Should I Continue Building?

Platydroid's Avatar Platydroid3/14/14 8:28 pm
3/14/2014 11:25 pm
ASF's Avatar ASF
Hey everyone.

I have been having something of a "builder's block" recently. I have troubles actually completing builds and I am beginning to doubt my work. I would like you guys to check out my page and tell me if my work should continue. I am currently part of a build team, but even there I am lacking inspiration.
Platydroid
Level 32 : Artisan Dragon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/14/2014 11:23 pm
Platydroid
Strange_Chemicalsbut yeah, i noticed your builds are in similar styles. maybe dabble in some other types of builds. i've been building mostly medieval during my time here, and only recently realized modern is where it's at.

Aint that the truth. It's a PMC takeover nowadays. But while everyone was encouraging me to keep building, I made another medieval build, Cliffview Manor. That was fun, but I am ready for a break now, maybe experimentation into something new.

If you want to check out that build, go here --> http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/ ... val-build/
03/14/2014 11:15 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Taco
Strange_Chemicals
i agree with the people in this thread. go ahead and take a break. i've been taking a break, too. (a 2 month long break, but don't tell anyone)

but yeah, i noticed your builds are in similar styles. maybe dabble in some other types of builds. i've been building mostly medieval during my time here, and only recently realized modern is where it's at.

so that's my advice
03/14/2014 9:41 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
If you don't feel like you should be building anything, or you feel like it's more of a chore, just take a break from minecraft in general. Play some other games, maybe take in some architecture from the other, and when you feel ready to build again, do it.

That's what I did (I still suck at building, though).
03/14/2014 11:02 pm
Platydroid
Lol, alright, I can try this. Architecture is actually a passion of mine in real life, too though.
03/14/2014 11:25 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
Same here lol

I'm taking some Architecture and Tech Drawing classes in high school, at the moment.

With some of the things I've learned in that class, I should try and build some more realistic houses xD
03/14/2014 9:39 pm
Level 23 : Expert Architect
jmankdman
Thanks i do try to be poetic expectaly when it comes to builders losing their abilty. i get so caught up in the comment... anyways i need to ask you a favor... not meaning to go off topic but... can you make me a skin? im looking for a skin that would go with jmankdman (my minecraft player.)
thanks and good job on the wind mill i havent seen anything like it before!
03/14/2014 9:32 pm
Platydroid
jmankdmanNice dude long time no see!
but your not a cartoonic builder are u? if your a builder then lifes a breath... you take in ideas and blow them out to the world...
jman

Wow, that was almost poetic o.O

Well, I am not typically a cartoonish builder, but I do sometimes take inspiration from animes, cartoons, and video games ('specially Skyrim) for themes or builds. But anyways, thanks for the amazing feedback, I will try to continue building!
03/14/2014 9:29 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Blacksmith
TheUltimateArchitect
Keep building by all means. Even if your having some trouble now learning to get through blocks helps you to become a better builder.
03/14/2014 9:25 pm
Level 23 : Expert Architect
jmankdman
Nice dude long time no see!
i for one say "keep a rollin down the line!" meaning keep those projects a coming! i have "builders block" sometimes and when i do i usally go away from minecraft and do other things. if i watch a tv show or cartoon i usally get ideas from them. but your not a cartoonic builder are u? if your a builder then lifes a breath... you take in ideas and blow them out to the world...
just be cool and stay calm and it will start to come back.
good luck to you my friend!,

jman
03/14/2014 9:16 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
LeaguePVP
Wow! That steampunk build is like totes amazing! Keep building man. You never know, a big server might hire YOU one day!
03/14/2014 9:12 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Dragon
Austin_Craft_
Your builds look amazing! I'm suprised I haven't seen them yet. Continue building.
03/14/2014 9:09 pm
Platydroid
Thanks, shift_. It's nice to hear this from people, I rarely get a ton of attention for my builds. I would say the reason why I don't make out like a robber here on PMC would be because I don't typically do solo megabuilds, and I don't use Shaders and such... which is a shame.
03/14/2014 8:33 pm
Level 22 : Expert Narwhal
croshvee
looks awesome! doo doo doo doo doo
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome