Skyrim-Based Adventure Map (WIP)

EsvDefcon's Avatar EsvDefcon8/1/13 6:37 pm
1 emeralds 435 7
8/4/2013 5:31 pm
EsvDefcon's Avatar EsvDefcon
Hi everyone,

EsvDefcon here. I'm just starting a quick topic to tell you guys about my newest work, Thyruul, which is a Skyrim-based adventure map, but with a significant twist- it is set out over hundreds of floating islands. The first version goes live for Pre-Alpha testing on Saturday, and I am looking for testers, who will be given a special thanks, and I will also create an in-game NPC, complete with custom skinning, armour, items, and weapons, to their specifications, if they apply for the Pre-Alpha testing team, and send me feedback on my map. All you have to do is play it!

http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/thyruul--a-skyrim-rpg-adventure-map-wip/

P.S. Thanks to everyone who answered my poll; I can now see that I need to give some more information on the adventure map. I will update the project's description now. Thanks again, guys!

EDIT: I have finally released the download, only about 5 mins ago. Please give it a try; I think you'll love it!
EsvDefcon
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Programmer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/04/2013 5:31 pm
EsvDefcon
It's out for download, please give it a try, and tell me what you guys think!
08/02/2013 12:39 pm
Level 23 : Expert Crafter
Spookyhappyfun
It looks very interesting. You mentioned that you have a wiki for it. Can we get a link?

I'd love to give it a try, but I've never downloaded any mods so the modpack portion of it would not work for me. But it looks pretty cool.

Good luck!
08/04/2013 9:31 am
EsvDefcon
The Wiki is in very early stages of development- there are literally only a few pages on it. I was hoping that people who downloaded my map would be willing to possibly make one or two pages, just so that people who play my map can get a feel for the gameworld. But, if you are still interested, here is the link:

http://www.thyruul.wikia.com

As for the modpack, I will be compiling this later today- the whole thing will be practically all Skydaz Installers, so you can just sit back, and watch them be installed (with one or two exceptions). I did not want to use any mods at all to create this, but trust me, the ability to talk to NPCs, and receive quests off them, really make Thyruul what it is.

P.S. Thanks or the good luck, I'll probably need it!

EsvDefcon.
08/04/2013 9:57 am
Level 23 : Expert Crafter
Spookyhappyfun
That's fantastic! I might have to break my 'no mods' thing for this. I can totally see how NPC interaction would be needed in something as massive as this.

Incredible!
08/04/2013 10:51 am
EsvDefcon
Haha, yeah I really know what you mean about not using mods, I never used to use them either, just because I seemed scared that I would break my Minecraft. Using installers is literally a two-click installation, and it backs up your Minecraft for you, including all of your worlds, so it is a very safe thing to do. I made a custom edition of the Custom NPCs mod, which includes loads more music, and about 30 more skins,, so it really brings the world to life. There are quite a lot of mods to install, and it will probably take about 20 mins for someone to set their Minecraft up, but I promise you that it is well worth it.
The quests are pretty detailed, and I've tried to make it feel as authentic as possible through the dialogue. As you walk around the world, your can hear (well, read) the NPCs' conversations with each other, and it really gives it a great feel.

If you do decide to download it, then I really think that you'll be impressed with the mods!
08/01/2013 6:57 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Goblin
goneeeeeeee
Cool!
08/04/2013 12:53 pm
EsvDefcon
Haha, thanks; glad to know that people are interested in it!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome