PBL S5 Week 2: Knightsabers vs. XDInsanity

Knightsundere's Avatar Knightsundere7/2/14 12:17 am
1 emeralds 462 7
7/3/2014 3:47 am
Aethroz's Avatar Aethroz
Well we're back again ladies and gents, this time around a little green and brown palette! In the left corner, we have XDInsanity with Some Bug Thing:

http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/some-bug-thing/

and in the opposite corner, we have myself, with Master Chief:

http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/master-chief---pbl-s5-w2/

Vote for your favorite.
Knightsundere
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/03/2014 3:47 am
Level 25 : Expert Cowboy
Aethroz
2D Picture-Master Chief. Bug's mouth looks off-center, eyes don't fit in color. Looks more like an alien than a bug.
3D Model-Master Chief. Bug has clipping on top of legs, and under head is blank.
Backstory- Nope, though when you say "Time to lose PBL", it's very disappointing to anybody who has to read it, or who likes your work.
Originality- Bug. Bug vs Chief. Haven't seen "Bug Thing" in awhile, but both are semi unoriginal. I haven't seen bugs done in block style, and this is probably why. It just doesn't fit, bugs have so many pieces and parts, and the blocky doesn't show anything. Seems like an easier way to do it.
Colors-Chief. Color shading looks amazing, and the patterning is well done. The bugs colors just didn't work with the shade block style. Wrong palette/skin for that technique.
Shading-Chief. Bug:Blocks was the wrong choice for this palette. Chief: Back of head is reminiscent of a creeper face. Don't know if I like or not... Great job to both of you for doing something with the inside of the arms and legs, instead of leaving it one color.
Use of new layer-Bug. But, it clips on the top of the legs, and it looks off on the top right of front torso.
Technique-Chief. Bug has bare underhead, and block shading with a uncorresponding palette.

Overall-Master Chief by KnightSabers

Notes:
XD-Right foot has bottom armor layer. Left doesn't. Right shoulder/torso diamond has armor layer, other doesn't. Bottom "light" pixel on the left side of the head doesn't have armor layer counterpart, all others do. Bottom left of the back of head has a red pixel, left side doesn't.
Knight- Back of knees doesn't seem to fit the style. I would expect the actual behind the knee to be dark, and the area above/below to be lighter "armor", so that he can bend his knee. Back of helmet isn't very chiefy. Maybe a different shade would fit it better. Not bad, but would probably fit better in a different way. It would look much better in 1.8. Hoping you went for a style redo as opposed to a lazy "I don't wanna take the time to do 1.8". Should probably re-do in 1.8 and have both vers on the PMC post.
07/02/2014 9:47 am
Level 48 : Master Baconator
SonicFan1011
The texturing/shading looks better on Knight's skin, so I'm gonna have to go with Knight. Sorry XDInsanity!
07/02/2014 8:53 am
Level 27 : Expert Toast
zoossrocks
Knight because they're both amazing but that's the best master chief skin I've ever seen and most people don't have a selected pallet for them!
07/02/2014 8:39 am
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Mlem Mlem Bat
Insanity
well im screwed thanks knight
07/02/2014 4:31 am
Level 76 : Legendary Button Pusher
DragonsDungeon
I like both skins, but some of the textures on Knight's skin like the lights on the arms doesn't really connect and seem a bit out of place to me, and for that reason I vote XD
07/02/2014 3:49 am
Level 82 : Elite Technomancer
Drazile
Knighty.
Also, nice shield in the new profile pic.
07/02/2014 3:58 am
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Knightsundere
Thanks.

Sadly, it looks funny when confined to a box, like in the skin upload page
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome