1

Unicode editing - Characters smaller than normal text.

d1One •10/26/15 7:28 pm
•
2.9k
•
10/26/2015 11:25 pm
Hi.
Im trying to make custom unicode characters in a texture pack.
I understand how to look and edit the characters using the unicode_page_XX.png files, but the problem is thease characters are smaller than the normal text characters in ascii.png

Does anyone know how to fix this? there doesn't seem to be .properties file for unicode...

I edited unicode_page_26.png and changed the smiley face :)
This is how it shows in chat:



This is my edited file:



In order for it to fit it would have to be super super small.
Heres the normal one with no editing:



As you guys can see it's super super small... Help?
Posted by
d1One
Level 18 : Journeyman Button Pusher
33

  Have something to say?

Join • Sign in

9

nammerbom
• 10/26/2015 11:25 pm
• Level 40 : Master Architect
Funny you say that, theres on in a resource pack I downloaded today.
No, this isn't an advertisement so mods please don't get on my case, I am just trying to help. Resource pack is here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/ma ... eal-hd-sky , you can find it in the assets/minecraft/font folder of the pack. I would edit it then put it in your resource pack that you are making.
1
d1One
• 10/26/2015 9:47 pm
• Level 18 : Journeyman Button Pusher
I found out what defines the unicode sizes is a file named glyph_sizes.bin but i don't have it or know where to get it? Does anyone have any info on this?
1
Latiodile
• 10/26/2015 8:10 pm
• Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
i would guess upscale the file so that the smiley would be the same size as the original?
1
d1One
• 10/26/2015 9:21 pm
• Level 18 : Journeyman Button Pusher
nop, that does not change anything.
1
nammerbom
• 10/26/2015 8:09 pm
• Level 40 : Master Architect
You could always try making a .properties for the unicode file but otherwise I think you are stuck with resizing the emoji
1
Electric9
• 10/26/2015 7:52 pm
• Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
Hmm. Good point. Maybe you should resize all other unicode characters to fit the smiley you made. Other than that I can' really help. Sry
1
d1One
• 10/26/2015 7:57 pm
• Level 18 : Journeyman Button Pusher
Thats not how it works mate, but thanks for trying tho.
1
Electric9
• 10/26/2015 7:48 pm
• Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
I'm guessing you need to remove all separate resource packs.
1
d1One
• 10/26/2015 7:48 pm
• Level 18 : Journeyman Button Pusher
How is that going to change the unicode size?
1

Welcome