Looking for information for add-ons (monsters)

Sprocket_T's Avatar Sprocket_T6/8/19 7:52 pm history
6/16/2019 10:07 am
Sprocket_T's Avatar Sprocket_T
So besides the texture pack that I am working on I have been trying to add extra unique monsters to the bedrock addition of the games as well. I have had variable success with this. If I use a monster as a template I can get some to show up. Other times for reasons I do not understand they do not work. (do not render, animate ect) In the future I would also like to see if it is possible to add custom animations to the models as well.

The issue that I am having is lack of resources to figure out what I am doing wrong to get the custom entity into the game and rendering and animating. What I am looking for is any sort of tutorial that covers the basic viable custom monster entity. Nothing with bells and whistles that confuses the whole process. Just the monster and a single idle animation that is custom would be an amazing tutorial.

I have looked around the net but a lot of tutorials seem to not work with the current version or I am just missing something fundamental from getting lost in the information.

Any help would be appreciated. I do understand though if there just is not that much information at this point it time.

Thank you.

Edit: Also not sure why this got moved to the texturing community as it has nothing to do with texturing. :/
Sprocket_T
Level 24 : Expert Goblin