Tiny Castles - a build contest

DinowCookie's Avatar DinowCookie7/16/18 4:20 pm history
17 emeralds 2.5k 35
8/12/2018 10:49 am
Ivain's Avatar Ivain
** Contest ended, view winners! **

Welcome to the Tiny Castles build contest! This build contest is meant to be fun for any skill level builder. The title kind of speaks for itself; entries in this contest are suppose to be small castles, built within a maximum size of 64 square blocks!

Guidelines

• Your castle must be a maximum of 64 blocks wide and 64 blocks deep. There's no height limit but please do try and keep your castle proportional.
  • Your castle can be built in any style, be it medieval, fantasy or something completely different! As long as we can tell that it's a castle.
  • Your castle can be built in any version of Minecraft, as long as it's vanilla Minecraft. No functional mods are allowed to be used. You are allowed to use WorldEdit, though.
  • Submit your entry as a project to PMC. Your submission must include at least 1 screenshot of the castle in the default Minecraft texture pack and at least enough screenshots to show the most important aspects of your build.
  • Schematics or world-saves aren't mandatory but it'd be great if you would add one!
  • One entry per participant is allowed. Your entry must be newly made for this contest. You can update your entry as much as you want before the deadline. Judges are allowed to take part for fun, but they cannot place as winners.
  • To submit your entry, post a link to it in the comments to this forum thread. Please add "DCtinycastle" as a tag to your submission.

Deadline

The deadline of this contest is August 12, 2018

Judging

The entries will be judged by experienced builder and contest judge Cib and castle building enthusiast SUPERIONtheknight! (Thanks guys!)

The smaller you manage to make a full-fledged castle, the better! Other than how small you managed to build it, the originality of your concept and quality and detail in your castle are taken into account. Good luck! :D

Prizes

A top-3 best entries will be chosen. This contest is organized for the fun of it, so the most important prize will be the honor of winning.

The winners will be featured in a dedicated forum post and in a custom widget on my (DinowCookie) profile. Each winner will receive a special badge. Each participant will receive a participation badge.

All winners (top-3) will receive an awesome looking render of their build made by Indraft! Click this link to view examples of their renders. In order to receive this prize you must have a schematic (preferred) or world-save available of your build.

For the fist place winner, there's the optional prize to request a skin to be made by me (DinowCookie).

Prizes may be added to before the deadline.

DinowCookie
Retired Moderator
Level 70 : Legendary Dinosaur

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Wildflowers
08/12/2018 10:16 am
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Pokemon
I finally finished my entry! https://www.planetminecraft.com/project/queen-of-hearts-castle-4113468/ sorry it took me so long haha
DinowCookie
08/12/2018 10:20 am
Thank you :D I am glad you were able to finish your entry in time!
hshdje72626
08/08/2018 11:51 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Archer
I would enter, but
1. I’m not that good at building and I have no chance against these amazing builders! :c
and
2. I don’t get how to work the project posts, it’s too complicated
DinowCookie
08/08/2018 11:55 am
You can join in just for the fun of it :D building a castle is great fun right?
If you want help uploading your project, just send me a PM and I'd be happy to explain anything to you that you don't know how to do. ^_^
aaronjnc builds
08/01/2018 8:22 pm
Level 24 : Expert Architect
history
Tower Castle - Tiny Castle
This is my entry for the contest, it's okay that the majority of pictures are using a different texture pack right? (I have one at the end with the default)
DinowCookie
08/01/2018 11:55 pm
Thank you for your entry! Yes, only 1 screenshot in the default pack is required. For the other images you can use a pack of choice.
Tizona
07/30/2018 9:18 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Pirate
Sunshine Castle - Tiny Castle 64x64 contest entry
I would also like to join in. ^^ Exactly 64x64x64 and it's as orange/yellow as sun right now in Europe. So hot right now...
DinowCookie
07/30/2018 9:24 am
Thank you :D your entry surely does have a sunny feel to it ^_^
knetterzak
07/29/2018 12:52 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Waffle
Hey Dinow,

Your contest sounds really nice; it managed to inspire me to make something in single player again after several years. You can find my submission Here.

- Knet
DinowCookie
07/29/2018 1:18 pm
Hey, Knet (interesting name hehe) :D

Thank you for your entry! I am happy that my contest was able to inspire you to have a go at building again, that's exactly what I was hoping to achieve with hosting this contest. ^_^

I hope any future contests will inspire you as well, would be nice to see you continue to submit your projects to PMC. :)
knetterzak
07/29/2018 5:23 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Waffle
I always like to participate in contests, they give me a goal to achieve instead of just going at without direction. My name must sound very weird indeed, haha. Over 15 years ago I named a plushy dog knetterak and I've been using that name all over the internet; for some reason it never seems to be taken. :)
- Knet
DinowCookie
07/29/2018 5:49 pm
Hehe it's even an odd name for a plushie dog, not surprised it is always available for you to use. Makes for good giggles. I've come across various funny Dutch usernames on PMC :P
Livelier_Vovalium
07/25/2018 4:45 am
Level 33 : Artisan Procrastinator
So my castle is... modular. One module is 6x6 blocks. And details on sides require 5 more. So if I go for 10 modules I get.. 65 blocks. Sad day
Leonarbre
07/21/2018 4:14 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Technomancer
https://www.planetminecraft.com/project/tiny-castle-64x64-entry-contest/ hey this is my entry, I did not build castle for a long time so be merciful :D have fun
DinowCookie
07/21/2018 5:13 pm
Thank you for your entry! :D
Ivain
07/18/2018 6:43 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Interesting, I think I'll give it a shot if I can.
Ivain
08/12/2018 10:49 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Sadly, lots of IRL shit got in the way, so no tiny castle from me. Perhaps I'll publish something like it in the next month or so.
DinowCookie
07/18/2018 7:03 am
Would be awesome ^_^ thanks for taking interest!
Antiquez
07/17/2018 12:28 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Artist
This sounds interesting but Im not going to join this time around..

id love to be a judge tho that wont happen...

I'd love to see all the entries though! Good luck everyone!
Cib
07/18/2018 12:57 am
Level 48 : Master Button Pusher
If you're interested in becoming a judge, contact DinowCookie via PM. Include projects and builds you're working on or have completed for extra credibility.
Evmanz
07/17/2018 12:19 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
I might be joining this, hopefully I will have time to get an entry in a week or so :D
DinowCookie
07/17/2018 7:16 pm
Would be great to see an entry from you :D
Indraft
07/17/2018 4:39 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Cowboy
64x64 is fairly size-y uwu

expect an entry from me in the coming week :)
DinowCookie
07/17/2018 5:31 am
history
Yes I know it's still small and not tiny per say. But I wanted this contest to be accessible to beginner builders as well, and thus allow a bit more freedom. ^_^

The idea is mainly so that no-one has to compete against massive castle builds by worldedit and landscaping experts.

And like the main post states, the smaller the better :D
LimeInABush
07/17/2018 3:58 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Narwhal
Can I join?
DinowCookie
07/17/2018 5:28 am
Of course you can :D please do!
Livelier_Vovalium
07/17/2018 2:49 am
Oh, this contest is about to get red hot. Count me in

Speaking of hot, any scenery requrements? Should it be just a tile in the air, or among the hills?
DinowCookie
07/17/2018 5:28 am
Scenery has no requirements. You can make a garden to your castle, build it on a hill or simply place it on flatland. ^_^
Livelier_Vovalium
07/18/2018 8:21 pm
I really hope that what I have now won't grow out of control... Let's pray it fits.
morningblues
07/16/2018 6:57 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Procrastinator
I love building castles and this seems fun :3 I might join but no promises x3
DinowCookie
07/16/2018 7:02 pm
Would be great to see an entry from you :D
SeanDOT
07/16/2018 5:11 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Prince
Would a manor Count? I mean it looks like a castle but in its really meant for a group of royal siblings living in a manor meant for nobility so its a manor just with royalty living in it
DinowCookie
07/16/2018 5:17 pm
I'll consult the judges and let you know as soon as I can. :)
SeanDOT
07/16/2018 5:27 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Prince
Alrighty thank ya
DinowCookie
07/16/2018 9:05 pm
Both of the judges agree that, mainly because a castle is built with defense in mind and a manor is not, a manor will not be accepted in this contest. Sorry!

Don't be discouraged to still post a manor build to PMC though! And maybe you could also build a castle for this contest. Double the fun? :D
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome