Blockbench Modded Entities

BobbyLin's Avatar BobbyLin11/21/21 12:07 am
12/9/2021 2:40 am
__SK__'s Avatar __SK__
Hello. So I've recently gotten interested in texturing minecraft mobs. So far, I only know how to make custom textures. I was wondering how I can re-texture the mobs from mods. For example, there is an archeologist villager in the mod called Prehistoric Fauna. The archeologist villager has a pair of glasses and I am really picky when it comes to the appearance of villagers and I want to get rid of the glasses. So does anyone know how I can edit the villager to get rid of the glasses in Blockbench? I clicked "Modded Entities" in Blockbench, but I have no clue what to do next. I was thinking of importing the texture layout of the archaeologist villager into Blockbench and getting rid of the glasses, but unfortunately, I do not know how I can get the texture layout. Your help will be highly appreciated. :)
BobbyLin
Level 14 : Journeyman Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/24/2021 9:24 am
Level 48 : Master Waffle
cottpro
download the mod then go to the texture files then drag the archeologist villager texture to what ever texture editor you use
11/24/2021 10:54 am
BobbyLin
I've already re-textured it successfully. But thanks for the comment. ;)
11/21/2021 3:57 amhistory
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Senpai
YokaiS
I'd like to let you know about Animated Java. Not exactly related to mods because the models can be shown in vanilla, but currently a Blockbench plugin is being developed called Animated Java, which converts models and animations into a datapack using armor stands, in order for people to add highly complex models into the game. It's going to be released this December, so if you're interested I highly suggest you stay up to date on it by being in their official discord server https://discord.gg/jFgY4PXZfp

In the meantime without AJ, I suggest you look into making custom item models using the CustomModelData nbt. No mods required, you can just make a Java Block/Item model, export the model you made into a resourcepack, and some other things, and boom, you have it in-game. This is what I did to make a few of my custom mobs. The downside is that there's a very strict rotation limit for each individual cube, and a limit for the size of the model

I can't help you with actual modded entities because I don't have experience in it, though, sorry! I suggest you look up some tutorials, they've helped me out on a lot of things and I'm sure it'll help you too. If you can't find any, joining a community on Discord like the Minecraft Commands server would likely give you reliable answers.
11/21/2021 8:46 am
BobbyLin
Thanks! I'll try what you said! ;)
11/21/2021 12:50 amhistory
Level 55 : Grandmaster Wizard
__SK__
Happy to see you are interested in learning new stuff. As per my experience, Modded entities are for custom mobs in mods. If you want to just change how the entity apperance, I recommend thinking of CEM. Go to Blockbench >> CEM Template model, search for villager, do your magic, save the texture and then export as Optifine JEM. Of course, you will need optifine to see/show your custom entity.

This video is helpful, many others can be better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZvWZnnbLJU
Or just search for: optifine cem tutorial

Now, that is unmodded minecraft, when you make a resourcepack for a mod you will need to stay on the paths of that mod.
Example:
For unmodded Minecraft is ... assets\minecraft\textures\entity and your textures are there.
Modded Minecraft, exclusively for Prehistoric Fauna ... assets\prehistoricfauna\textures\entity and whatever that person/group did.

Meaning that your folder structure changes for that mod, and now the optifine folder with all the perks has to be within Prehistoric Fauna path
Example: but in reality it has to be exactly there
assets\prehistoricfauna\optifine\ cem structure

I have never tried it on a mod.

reference: (be advised ... it is a lot)
https://github.com/sp614x/optifine/blob/master/OptiFineDoc/doc/cem_model.txt

Once you learn how to do it ... it will be easier and fun.
11/21/2021 1:23 amhistory
BobbyLin
So does my file have to be a jem. file or a jpm. file under the Appdata / Roaming / minecraft / resourcepacks /assets / minecraft / optifine / cem? So I do not want to make a re-texture of a mob, I just want to make a another spawn egg with the tropical fish I modeled in Blockbench.
11/21/2021 3:20 amhistory
__SK__
For what I know, it has to be *jem. And, this is differnet of what you initially asked. If you want to make a spawn egg and add a tropical fish model, then that is more like a mod. Totally different.
11/21/2021 3:13 am
__SK__
My apologies, that is how the resource pack should be done.

Example
Custom name for your resource pack\assets\prehistoricfauna\optifine\ all the cem stuff goes here

The texture pack goes in the resourcepacks folder ... your drive:\Users\your user\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\resourcepacks or just pause your game, click on resource pack, then click on open pack folder. Here is where every resource pack goes.
To get a resource pack template, go to:
your drive:\Users\your user\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\versions\1.16.5(or same as Prehistoric Fauna mod uses) or just pause your game, click on resource pack, click on open pack folder, one folder up, open versions folder, then open 1.16.5 folder. Now copy DO NOT CUT, just copy the 1.16.5.jar file, paste it in a folder in your desktop or any folder easy to access. Unzip it, once done you will have lots of files and folder.

This time you will only need:

assets (it is a folder)
pack.png (it is a file)
pack.mcdata (it is a file)

You can delete everything else. Once done, go in the assets folder and delete the realms folder. Now you have a texture or resource pack template for unmodded minecraft. FIRST - SAVE A SEPARATE COPY

Now ... Practice with that for a while, until you get a better understanding of how it works. But if you want to change right away Prehistoric Fauna textures, do the same ... but to their *.jar file,

Hope it helps.
11/21/2021 3:27 am
BobbyLin
Hello. So when you said "Unzip it" do you mean to extract the files? My apologies, I'm just an idiot around computers.
11/21/2021 3:29 amhistory
__SK__
It is a learning experience, yes unzip it, or extract it is the same. Old habits.
11/21/2021 8:49 amhistory
BobbyLin
Thanks for the videos you posted. It really helps. Thank u! ;) Also I do not know what I'm doing wrong. So I want to get rid of the fletcher's hat. First, I went to .minecraft/resourcepacks/assets/minecraft/textures/entity/villager/profession and I would copy, paste into a file I made for Blockbench. Then I would import the png file into Blockbench. In Blockbench, I would erase the hat. Then I would save the new fletcher png file with the hat removed and then place it back in the .minecraft/resourcepacks/assets/minecraft/textures/entity/villager/profession folder. After that I would also put the jem file in the .minecraft/resourcepacks/assets/minecraft/optifine/cem folder along with the same png file. When I went into the game the fletcher still had his hat. Idk what I did wrong. Can you please help? Your help would be highly appreciated. ;)
11/21/2021 12:33 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Technomancer
mythicaldream69
I would love to help, but I also don't know
11/21/2021 1:23 am
BobbyLin
Thanks for the reply! :)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com