Need help with mods for Wii U

IamaMom's Avatar IamaMom1/13/19 8:22 pm
2 emeralds 8.2k 6
1/14/2019 11:00 am
IamaMom's Avatar IamaMom
I am a mom who is clueless to mods. My son would like to put mods on Minecraft on the Wii U. Is this possible? I have read that you can put mods on an SD card and then put them on the Wii U. Anyone know? Thanks
IamaMom
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/14/2019 11:00 am
Level 1 : New Miner
IamaMom
Thank you so much everyone!
01/14/2019 5:51 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Pokemon
Noibat
as others said, it's possible, but it's not recommended if you're unsure on what you're doing, and just in general.
as others also have said, PC is better/made for modding.
best of luck to you, and your son.
01/14/2019 5:41 am
Level 40 : Master Droid
Scott
Modding onto the Wii U is a pretty complicated task. It also breaks the warranty, and there is a chance of bricking the machine in the process.

Modding for Minecraft is mostly on the Java Edition (PC/Mac). They're super easy to install on there with Forge, and there are also premade "modpacks" that mean you just have to click on button and everything is installed and ready to play (Tekkit, etc).

Without prior Nintendo modding experience, I do not recommend attempting to modify the system.
01/14/2019 2:20 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
I'd recommend you buy your son the Java edition (minecraft for PC) instead. If you want Minecraft mods to be on the Wii U, you'll have to homebrew it which is really not recommended at all.

If he wants to play with lots of mods on Minecraft - Buy the Java Edition and then download Tekkit or Forge. With Tekkit you don't have to download any mods, however you can't choose which mods are activated. With Forge you have to download the mods yourself, but you can choose at free will.
01/13/2019 9:40 pm
Level 27 : Expert Skinner
ImYourEnder
I'm not sure how to do it, but I know you'll have to hack it and put Homebrew on it which will ruin the warranty and require you to factory reset it incase it breaks, but you should go to youtube and find a tutorial on how to put Homebrew on your son's Wii U and then find a tutorial on how to install the mods onto the SD card and then the Wii U
01/13/2019 10:17 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
this, also from what I heard any system running nonofficial firmware, (homebrew) will sooner or later get banned from online play unless you turn off a bunch of stuff in the settings and even then it's not guaranteed to be safe, and its always best to make sure you do a lot of research when doing anything like that if you care about the device
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome