Looking for kids to play minecraft with my 7 year old son

Blackb18c's Avatar Blackb18c12/3/16 6:29 pm
1 emeralds 387 6
12/3/2016 8:34 pm
bonnydust's Avatar bonnydust
Deleted
Blackb18c
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/03/2016 8:34 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer
bonnydust
Good luck it can be hard to find someone for them to connect with. We have a server and my kids play on it with us at times, but it would be too difficult for a 7 year old unfortunately.
12/03/2016 8:20 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
(not trying to judge your parenting skills here, plz read my entire post before blasting me for being mean)

Everyone and anyone should be welcome to become apart of a community and meet and play with people, however a child who is 7 years old should defiantly not be left to play alone for long periods of time, as a parent you should know exactly who your child is playing with, (which is why it gets a bit dodgy when it comes to asking randomly online) im not saying sit and play with him (although there is nothing against that )

I also suggest reaching out to your local community, im sure there are other like minded children in the community who would be willing to play with your son, friends at school? people in class? It is well known lots of people on the internet do not appreciate the presence on young children in online games, which is a shame because they are gamers as much as the rest of us

Turret 3471For internet safety's sake, I'm not exactly sure this is the safest place to look for people to play with your son,

pmc is a safe place(compared to lots of forums on the internet) it is family friendly and has an amazing community that cannot be passed out for many others

i would trust about 80% of people i meet on here,
if i were you i'd consider the users who have activity on the site, on their profile i.e have submissions/levels/forums posts and not some dodgy guy who joined two days ago and not done anything in the community, If people have made contributions to the community you have a better picture of what sort of person they are from how they interact with the community,

i'd suggest you look through each person's profile before letting them play with your child on minecraft.

@other posters in this site, not every person on the internet is a creepy guy pretending to be a child trying to kidnap other people, if this is your default reply to a thread like this you should really educate yourself about the internet and not be so paranoid when talking to people online, it is common sense that you dont hand out personal details online, this means you wont be taken by the scary man behind the screen
as i said before anyone is safe, but because of the child's age i suggest the parent monitors who the child plays with, i also suggest the parent talks to the players who want to play/parents of the players to obtain a mutual agreement/formal understanding and greeting.
12/03/2016 7:16 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Network
Jaht
This might be a pretty great place to in my opinion, however there is still no gurantee. I myself could, being an 11 year old.
Also, since he is now online, there are some things you should take in mind. Some servers allow the usage of bad words. If thats a server he comes on, there is a way to turn off ability to see chat.
12/03/2016 7:14 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Blackb18c
Ok thanks.
12/03/2016 6:53 pm
Level 1 : New Network
NuclearMC Team
My suggestion is to maybe get someone in real life to play the game with him. Or make sure you find someone who is friendly enough and maybe talk with them a bit
12/03/2016 6:36 pm
Level 25 : Expert Musician
Turret 3471
For internet safety's sake, I'm not exactly sure this is the safest place to look for people to play with your son, or even anywhere else online. There are tons of people out there, probably even on this site, who can pretend to be 7, even though in real life they're a full grown adult. This has been taught to me almost my whole life. My suggestion would probably be, if any of your son's friends have a Wii U as well, ask them or their parents if they play Minecraft on that system.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome