creating (this means using one or more photos/scenes/songs etc. as a reference for the content you’re creating).
    *We want this to be a creative outlet for everyone. We want people to experiment and step out of their comfort zones (not to the point where they’re not having fun, of course)! Either one or both hosts will be participating, but none of our skins will count in the final event collection.

• If you see a skin breaking any event rules please DM/PM either of us hosts and we’ll have it dealt with. If the skin, however, does not break any of our event rules we’ll explain to you why it’s allowed.
    *If the skin is very obviously breaking PMC rules I.E. stolen without credit/permission, inappropriate/18+/etc. please don't hesitate to report it.

• Please follow each theme appropriately. Although we want everyone to be creative there’s still a line that can be crossed. We want the theme to be recognizable in the skin.
    You are absolutely welcome to write a brief (or long & detailed) backstory about your skin if you believe the theme may be hard to recognize at first glance (or if just want to write a story). We do suggest writing a brief (or long & detailed) backstory to better understand your skin; writing is also a form of creativity and will surely make everyone greatly proud of your already amazing work!

• Please do not post any skins for Round 2 while still in Round 1. This goes for every other round, too.
    *Round themes will not be announced until the first day of the new Round.
*There are consequences if any event rules are broken. The most common consequence will be disqualification from this event. If PMC rules are broken in any way reports to PMC staff will be made without hesitation.
Thank you.

*If you have any questions or concerns please contact our event staff. Thank you!

~
Alright, now what?

Well, I thought it would be interesting if you could meet our staff! It's important to know who's helping out around this event. There's still more, of course...

• We do ask that you respect each and every staff member, though.
    There will be symbols beside their names (in the Discord server, too) explaining what event-based questions/concerns they'll be accepting.
    Some of our staff members don't want to do the event hosts' work.
    Symbol information
    A '★' (star) means this staff member is accepting all types of questions and concerns. The people who have this are most likely admins or event hosts.
    Please be polite and respectful to the staff!

A '♥' (heart) means this staff member is only accepting questions about the event. These questions being asked should be simple and easy to answer.

A '♦' (diamond) means this staff member is only accepting concerns about the event. These concerns being asked should be simple and easy to understand. These concerns must be constructive and helpful in regards to the event itself.
    Concerns are meant for privately reporting issues noticed in the event, whether it's user behaviour or something as small as a spelling mistake.

*Please note that these symbols may change over time! Please respect that.

The hosts!

[] Saara_ and [] Prince Ren (me).

The staff members (admins/mods/helpers, etc.)

[] Gelopsys [​Discord Server Admin/Event helper]
[] CaelChan [​Discord Server Admin/Event helper]

[] Kaos_Kitten [​Discord Server Admin/Event helper]
(more to come)

Hi! Discord Server Helper and Moderator applications are still open!
Here are the links...
Moderator [​click me!]
Helper [​click me!]

~
I'm confused...Is there any information that we need to know?

Yes! There's a lot. Get ready for a long read.

Starting off, this event has theme rounds.

* There will be four (4) official rounds and one (1) bonus round (which you do not have to participate in).

The themes of each round will be mentioned on the day the new round starts. This will prevent creating skins in advance, or, in other words, cheating.

There's a minimum & maximum to how many skins you're allowed to upload per round.
The maximum being five (5) skins per person per round and the minimum being one (1) skin per person per round. In simpler words, you're allowed to upload five (5) skins each round, but you're also allowed to only upload one (1) skin each round.
For people who have work, school, or other things to do IRL, you'll only have to upload 4 skins for this event (or more if you want to).
* The bonus round is not a need-be, it's simply just for fun. You do not have to enter a skin for the bonus round in order to properly participate in this event.

Each round lasts the same amount of time, give or take a day or so.

Round one (1) starts October 1st, 2020, and ends on October 7th, 2020.
Round two (2) starts October 8th, 2020, and ends on October 14th, 2020.
Round three (3) starts October 15th, 2020, and ends on October 21st, 2020.
Round four (4) starts October 22nd, 2020, and ends on October 28th, 2020.
The bonus round only lasts for one (1) day! From October 29th, 2020, to October 30th, 2020! We will be announcing the theme for the bonus round when we announce Round four's theme!
* Note that you may only upload event skins for their appropriate themes, within the dates of their appropriate themes. This means you cannot upload a R3 skin for R4, or a R2 skin for R3. This goes for the bonus theme, as well. (R1 = Round one [​1], R2 = Round two [​2], and so on).

Each round, you will get tokens per the number of skins you make. This means if you upload one (1) skin for R1, you will gain a single R1 token; If you were to upload three (3) skins for R1, you will gain three (3) tokens, and so on.
This goes for all rounds excluding the bonus round (the bonus round does not have tokens)!
The maximum of tokens you can have is 20, and the minimum is four (4).
At the end of the event, there will be a list of things you can "buy" (no real money is used. This is simply a "point" system, except more simple) using tokens you've earned throughout the event, these things will be like bases, skins, art, etc. requests.
We will keep a count of all tokens earned and DM them to you privately once finished. Again, these tokens are not a real currency and are simply a replacement for common "points"; the more "points" you have, the better the prize.
Edit [​2020, 10, 18]: All tokens 'sprites' will be given to you via PMs at the end of Round 4, around the 28th - 30th of October. Until then, at the end of R1, R2 and R3 we will send you a PM simply stating how many tokens you have earned so far in the event. As mentioned before, token 'sprites' will not be given to you until the end of Round 4.

Each round will have its own token design. All basic tokens have a value of one.
The list of items that can be "bought" will be shared on the 30th of October.
You do not have to use your points/tokens, you can simply put them on your page as a trophy of sorts.
Edit #2 [​2020, 10, 18]: Two new types of tokens have been added. Information is in the event comments but I will put brief descriptions here:
1: "Special token", it has a cost of 2. You earn it by thinking out-of-the-box in regards to your skin(s) design(s).
2: "Three-cost token", it has the cost of 3. You earn it by following following the round necessity properly (for R1, it was earned by creating skins with a noticable change in hue-shifting, or lack of).

We would appreciate it if you publish your event skins to PMC seeing since it's easier to access, but other easily accessible platforms for MC skins are fine, too.
Please link your skin here no matter where you publish it in order to find it.
Please tag your skin "HallowsEvent".
Please follow all event rules & guidelines accordingly.

If your skin has not been linked within six (6) days of it being uploaded, it will not count in the event and a new skin will have to be made.
If your skin does not have the tag "HallowsEvent" it will not count.

Please note that pictures of skins, links to skins that were not made for this event or were not made by you, are copies/stolen or are breaking any platform & event rules will NOT count.
* Breaking any rules or guidelines will either cause skins to be discounted or for users to be disqualified.

~
Well, what are the round themes?

The themes and rounds will be here once they begin!

Themes and rounds (Round 2 is out)!

Round 4 (October 23rd - 29th
!! I added on an extra day to upload your event skins due to being late on this one again. Life has gotten a lot busier lately and, sadly, there's nothing more I can do to cut down the things that need to be done. !!
)
Monster Mashup! [​Shading Style] // Persona/OC/Yourself in a costume

What does this mean?
Well, get ready for a bit of a read! It's important, so please read everything.

Very simple and short.
Mix all three previous rounds into one skin!

What does this mean?
Mix in the different hue shifting, colouring style and shading style into one whole skin. No, this skin won't end up looking like what you normally make - that's the whole point!

Keep in mind; you cannot recreate any video game/game, movie/tv show, book, etc. character in any way, or use universes that already exist and were not created by you. Please make every design fully from scratch and be creative!

All and any costume is allowed and accepted as long as it makes sense and follows the Event & PMC Rules/Guidelines! If it's something more creative and not commonly seen as 'Halloween', please write a short story explaining - I'd love to see it!

BONUS ROUND (October 29th - 30th *Optional round*)
Make a skin of one or both mascots! We will be giving out pictures of the mascots on October 24th (Pacific time).

What does this mean?

All you need to do is make a skin of one or both mascots (will be shared soon).

All skins for this round must be uploaded on the 29th or 30th. You MAY make them beforehand since there are only two days that they can be uploaded.

ROUND 3 IS OFFICIALLY OVER! ROUND 4 HAS STARTED.

Round 3 (October 15th - 21st [I will allow people to upload R3 skins on the 21st & 22nd due to not being able to get this done earlier. My apologies):
Shadow Swap! [​Shading Style]

What does this mean?

Shadow Swap! is based entirely around swapping and/or changing your shading style (not permanently!).
But what does that mean?
Your shading style is the style you use when shading.
Shading includes two things for this event: The general style (IE simple, medium, detailed, realistic, cartoonish, etc.) and colour/shade (IE soft/subtle, medium, heavy/hard, and so on).

Okay. What do we do for this round?

Switch up your shading style, it's quite simple. Make sure it's noticeable, though!
If your shading is soft/subtle (similar to mine!), try going for 'harder' shading (for example, I'd use darker colours for the shade, and lighter highlights; it'd lead to a bigger contrast between the shadows & highlights).
This doesn't only include your general shading style, though! Try something different - not just the colour/shade! If your style is simple, similar to mine, try making it more detailed (this means you'd use many more colours than you usually do
Keep in mind you can upload more than one skin for each round (5 maximum)!

Well, what if I don't know what my shading style is?

That's okay! Just try one you think will be a challenge for you!
For example, my colouring style is simple/subtle in both ways. So I'd like to try out something more detailed, with harder shading. You can choose what you want to do as long as it's different!

If you have any questions at all or are unsure if your skin(s) follow the round correctly, feel free to contact me through PMC PMs or DMs!

Keep in mind, this event is to try out new things!
The skin(s) you make don't have to be god-tier. Feel free to try your absolute best, though, just please don't push yourself to the point where it makes you unhappy! In the end, it's simply a Minecraft skin that can be fixed up to your liking later on.
As mentioned above, this event is to try out new things :)

Round 3 (October 15th - 21st [I will allow people to upload R3 skins on the 21st & 22nd due to not being able to get this done earlier. My apologies):
Witch/Wizard

What does this mean?
Well, you'll be making a skin(s) that has to do with a Witch, Wizard, Magic-user/Mage, Sorcerer, and so on!
You can do anything that has to do with some sort of Witch/Wizard type! If it's not noticeable that it's a Witch/Wizard at first glance, write a short story or backstory about the skin itself! Art is welcome (as long as it's by you) :)
Now, keep in mind one or more people in this event may make a similar skin or similar skins to the one(s) you publish.

Again, if you have any questions at all, feel free to DM/PM me!

ROUND 2 IS OFFICIALLY OVER! ROUND 3 HAS STARTED.

Round 2 (October 8th - 14th):
Switch up! [​Colouring style]

What does this mean?
Well, get ready for a bit of a read! It's all important, so please read everything.

Switch up! is based entirely around switching your colouring style up.
But what does that mean?
Your colouring style (not the official name, I believe) is the type of colour you use. For example, pastel, normal, dark/edgy, and so on. Some other styles including neon, vibrant, de-saturated, and so on.

Okay. What do we do for this round?
Switch up your colouring style, it's quite simple. Make sure it's noticeable, though!
If you do pastel skins, for example, try doing something darker, or maybe de-saturated, or even extremely vibrant.
Keep in mind you can upload more than one skin for each round (5 maximum)!

Well, what if I don't know what my colouring style is?
That's okay! Just try one you think will be a challenge for you!
For example, my colouring style is generally more de-saturated. So I'd like to try out something like more vibrant colours, or even pastel! You can choose what you want to do as long as it's different!

If you have any questions at all or are unsure if your skin(s) follow the round correctly, feel free to contact me through PMC PMs or DMs!

The skin(s) you make don't have to be god-tier. Feel free to try your absolute best, though, just please don't push yourself to the point where it makes you unhappy! In the end, it's simply a Minecraft skin that can be fixed up to your liking later on.

Round 2 (October 8th - 14th):
Goblin

What does this mean?
Well, you'll be making a skin(s) that has to do with a Goblin.
You can do anything that has to do with a Goblin (yes, even Goblincore)! If it's not noticeable that it's a goblin at first glance, write a short story or backstory about the skin itself! Art is welcome (as long as it's by you) :)
Now, keep in mind one or more people in this event may make a similar skin or similar skins to the one(s) you publish.

Here are some sites that may boost your inspiration!:
Site 1
Site 2

ROUND 1 IS OFFICIALLY OVER! ROUND 2 HAS STARTED.

Round 1 (October 1st - 7th):
Hallow’s Hues! [​Hue shifting]

What does this mean?
Well, get ready for a bit of a read! It's all important, so please read everything.

Hallow's Hues is based entirely around Hue shifting.
Here's how it works:
If you don't hue shift at all or only hue shift a little, you'll be trying simple hue shifting (meaning the hue shift won't be insane, it'll be simple and subtle, yet still there, similar to what I do)!

If you do simple hue shifting (similar to mine), try medium. And if you do medium, try hue shifting more difficult tones, such as deep blue to yellow using a limited palette, for example.

Round 1 Theme (October 1st - 7th):
Pumpkin

What does this mean?
Well, you'll be making a skin(s) that has to do with a Pumpkin! BUT, make sure it's creative! Try to think outside the box (meaning try not to make a generic orange pumpkin-themed skin).
Here's a site that may boost your inspiration! (Click me!)

~
Who's participating?

Here's a list of everyone who's signed up so far!

Event participants.
Will be listed in order, from A - Z (first letter of username).

Chaotic Stupid
m0thh
PickleCat
soulblqde
SpoopySkeleton
Ascaeus
Xaphanx

These are the remaining participants as of R2. Everyone else has either left or been disqualified for lack of participation (or no prior notice before leaving the event).

~
What if we have questions?

Feel free to ask questions in the comments or through DMs/PMs! Your questions will be put in the 'Q&A' section below (we'll add our answers there, too). Please let us know if you want to stay anonymous not (only if you contact us through DMs/PMs).

~
Q&A

Q's will be in GREEN!
A's will be in PURPLE.
Q's & A's
Nothing yet :)

Prince Ren
Level 49 : Master Mage