Fantasy Server Recruitment

MaskedMisfit's Avatar MaskedMisfit2/20/21 11:16 pm
4/30/2021 10:20 pm
Gamenight999474's Avatar Gamenight999474
Hello! My name is Masked Misfit and I've been planning on releasing a brand new server, but I could use some help!

Mystic Dawn is a Fantasy RPG Adventure Map that also implements Towny and Survival Aspects.

Currently as me and my partners are in our planning stage, we are going to soon be in need of much help.

Unfortunately because our funds will be going to Hosting, a Custom Map, and Advertising. We cannot pay, at the moment.

Our plan is to use the donations we make to put back into the server and then pay the staff with the remaining amount based off of the work they contribute.

We are looking for the following:

Plugin Makers

Experienced Builders

3D Model Makers

MagicSpells Makers (the plugin MagicSpells by nosavin)

Quest Writers

Lore Writers

Please feel free to add me as a friend on discord (so I can receive your messages) with any questions regarding recruitment or more.

MaskedMisfit#4720

If you made it this far. Thank you for your time.
MaskedMisfit
Level 4 : Apprentice Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/29/2021 10:02 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Network
Gamenight999474
You won’t get many players. Nobody who has experience will work for “a spoil of my future riches, divided by how hard you work” because 90% of servers don’t get profit in the end and it becomes this endless lop and if you stop, then you get a very little share of the very little money the server gains. Most servers never get off the ground. If you want to go all in, go all in. If you can’t hire staff, mods, builders, updates, Even bug fixing (witch is HUGE and people will notice it) then mabie you should reconsider. I am not even getting to the monthly website expenses, discord expenses extra. Also in your first month expect to get very few players, then work your way up. No server gets more than 45 people on opening day, let alone consident players. And if you don’t have top of the line all fits together builds, balanced quests, websites, lore that is implemented well, discord space, esay donations, ranks, admins (hired and on ___ munties garented), mods, updates, guides, 10+ pages of rules and guidelines, and lots of custom stuff, then you will not compete with the servers that have all of that. Nobody will want to play. Lore is writing pages but the problem is the lore has to basically be the last one AND takes time to implement. Questing actually isn’t very hard if you have the loot and opponent stuff set up. 3D model making is HARD (at least for me, I could just suck) and custom 3D models will cost you. Are you sure you want custom plug-in makers? Most things you can get normally and custom plug-ins again will cost you because it is only used 1nce and takes just as long as one that every other one that many people buy. The builder team would not actually be that hard to find or build, but the hard part is adapting the builds to your need. Whenever you want to implement lore or questing, or pretty much anything else you just have to do it yourself or deal with it.
Point: creating a server that dose well and is finically successful (or at least you don’t lose too much money) you need to put money into A LOT of areas. If you don’t have the funds to do that stop. I didn’t cover half of the things you need and I assume that you are already ridiculously over budget by doing all that I said. That’s why poeple don’t fall for (whether you meant it or not) the “Splitting of future riches compared to everyone else’s work” ploy.
04/29/2021 10:04 pm
Gamenight999474
No offense
04/30/2021 8:27 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Crafter
MaskedMisfit
or you can just piss off about it and let people do as they wish? its not hard to not be nice you took what 15 minutes out of your day just to be rude to another person online just because you want to act like you know everything?
04/30/2021 10:20 pmhistory
Gamenight999474
1. It didn’t take me 15 minutes. I write a lot because my level PMC is low so I only get 20 chats a day so I make them longish
2. I never said anything like not letting them do as they want. By all means they could get 500 hires today. I am just pointing out the statistics. It was not to bring them down, that’s why I said “no offense” (if you want to know what I mean look at my forum on it)
3. I was using my knowledge witch has been hard gain through 3 years of building servers, so I do have the knowledge to give
4. They specifically said:”I could use some help!” so that is my help. I might not be able to physically build the server, but advice can be more influential.
Conclusion: My advice was that:”you need to put money into A LOT of areas. If you don’t have the funds to do that stop.” and “That’s why poeple don’t fall for (whether you meant it or not) the “Splitting of future riches compared to everyone else’s work” ploy.” I was pointing out 2 yep only 2 points. I just wanted to put a lot of reasoning and evidence to help stop them from falling into the pit that I have seen many servers fall through. I am acting like I know how money should be regelated because I have created co managed and been admin on dozens of server and for 3 years. The point was to help them, even if that means stopping them. I meant no offense. I don’t know where you get that but I will point out some things:
1. Nobody who has experience will work for “a spoil of my future riches, divided by how hard you work“ —————is a hyperbole, people will but not as many or as high quality as you need.
2. if you don’t have top of the line all fits together builds, balanced quests, websites, lore that is implemented well, discord space, esay donations, ranks, admins (hired and on ___ munties garented), mods, updates, guides, 10+ pages of rules and guidelines, and lots of custom stuff, then you will not compete with the servers that have all of that.“ —————-that is true. The big server start with all of that and every time someone purchases their rank that is just that much more money you get to spend. (Bedrock examples) Why would you go mob arena from Mineplex if you can just go to lifeboat and get much more better balanced upgrades and custom mobs? Why would you go to a prison server with 5 mines and 2 unike pixs, if you can just go to Minevile and get 24+ mines and 10+ custom pixs? You need at least a start what other servers have mastered to compete. It might be harsh, but it’s life and business
3. Nobody will want to play ————— again hyperbole, you just won’t get enough to stay in businesses.
4. If you don’t have the funds to do that stop —————- I am not trying to tell them what to do, I am just giving advice. If you can’t create a server that can compete it most likely won’t be a good investment
5. I assume that you are already ridiculously over budget by doing all that I said ————— the key word is assume they said:”Unfortunately because our funds will be going to Hosting, a Custom Map, and Advertising. We cannot pay, at the moment.” made me think this they could not make the usual features thus I tried to convince them that they didn’t have the necessary funds because of how much they still have to pay for. Also ridiculously is a hyperbole again.
Somthing I found while writing about pissing people off I found that most of what I think you mean is just hyperboles and lack of ethical knowledge/background on me. Know I hope you understand better.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome