Minecraft server

AGTRigorMortis's Avatar AGTRigorMortis11/14/21 8:19 am
1 emeralds 80
I'm not sure what to make of it and I am entirely open to suggestion here

I am well aware that Java edition of Minecraft is CPU heavy, and especially is intensive on one core, but offloads certain tasks to other ones.

But what about bedrock edition? would the server be able to take advantage of more than 2 cores?

I know the rule of the thumb here, is stronger core performance is much more important than throwing more cores at it, the technology of the processor itself is also much more important than simply its clock speed. Having a new processor is also a lot more secure as well, because it has less vulnerabilities than older CPU's do, old gen Intel processors have been infamous for their Meltdown and Spectre vulnerabilities.

But that's enough about that, I've heard it being discussed on the Techquickie Youtube channel before.

I will be honest, and say this, if bedrock edition doesn't take full advantage of 4 cores, then it's kinda a waste if you ask me. There's probably not a lot they can do about it since designing an app to be multithreaded is very hard, but if possible it makes sense to at least allow chunk loading to be offloaded to a 4th core or more in some cases where a server has a lot of players on it. It's bad enough that redstone builds can eat up a lot of CPU cycles on its own, and mob AI.
AGTRigorMortis
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner