A More Personal Introduction

Belial6's Avatar Belial69/18/21 8:11 pm
9/18/2021 8:13 pm
FyreOmegaWolf11's Avatar FyreOmegaWolf11
I've been on PMC for months now and I've already made an introduction here that focuses mostly on the content I hope to provide …eventually. But I've just come back from one of my philosophical tangents and felt inspired to make this secondary introduction that no one will read because it's too long.

See one of the primary motivations for creating this account was to make a means by which I might find somebody who thinks on my wavelength. My experience so far has been that of someone who feels alienated by an evidently uncommon mind. I find myself living in a world of people who can live their entire lives without ever learning anything, or retaining any wisdom. Everywhere I look, I see only people I'll never be able to relate to because they can never seem to develop any healthy, effective coping strategies for the same Human condition we all suffer from. Whenever I try to branch out, I always seem to hit the same wall of chronically undeveloped people.

So if you've bothered to read this much, perhaps you would consider a few things for me: Do you believe that the sweeping majority of people don't really know themselves, or how or why they behave the way they do? Does it seem to you that these people are incapable of any kind of introspection, reflection, or contemplation? or self-awareness? That they constantly fall for the most common psychological traps and fallacies, again and again, without ever being able to recognize them or glean any kind of lesson from them? That they rely too much on moot, primitive instincts because they can't be bothered to ever consider a more intelligent approach? That they subconsciously take a cheap path of unanalyzed hedonism because they aren't equipped for the path of unmitigated truth and wisdom?

One such person may read this and agree (ironically), solely for the sake of their own self image, because they don't want to be associated with these kinds of foolish shortcomings, and not necessarily because they earnestly agree with my observation, and that they too have considered this for themselves already. This is exactly the phenomenon I'm talking about.

If you crave to meet someone who values mature responsiveness over vehement emotional reactions, who strives for "the middle path" over extremism, political or otherwise, and who emphasizes constant growth towards the most accurate and undistorted perspective of the world over cleaving to a static, dogmatic, obtuse, and consequently convenient ethos, and who has nothing against run-on sentences, well maybe let me know about it with an insightful response. Because if you are the kind of enlightened person I hope to encounter someday, who suffers from the frustration of unsatisfied fraternity, then I know precisely how deeply alone you must feel in a world like this.

Now I recognize that a forum for a game that attracts mostly children probably isn't the best place to look for friends of such insightful caliber. But.. man, there's gotta be someone out there somewhere who gets it. Anyway, time to sit back and watch all the replies roll in...
Belial6
Level 57 : Grandmaster Wizard