I need your opinion on the future of my Halo ring

NexusProxima's Avatar NexusProxima8/18/13 12:55 am
1 emeralds 442 2
9/23/2013 2:52 pm
keezfocer's Avatar keezfocer
Please read entirely before voting.
Ok so here is my dilemma. I have been working on my halo ring (link: http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/section-of-halo-ring-installation-04/ ) for over a year now. As I slowly approach the end and the official release, I have come to realize how difficult this project has been for me. Throughout this year, life has continuously got in the way. School, work, and this summer, applying for college. Don't get me wrong this are important and exciting times in my life, but I feel that the wait has been too long and I have let some people down.

So here is the issue, my current plans are, once I release the map, I will begin work on a large update to the map. This is because over the year+ I have worked on this map I have learned new techniques, and came up with great ideas that won't work with the current map. So this future "Delta" update will add a new chunk of the ring players will be able to travel to. It will also add many new places and environments to visit, and an "ending" to the adventure of the map.

So here is my question to you guys:
1)Should I continue with my current plans and release the update after the official release? This will give the community the current map sooner, but won't give them an official "ending" to the adventure story.
2)Or should I just add the update to the current map, then release them together? This will give players two giant chunks of the ring to explore, more land, many more structures, and an "ending" to the adventure story; but it will take A LOT more time to finish.

Keep in mind that I don't know for sure when the official release will be, or how long it will take for me to create this update.

Let me know what you guys think. Vote, comment, it will really help me out ALOT.
I'll give your guys 60 days for the poll.

Thanks,
Zaz101

Poll ended 10/17/2013 12:55 am.

NexusProxima
Level 43 : Master Procrastinator