Texturepack editor program

sebbatt's Avatar sebbatt5/27/13 3:55 am
1 emeralds 3.1k 7
5/27/2013 9:13 am
janm190's Avatar janm190
Hello! Iv'e been trying to find a program that allows you to edit the Minecraft textures and make your own texturepacks. Iv'e been making this http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_ ... ture-pack/ (Lol free advertising) and i thought it was tedious and unnecessary to make a texture on paint.net and say "i wonder if that looks good in the game" and have to open up Minecraft and look at the block from all angles and then close Minecraft and say that it looks bad and do it all over again. I'm just looking for a good texture pack editor that has the ability to show you what the block would look like in-game. some texture editors are just a bank of block textures that you can mix. programs that aren't are out of date and do not support the new texture format. I'm on the verge of screaming so could someone post a link to something that works?! thanks. (sorry for any angriness conveyed across the screen.)
sebbatt
Level 16 : Journeyman Skinner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

janm190
05/27/2013 9:13 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
A good programme? I use GIMP 2 but it isn't specialized in making texture packs, and takes a lot of time, but It kinda worked out, with me and my friend making a tp but we gave up because all together it looked ugly.
wikedtik
05/27/2013 8:58 am
Level 41 : Master Elf
Yeah, Sycoinc pointed out a good one. That's pretty much all I know...
sycoinc
05/27/2013 6:04 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Programmer
Adobe photoshop cs3 is now free to doanload... other than that there are not many good textrure editors out there but this may help

u can upload your pack and edit on the screen but is buggy

http://minecraft.novaskin.me/texturepacks
sebbatt
05/27/2013 7:14 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Skinner
thanks! i just felt really lazy but i got over it.
Faboo
05/27/2013 6:11 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Artist
CS2 only, unfortunately.
sycoinc
05/27/2013 8:51 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Programmer
knew it was one of them, been so long since i had cs2 or 3
Faboo
05/27/2013 8:58 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Artist
Well, I can't afford Photoshop CS6 since I'm a student, so yeah...
CS2 is fine for me.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome