My new texturepack

argentum alae's Avatar argentum alae10/30/13 7:12 pm
1 emeralds 356 8
11/6/2013 8:16 pm
Glorifico's Avatar Glorifico
This is my first real texturepack, and I really need some serious feedback (My friends just say "oh that's great") If you just want to vote, please do.

Link:
http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/wasabicraft-2443398/

I want feedback on shading, colors and general design. I understand if you don't like it.
argentum alae
Level 27 : Expert Dragon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/06/2013 8:16 pm
Level 46 : Master Pixel Painter
Glorifico
You have made a great pack! I have two suggestions: One, I also agree that the water is too bright, and I would suggest a color somewhere around 71cccb, make it greener or lighter or whatever to suit your needs (A friendly warning not to go too green, green is just a bad color for water and just doesn't look right when your entire ocean is too green). And two, experiment with shading. I know it's a cartoon pack, so keep the shading light. Right now your pack looks really flat with the minimal shading it has.
10/31/2013 6:16 pm
argentum alae
Can you send me a sample of that kind of color? I'm not sure how dark it should be.
10/30/2013 8:05 pm
Level 47 : Master Artist
Cyber-Sama
For your first resource pack, this is pretty good, especially accounting for the fact that it is 32x32 resolution. I'm really diggin' the wool design, the chiseled sandstone, and the chiseled quartz block. Keep up the progress on it, bub!
10/30/2013 7:54 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Narwhal
sheasawesome
Awesome! keep up the good work!
10/30/2013 7:35 pm
Level 20 : Expert Ranger
Starguy
good
10/30/2013 7:21 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
FGarray
It looks quite good for your first, and this is just my personal preference, but the water looks a little too bright, and the wood is almost too plain.

But if that's what you were going for then it looks great!
10/30/2013 8:59 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Dragonborn
99Jonathan
I agree, the water is too bright. I understand that you are going for a "tropical" look but it needs to be more of a greenish blue instead of just a bright almost sky blue. All in all very good for a first texture pack!
10/30/2013 8:50 pm
argentum alae
The wood is a bit simpler because it was one of the first textures I did and I've been working on this two months. I've improved since then and the later textures (When I'm not being lazy) are better. The water is bright because I like pretending to be on a tropical island. I need to redo the wood, but I like my original idea for the way they look.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome