Is Underage users allowed on this website

Intellicraft_MC's Avatar Intellicraft_MC12/5/19 11:25 am history
3 emeralds 437 9
12/9/2019 12:36 am
Azie's Avatar Azie
I do have a question that I hope an admin or someone can answer. Are users that are under 13 allowed to use this website? There was a specific user, -snip- who admitted to being underage in chat. I would post the screenshot of the confession, but I can't for some reason. One of the other reasons why I am even thinking that the rule exists is because it works that way on FANDOM (Where users are banned if they are under 13), and am not sure if it is the same here.
Intellicraft_MC
Level 14 : Journeyman Dragon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/09/2019 12:36 amhistory
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Our privacy policy states no user under the age of 13-- or 16 in the EU-- may access our site or make an account, so no. In the future if you see someone who is stating they are underage, make a private ticket. Don't announce to the world who it is.

www.planetminecraft.com/tickets/new

https://www.planetminecraft.com/privacy_policy/
12/08/2019 6:02 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Artist
5teven
Perhaps next time use the report function if you see a underage user instead of calling them out in a forum text thread or atleast keep the name anonymous until a admin needs said information.

Especially because doing it this way you just exposed said user to more people who might target underage people to scam them etc.
12/08/2019 5:39 pmhistory
Level 31 : Artisan Engineer
garlicbreathinator
Most sites that do not allow users under the age of 13 do it because of COPPA, a law in the US that prevents sites from storing personal data of those under 13 (such as for targeted advertising) or exposing them to certain types of content (as well as similar laws in other countries). This site does not meet either of these criteria and therefore should allow users under the age of 13.
12/08/2019 2:58 pm
Intellicraft_MC
On FANDOM, you would think that rule is there because of content, but people have gotten banned on the MC wiki for being underage.
12/08/2019 12:51 pm
Level 49 : Master Nerd
FireBellFairy
I think it's allowed if the Parents or Guardians allow it. Aside from that, I believe the rule is there to give people an idea of what might be on the site, and that not everything will be appropriate for children under the age of 13... that means underaged children would need parental guidance.

I'm not 100% sure, though, so don't take my word for it.
12/08/2019 12:23 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Procrastinator
Kaos_Kitten
I don't think its actually in the rules, but the site is family friendly so its really hard to be sure if its allowed.
12/05/2019 1:56 pm
Intellicraft_MC
Well, I will be sure once an admin answers.
12/05/2019 1:36 pm
Level 73 : Legendary Modder
dreamCritting
I think they are allowed, this place is safer than most places on the internet.
12/05/2019 11:53 am
Level 32 : Artisan Dragonborn
TobySuren
I really don't know. Sorry
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome