New and no idea

Bert3000's Avatar Bert30002/11/21 2:03 pm
2/12/2021 6:12 am
dreamCritting's Avatar dreamCritting
Hi, my son and I are interested in joining realms to play minecraft with other people. Never done it before so not sure how this works. Could anyone help us get started please!? Thanks in advsncev
Bert3000
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

CillipC4
02/11/2021 2:08 pm
I've never personally played realms but I know people who have and from what I understand it's essentially a server that is ran by Minecraft. Unlike servers you have to be invited to one or make one and invite others. Hope this helps
Bert3000
02/11/2021 2:26 pm
Thank you. That's good to know.

So we don't know anyone else who plays minecrsft.

Are we better just playing on servers or is there a forum where people post their realms for other people to join?
dreamCritting
02/12/2021 6:12 am
Level 73 : Legendary Modder
There is a forum where people post realms for people to join: https://www.planetminecraft.com/forums/minecraft/servers/joinable-minecraft-realm-with-co-559977/ Although I don't know if any of the ones there are good.

There's also a list of servers here: https://www.planetminecraft.com/servers/ those usually have more description than the ones on the realms forum so it should be easier to find which ones are good.
J o e
02/11/2021 2:44 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Artist
Since you don't know anyone else who plays Minecraft, it would be just you two if you purchase a "realm". This is not necessary if you are in the same house. If you escape into the game menu, you can open your world to LAN and your son can connect (or vice versa, depending on whose computer is stronger or whose world is better).

But if you want to play with more people, there are servers here and on other sites. The caveat here is most servers pack on many mods to attract more users, the end result being that you're no longer playing vanilla minecraft. It can get very obnoxious. My advice if you go this route is to find a simple server with basic grief protection.

Also, welcome to PMC!
CillipC4
02/11/2021 2:37 pm
If you just want to play with other people and you don't really care who, servers are the better option because there are tons of them. There is a whole section in PMC dedicated to servers. If you only want to play with people you know then you might go witj realms because no one can randomly join.
Bert3000
02/11/2021 2:54 pm
That's cool thank you
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome