Transparency?

MechaAnguirus's Avatar MechaAnguirus10/29/12 1:20 pm
1 emeralds 113 4
10/29/2012 1:29 pm
MechaAnguirus's Avatar MechaAnguirus
I have recently created a skin I was planning to upload here to PMC. I had checked that it conformed to all of the rules about skins here, and it checked out. However, when I tried to upload it, I got a warning telling me that it had transparent parts, and therefore could not be uploaded. Looking at the .png, there was none that I could find. So please, could someone find this alleged transparency or tell me why it isn't working?

MechaAnguirus
Level 37 : Artisan Skinner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/29/2012 1:26 pm
Level 49 : Master Pirate
SquishyZaUltra
Hm....it doesn't seem transparent.....How did you shade? Maybe shading has something to do with it...so how did you shade? Did you take a pencil and lower transparency then brush it across the skin? If so, then the transparent pencil could've gotten on a part and made it weird. Also, have you tried uploading a different skin?

--Squishy
10/29/2012 1:25 pm
Level 72 : Legendary Button Pusher
the_soup
Here's a trick: open your skin with in MS Paint, save it, then open it in your skinning program and erase the 'hat' given to the skin. MS Paint doesn't support transparency, so it basically 'forces' all pixels to become opaque. This will fix whichever pixels are causing your skin not be able to be uploaded.
10/29/2012 1:29 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Skinner
MechaAnguirus
Thank you, this method worked. I am curious as to what was causing the issue in the first place, however. I did not use any transparent brushes, so it seems odd.
10/29/2012 1:23 pm
Level 40 : Master Robot
BetaEdit
Try to open it in paint, save it and upload it.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome