Let me review your submissions (Read for more info)

MusaTheLegend's Avatar MusaTheLegend9/13/13 9:47 pm
9/18/2013 7:40 am
Mayoki_3's Avatar Mayoki_3
Hello, lately I've been giving many people feedback on their submissions. This includes skins, projects and texture packs. So I decided I'll make a thread requesting you to let me review your submissions.

I will only review the following:
- Skins
- Projects (Builds)

~ I will not be reviewing servers, texture/resource packs, mods, or blogs. ~

These reviews will not be video reviews, but rather me TELLING you what you my feedback.
Example:
~ Bob posts skin ~
- Bob asks me to review his skin.
~ I look at the skin ~
- I give Bob feedback on his skin ~

Let's say I find that his skin lacks detail (Shading, colors, etc). I will say:
"Bob, your skin is good, but there are some parts on it which you can improve on. This includes your shading. If you are not already, try making a palette and use those. In order to make a palette, you must get some colors. I suggest looking at some tutorials for those. Good luck and keep up the good work!"
- Musa
MusaTheLegend
Retired Moderator
Level 56 : Grandmaster Necromancer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/18/2013 7:40 am
Level 34 : Artisan Artist
Mayoki_3
can you gimme feedback?
09/18/2013 7:11 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Baconator
monkeyfunk26
Hello, I've looked at your builds, and might I say, well done sir. I would appreciate some feedback regarding my texture pack and my personal skin. Thanks!

Texture Pack:
http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_ ... elperfect/

Skin:
http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/monkey-2481712/

EDIT: My bad. I was wondering how I got to this thread (it's late). You've already looked at my texture pack xD. But still, some more in-depth feedback = yay.
09/17/2013 3:51 pm
MusaTheLegend
Bump.
09/15/2013 10:12 am
Level 45 : Master Nether Knight
Drakeh
Could you review my skins? Criticism would help me greatly (:
09/15/2013 10:27 am
MusaTheLegend
Sure.
Click to reveal
I've looked at your skins. I've gotta say, I love the Trainer Red skin. I like your derp skins too, they look great! If you aren't already, try hue shifting your colors. There are also some great tutorials on how to do that. Trust me, hue shifting makes the skin look 100% better.
09/15/2013 9:51 am
MusaTheLegend
Bump.
09/14/2013 12:26 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Network
SkinSkyrim
MusaTheLegend
SkinSkyrimWell it may turn out bad or good but it's my most popular skin here goes nuthin http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/t-s ... y-2437523/

Okay, here:
Click to reveal
It's a fairly simply skin. A boy with a T-Shirt and some pants. Try to be more creative. As for your shading, don't shade gradient style. What that means is don't go dark on the bottom and lighter one shade each time you go up. It makes it look lazy and not too good. I suggest looking at some shading tutorials. One of my favourites and which I highly recommend is Teddy's shading tutorial. It helped me back when I first started skinning.
Thanks i just got done making an edward skin cuz i was bored o.o
09/14/2013 11:56 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Network
SkinSkyrim
Well it may turn out bad or good but it's my most popular skin here goes nuthin http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/t-s ... y-2437523/
09/14/2013 12:02 pm
MusaTheLegend
Okay, here:
Click to reveal
It's a fairly simply skin. A boy with a T-Shirt and some pants. Try to be more creative. As for your shading, don't shade gradient style. What that means is don't go dark on the bottom and lighter one shade each time you go up. It makes it look lazy and not too good. I suggest looking at some shading tutorials. One of my favourites and which I highly recommend is Teddy's shading tutorial. It helped me back when I first started skinning. :)
09/14/2013 1:21 am
MusaTheLegend
icedragon926
MusaTheLegend
icedragon926-Too many quotes-

Thanks. I would have made the build bigger, but I ran out of time so I couldn't And I had a half-made castle, only the front walls, and a leafless tree, but also didn't ave enough time to implement it into my build.

Oh, I see.
09/14/2013 1:14 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Sus
shinadafan2012
09/14/2013 1:20 am
MusaTheLegend
Click to reveal
I LOVE this skin! Other than it being one of my favourite video game characters, the colors and the shading is fantastic. I love his eyes, how you made them look cartoony. I also loved how you used the hat layer for his head hair and his ears. It looks great. Overall, the skin is great; The colors, the shading, everything. Awesome job.
09/14/2013 1:28 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Sus
shinadafan2012
09/14/2013 1:11 am
Level 49 : Master Blob
icedragon926
09/14/2013 1:17 am
MusaTheLegend
Here it is:
Click to reveal
Hello I've already seen this too! But I love this entry. I like all of the detail you put into each structure in this build. The flying ship/blimp thing is fantastic. I love your screenshots, too Overall: It's pretty good, but I would improve on making the whole build bigger. It's rather small. I also recommend making some "big" builds, aka, higher than 20 block builds which will surpass your small houses and/or structures. 8.5/10
09/14/2013 1:19 am
Level 49 : Master Blob
icedragon926
Thanks. I would have made the build bigger, but I ran out of time so I couldn't And I had a half-made castle, only the front walls, and a leafless tree, but also didn't ave enough time to implement it into my build.
09/13/2013 11:58 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Demolitionist
dbran1
np thanks for the feed bk i appreashate it ;] the walls are been improved atm im just experimenting with some design idears for it plus iv added some new towers to the build to help break up the flatness of the walls in the next update. as for the lava it were mainly used for lighting but il look into it np ;] the lava lakes underground will change but
iv still got some builds to add to them. all in all good feed back iv been thinking the same things myself about the project ;] the chalange now is what im going to do to improve them areas lol. thanks ;]
09/14/2013 12:03 am
MusaTheLegend
I'm glad I could help. Good luck on your updates!
09/13/2013 11:40 pm
MusaTheLegend
dbran1www.planetminecraft.com/project/castle-of-omg-1711718/ if you want to have a look i could do with some idears for improvements have fun ;]

I've already had a look before, but I'll be more than happy to review it.
Here goes:
Click to reveal
I was never really a big fan of castles, but this one is good. The castle outside walls are really bare. They are just straight lines (then curved at the edges) with next to no depth. They are too flat, some more depth on the walls would be good. I understand they are really big walls and its hard and will take some time, but that's whats in good builds. Good depth and detail. The interior is very good. I dislike all of the lava in the build, though. Too much lava for me to like :C Overall, great job! Just the walls, meh.

:3
09/13/2013 11:10 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Demolitionist
dbran1
http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/ ... g-1711718/ if you want to have a look i could do with some idears for improvements have fun ;]
09/13/2013 10:01 pm
Level 22 : Expert Pixel Painter
munchiesyum
I would ask you to check out my interviews because some construtive criticism might be nice because with most it's either "I likes it!" "I dislikes it" (and why). Otherwise maybe go check out stocking's skins they're amazing!
09/13/2013 11:00 pm
MusaTheLegend
As I said, I don't review blogs. But... why not since it'll be the first one.
Here we go:
Click to reveal
Your questions are good. Your interviews are of good length. You have interviewed pretty good people, I like that. Try not to add a bunch of random questions at the end. 1 random is enough, in my opinion. Example: (Taken from your Interview with Pentakill... "What is your favourite type of cereal to eat?", "What is your favourite type of cereal to eat?", and "What is your computer desktop image?" I would usually stay away from those and be more on-topic and ask questions that are related to the person and why you are interviewing them. Random life questions aren't that fun sometimes. So overall, good job with your interviews, maybe *cough* I *cough* could be interviewed next. *cough*
09/14/2013 8:37 am
Level 22 : Expert Pixel Painter
munchiesyum
XD I might interview you next sure. I've got about 4 people I'm making questions for right now then I can get round to you. Just PM me to remind me
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome