Define using a program to generate content

FangABXY's Avatar FangABXY8/9/17 9:17 pm
2 emeralds 330 9
8/11/2017 6:21 pm
Paril's Avatar Paril
I created a skin of mine in Skindex (FangABXY) and decided that I want to carry it over to Planet Minecraft skins. However, after reading the rules, it considered generating content with a program unorignal, and I don't know if the tool Skindex uses to create skins (you paint onto an empty model) is considered a program to generate content. . . Or if doing so is against the given rules. For those who answer meaningfully, thank you.
FangABXY
Level 20 : Expert Dragon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/10/2017 6:18 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Blacksmith
LogiclessGaming
Various programs are quite good for skin-making.
I personally use paint.NET (not a website), you probably have heard of it at some point. I've heard some use GIMP, some use MCSkin3D developed by PMC user Paril, and a few others. However, almost all programs are fine as long as the skin is not an obvious copy of anything else.
08/10/2017 3:36 amhistory
Level 38 : Artisan Architect
Jnaejnae
I believe it is only against the rules if you use premade part libraries or steal skins. This is because Novaskin and some other editors has a feature that lets you add overlay parts that other people made to mix and match. For example someone else made a shirt, and someone else made the body, they just added them together in Novaskin and acted like they made the skin when in reality they just added two halves of skins other people created.

However if you make your skins in the editor completely from scratch without using the "part libraries" you should be fine. Its only against the rules if you steal someones skin, or parts of someones skin. If you want to stay on the safe sure you can try manual, generally its probably better that you learn photoshop anyways cause its more useful and gets better results. But here is the rule that says its banned because people use part libraries, so I dont think its against the rules if you build it from scratch.

"There are a number of tools used to create Minecraft skins that are not allowed to be used to create skins submitted to Planet Minecraft because they violate the rules on part picking and provide libraries of parts to use, many taken from popular skins without the original creator's consent. "

Again if you want to be safe you are just better off learning how to make skins in photoshop.
08/10/2017 12:34 pm
FangABXY
Ok thanks. In skindex/minecraft skins, you can freely put someone else's skin into the editor, so that makes sense to why they banned it.
08/09/2017 9:25 pm
FangABXY
Oh, after further review of the rules, it's banned.
08/09/2017 9:48 pm
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
Painting on an empty model is fine, but using premade parts is not fine.
08/10/2017 3:13 am
FangABXY
I see, but in the rules it bans the minecraft skins creator. Idk how it's detected, but I don't wanna risk my account, I plan on adding more than just skins. . . But this kills any idea of porting skins over
08/10/2017 3:59 am
Level 75 : Legendary Gent
Zitzabis
We ban those websites because they support part-picking. Provided you have the made the skin ENTIRELY from scratch and on your own, then it's fine to use those websites.
08/10/2017 12:32 pm
FangABXY
Ok. But is it still allowed to release the skins on both here and minecraft skins/skindex? Thanks for the help
08/11/2017 6:21 pm
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
Yes. The "banned skin editor" list is just to try to keep people away from using part-pickers. The rule is just that the skin has to be 100% your creation, can't be using parts or pieces from other people.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome