2

Darrowby texture pack

JHerriot •1/2/22 4:35 pm
•
71
•
1/3/2022 4:52 pm
Firstly some info: pack is not submited yet. So please dont ask about download for while. When will be published, I will gave you info.

So when I watching 2020 tv series All creatures great and small, I get idea: Why dont build Darrowby in Minecraft? So yes, but because bit different look of houses in Darrowby(in real Grassington) and Minecraft houses, I will need texture pack. Some blocks are done, but I have problem with changing some textures: currently Grass block and Water. I wanted Grass block looking from all sides same to do country look more realistic and of course Water in basic MC is bit too blue so do it more transparent. But when I was done with this, I exported pack and it looks same as my idea. But I didnt write this because all is OK. No, look of Grass block and Water dont change. Can me help somebody? But is good know how it look for this moment.
Posted by
JHerriot
Level 7 : Apprentice Miner
1

  Have something to say?

Join • Sign in

5

Papa Enny
• 01/03/2022 4:52 pm
• Level 63 : High Grandmaster Answer Dwarf
Nice
1
oakar258
• 01/02/2022 4:45 pm
• Level 69 : High Grandmaster Artist
Bedrock Edition uses following names for grass block:

grass.top.png, grass_side.tga

In the future, I recommend referencing texture names to official template resourcepack, that can be downloaded here:

minecraft.fandom.com/wiki/Add-on#Templates
2
JHerriot
• 01/02/2022 5:15 pm
• Level 7 : Apprentice Miner
history
Thanks but names of mine is Grass side carried and Grass carried. I only want grass block what looks from sides same as from top. For changing and editing textures of blocks and creating whole texture packs, I am using Minecraft Addons Maker app from Google Play store. I am total newbie in this app. Thats all. P.S. And I dont know if is something same in phone version and Windows Bedrock version. But thanks for tip.
2
oakar258
• 01/03/2022 4:19 am
• Level 69 : High Grandmaster Artist
These names are used for item form of the grass block. Are there no editable textures for block form in the app you're using?

I'm not a big fan of resource pack creators, as sometimes these are not fully functional/outdated or not working as intended. Personaly I prefer manual file structure editing and creating.

Maybe it's worth a try using the template and creating the resource pack on computer? The only tools you would need will be any graphic editing program supporting transparency and file archiver.
2
JHerriot
• 01/03/2022 4:13 pm
• Level 7 : Apprentice Miner
Hehe of course I tried that but I have two troubles:
I dont know where manually put textures(if it is in tex. pack ok I know that)
And If I use app, original texture overrides my texture. I edit texture, click Save and check texture pack in game but nothing happened. This situation is only in case water and grass block. So that. But thanks for tip
2

Welcome