Need help publishing map {SOLVED}done_outline

Almond Cheese12/27/20 5:00 am
12/27/2020 7:17 am
Gummix3
Lately i made mount everest in minecraft and i want to post the map but i can't because the file is larger then 15 MB . I tried making the file smaller but it didn't work .

Any ideas ?
Posted by avatar
Almond Cheese
Level 39 : Artisan Blockhead

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/27/2020 7:17 am
Level 27 : Expert Engineer
Gummix3
Gummix3 avatar
Like EndPlayz said , just make an account on Dropbox ,Mediafire or any other site that helps you upload files onto the web. Then by using the link just add it. I've never used the built in PMC world map option. This is a better way , and if you are planning to upload more i suggest you get into the habit of uploading the map there. Some of my projects are over 130+mbs there would be no way to upload them trough the world download.
12/27/2020 5:49 am
Level 30 : Artisan Professor
EndPlayz
EndPlayz avatar
The way I got around the filesize constraint in my most recent maps is using a Dropbox download link. It's a bit more complicated to use but filesize is no problem.

So you first make a Dropbox account (I advise making it on a new mail special for build projects, because of privacy reasons). It can just be a free account, I personally haven't experienced any problems yet. Then you upload the world save to Dropbox, and share it using a link. Also make sure it's the whole worldfile you're sharing and not the individual files directly below the world file. It happened the first time to me lol. Then copy-paste the link into the external download box in the map upload and you're done!

You might have to find where certain buttons are, but it's not that complicated. I'm sure you can figure out the details.
12/27/2020 6:30 am
Level 39 : Artisan Blockhead
Almond Cheese
Almond Cheese avatar
Thanks for helping me !
12/27/2020 6:33 am
Level 30 : Artisan Professor
EndPlayz
EndPlayz avatar
Np
Planet Minecraft

Website