Need help with my map's description.

Casvegas's Avatar Casvegas11/23/23 12:21 pm history
3 emeralds 117 2
11/25/2023 10:11 am
Casvegas's Avatar Casvegas
Good evening, I finished making my map couple of days ago and uploaded It on planet mc, It's called Spectre's Cove. The map's downloads are not nearly as many as the views, and I don't believe Its the images that is the problem. I think the problem is the description. If anyone has the time, could you please read It and give me an honest opinion, and specifically what you don't like, what you do not find "attractive".
Thanks in advance, Caswell(& Casvegas)

www.planetminecraft.com/project/spectre-s-cove/
Casvegas
Level 31 : Artisan Chef

Create an account or sign in to comment.

ScotsMiser
11/24/2023 3:57 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Miner
history
I'd cut the 1st paragraph; uncharted islands strike me as trite, the set-up doesn't seem needed, and circa half your potential audience will be a wife rather than have one…

You might add a bit more about the environment (the 2nd pic looks like a ferris wheel and a rollercoaster… is there an amusement park area?) as teasers…

At present you're at 49/533 (8/105 for today) or ~9.19% (~7.6% for today). If one considers a map post as marketing a product and a DL a 'sale' this would be considered a strong conversion rate. [​2-3% on cold calls – higher with more targeted marketing – was considered typical the last time I had cause to look at the numbers.]

I agree with you about the images, the five strike me as an intriguing set.
Casvegas
11/25/2023 10:11 am
Level 31 : Artisan Chef
Thank you for your assistance! I maxxed out the number of photos to 20 and polished the description a little more. Well PMC cempletely butchers the image quality everytime but whatever.

I didn't think that the 1st paragraph would be off putting though. I'll see what I can for improvements.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome