BEYOND

thisisme106's Avatar thisisme1064/9/14 8:52 pm
6/6/2014 1:29 pm
The Silver Paladin's Avatar The Silver Paladin

Beyond, the world is a massive frozen inhabitable wasteland. There is a lone city where almost all humans live; That city is called Idyll. That lone city, Idyll, is surrounded by a massive red line that must never be crossed; Crossing the line is punishable by death or even torture. What are they hiding beyond the line?

Please fill out an application here : beyond-t384786.html

Please, the first time you post please announce your characters Age, Gender, and Role! If you wish to be the role of a political figure (Like the president of Idyll, my character) please message me!

All players must either be born in the wasteland, or must start in Idyll and tell of their escape! Lets have fun with this, I will post first c;
thisisme106
Level 25 : Expert Dragonborn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/06/2014 1:29 pm
Level 27 : Expert Mage
The Silver Paladin
"No, sir. There is nothing else." He hands Minister Arkingham 5 Solid gold Denarii. "Solid gold, coins of both Roman empires. If you need anything from me, just ask." Romulus took another sip, and started eating an MRE he had in his pack. He then throws Arkingham some snowmobile keys and his HAZMAT suit "plagues wipe out half your population, and the vehicles are 5 miles outside Eastgate. Ambassadorial gifts." he says walking out of the room. "Thanks for your kindness."
06/06/2014 1:02 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Architect
Thebubbaman2800
James clicked his pen and stood up, walking over to the window. James sighed, "Another runner tonight, they're getting more clever." James watched the man serpentine towards the red line. The man was getting close. James walked over to his desk and turned on the intercom. "Tell our snipers to become better shots. Turn on the pylons." The street lights in the city dimmed and flickered as large pylons along the red line began lighting up. The man below watched the snipers lower their weapons and sped ahead, straight into the electric field. The pylons shut off and a clean up crew picked up the body. Minister Arkingham turned to Romulus. "This city is an efficient machine, but a machine can't function if the cogs begin running away. Is there anything else you needed?"
06/06/2014 12:51 pm
The Silver Paladin
Romulus thought for a moment "No, if we set up an embassy it says that this area cannot be conquered. Alas, there are some Senators who would disobey that, but I'mthe emperor and I have final say, and for your kindness nothing will happen to it." Romulus squinted at the red line. "What the heck?
" He thought. "How is this guy not getting shot yet?" He watched as the guy ran in a zig-zag so as not to get shot. "Um, Minister, you should see this."
06/06/2014 12:46 pm
Thebubbaman2800
James meticulously wrote down details onto the forms. "My condolences. I, myself, was never married. I'm married to the job if that counts." James clicked his pen a few times. "I'm hesitant, but I can set up temporary housing within the city for you. An embassy will take some time to set up and I must discuss it with our President. But, I must know. Does New Rome pose a threat to the safety of our city?"
06/06/2014 12:37 pm
The Silver Paladin
Romulus looked at the Defense Minister." I travelled from the east side. About 500 miles, Luckily I had a vehicle most of the time." Romulus then turned his head to a floor to ceiling window. "New Rome is fine, the Senators tried to dethrone me by assassination. They got my Wife, so now I'm completely alone in my Familia or Household, except for a few slaves and guards." With this Romulus began to cry. "I can't return home! But I need to leave! Find a new land for our empire! Romulus took a drink of water and stopped crying. "Thank you sir, what else do I need to do?"
06/06/2014 12:28 pm
Thebubbaman2800
James looked the man up and down and took a seat at his desk and motioned for the man to take a seat. "I'll have the paperwork drawn up. Tell me... have you travelled far?" James drew a pen and some forms from his desk and began writing things down. Without waiting for an answer, James continued questioning, "You say you're from a area known as New Rome, how are things there?
06/06/2014 12:02 pm
The Silver Paladin
Romulus was unwilling to go, but cautiously went with this man. Romulus thought "Deus, I needed to get out of here!" He had his katana underneath his HAZMAT suit. "Genius, put it UNDER your suit!" when they reached the office, Romulus unzipped his suit revealing a Toga with a Purple sash. "I am from New Rome, and I would like to start an embassy!" ((you need to post on the Paladin Order.))
06/04/2014 7:50 am
Thebubbaman2800
James pursed his lips and motioned for his men to lower their weapons. "Yes. Well, you have our attention now." James cautiously shook the man's hand. "One wouldn't expect an ambassador from the wastes. I believe it would be best if we discussed this back in my office." James looked at the gathering crowd. "You seem to be causing quite a ruckus."
06/03/2014 7:11 pm
The Silver Paladin
Romulus stared at the new arrival. a so called "Minister of Justice." He then bit his lip until it bled. "Finally! A government official! I was trying to get your attention!" HE put the food he stole back, and held out his hand."I'm an ambassador from New Rome!"
06/01/2014 6:19 pm
Thebubbaman2800
James Arkingham sat in his office gazing over the files on his desk. It was late and he looked out the window at the city. It's features accented by the moon and the dim glow of the red line. He'd already looked over the report about the newest runner, he'd stopped watching a long time ago. The man had recently lost his job and clearly had nothing to lose by running. A loner, this one would be easy to clean up. There was no mess of family, friends, coworkers, or lovers. James stamped the report and filed it. There was no signing these reports. Just a dark blue stamp, Ministry of Justice it said and nothing more. James got up and walked over to his liquor cabinet, poured himself some scotch, took a sip and poured the rest out. He would soon retire to his apartment, eat some dinner, and sleep. Then the phone rang, it was the ground floor receptionist. They barely stammered out, "A man was just here claiming to be from beyond the line. I think you should get down here." James put the phone down and stepped into the elevator, hitting the button for the parking garage and lighting up a cigarette. This was going to be a long night. He got in his car, a sleek black Bentley specially modified for police service. He turned on his police radio, "Tactical responding to disturbance, Proceed?" James picked up the receiver. "This is Minister Arkingham, hold and wait for my arrival. If subject grows hostile subdue, don't kill. I have questions." He sped out of the garage, sirens blaring. It was a short drive to the grocery store and he arrived on the scene. There was a man in a hazmat suit at gun point. "Hello there, My name is James Arkingham, Minister of Justice and you?"
05/31/2014 10:07 pm
The Silver Paladin
Romulus watched the bag tumble to the ground. That would be his sign. He cursed in Latin and ran off. HE then broke into a small grocery store and grabbed three cans, some fruit, Some toothpaste, and an unknown meat. He then put his mask back on and walked outside, to the guns of several heavily armored soldiers...
05/31/2014 7:03 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Network
Raj_The_Scourge
Shaemus stared at the man in the HAZMAT suit as he walked to his tree. As the man slipped his mask off, Shaemus felt a spark of recognition, for the face had a frightening resemblance to his father. Two seconds was all he needed, and Shaemus's eyes adjusted to the man's face. Shaemus felt his resolve harden as the man's face bared only a passing resemblance to his father. Rubbing his thumb down the silver axe to calm his nerves, he quietly observed what would happen next. A slight spasm racked his body and to his horror he saw his satchel tumble down off the branch and with it, the silver axe, the black mask, and the wilted flower. Shaemus let out an involuntary cry as it almost hung in time.
05/31/2014 2:11 pm
The Silver Paladin
Romulus took off the gas mask part of his HAZMAT suit. It revealed a face, young but still looked old because of the countless wars and violence he's seen. The secretary stammered and walked off. Romulus turned and walked out of the building. He held his assault rifle in his hands. It blended in with his gloves. HE made his way to the Town center, where a beautiful tree stood. "Porci, Quod quidem non potest recipere legatum, ((Latin for "Pigs, they can't even accept an ambassador!)) He stood and faced the tree waiting for something.. He was going to get out of here, he just needed a sign...
05/31/2014 10:05 am
Raj_The_Scourge
((Posts!!
Click to reveal
))

Shaemus snapped awake. Sounds of shouting emanated from the government buildings near the border. Interested, he squinted for a better look. Cleanup crews had already taken the body, but footprints mark the dry blood, footprints unlike the heavy boots of the cleanup crews or the pristine shoes of citizens.
Hm.. he thought to himself, It looks as if today will end up interesting after all...
05/30/2014 9:35 pm
The Silver Paladin
Romulus woke up, an unknown amount of time later, he had just made it inside of the borders. He looked back, at the body of a man. "Barbari" he said in his tongue of Latin. and he stood up and began walking. Every now and then he checked a Geiger counter. He made his way to the Presidential offices through the crowds of people cowering at this man in a HAZMAT suit, something they had never seen before. His fingers were numb. HE finally made it to the office. he pushed open the doors, "I am an ambassador! And I demand to see your president!" He shouted at the secretary. "Sir, he's in bed, and an ambassador from where? there are no other countries out there! It's just a wasteland!" Romulus cut her short. "Let. me see him!" he demanded.
05/30/2014 9:26 pm
thisisme106
The man, Idyll, turns towards the elevator. He looks back, one last time at the gruesome scene that lie one hundred fifty stories below. The doors of the large circular capsule close, it shoots one more floor up. Finally Idyll is greeted with his clean white bedroom that overlooks the terrible blood-soaked city. Idyll finds his bed and closes his eyes, pulling the grey blanket over his body. Something is wrong. Idyll will not be their puppet any longer; He will make his escape in the morning.
05/30/2014 7:27 pm
Raj_The_Scourge
Shaemus yawned. Lazily he blinked slowly, and cleared the debris away from his makeshift home. Crawling out of his sleeping bag, he stumbled half-asleep towards the center of town, heading for his thinking spot.
He mumbled blearily, "The mask, the flower the He snapped awake. "The mask!"
He ran back to his small shack and fumbled inside a satchel. Looking inside, a half wilted blue flower, a oddly shiny silver axe, and a featureless black mask lay inside.
"Oh, good." Slinging the satchel over his shoulder, he ran the whole way to the center of town, stopping at an ancient oak in the middle of a park. Crawling up the trunk with practiced ease, he almost glided up towards the highest branch that could support his weight. Observing the town as he gazed serenely, he noted the woman screaming among the untouchables, and the dead man only several yards from the line that he sacrificed his life trying to cross.
Tenderly he lifted the blue flower out of his satchel and sniffed it, enjoying the sweet and earthy aroma, washing away his fatigue.
05/30/2014 3:27 pm
The Silver Paladin
My name is Romulus. I am a former Navy Seal, I was on the team that killed Bin Laden in 2011. I was also a Bomb disposal. I have no other record of my past, other than that of my parents and the picture I carry. I started New Rome, An Empire to the east of this frozen wasteland. I don't know how long I've been here. I left, leaving my General in charge. I don't know how long I've been here., I can just barely see a red line...If I can.. just... make... It... I blacked out.
04/21/2014 12:17 am
Level 25 : Expert Grump
nbtrash
((Hey could you check out my app?))
04/10/2014 10:37 pm
thisisme106
President Idyll just stares at the dead body. The red blood becomes part of the line, glowing along side it; kind of like how Idyll became part of the city, a liar and a killer.
Idyll has trained himself not to feel emotions, and he hates himself for it. He runs his fingers through his dark spiked hair, still with his eyes locked on the pool of blood quickly expanding on the line. Men in black full body armor walk up to the body. They hold a long spear with a curved blade within their fists. Idyll refuses to watch as they stab the body and pull it to the nearest dumpster.
04/10/2014 10:18 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Majestic_GlowingTree
Astrea was tending to one of the sick, she was singing that one song. The song that swirled inside her head, the one that held her remaining sanity.

"Our names won't be remembered
If we die like trampled flowers
I refuse to be forgotten
Written off as less than worthless" She sung bitterly.

The woman flinched as Astrea wrapped a cloth around her infected wound. "Sorry. It's going to hurt...horribly. It's the sad, sad truth..." Astrea murmured. She looked far off into the distance, where a idiotic man ran over the borders. Only to get shot straight though the skull. The man fell over, his tears glimmered on his face. His eyes were empty, full of broken promises and dreams. "What a pity... He just couldn't take it anymore.." Astrea thought in her mind.

"D-do you know, the b-borders are hiding something..?" The woman croaked. The healer looked at her "What do you mean 'Hiding'? Those damn people hide everything! They say were all safe, but in reality we're not! We're here dying, slowly starving, slowly losing our insanity, while they're just safe and sound!" Astrea screamed as she slammed her hand on the broken down table.

Everything was silent.
04/09/2014 9:03 pm
thisisme106
President Idyll, Age 36, Gender male.

I, the president sit in my hard wooden chair; the view of Idyll is from my library is amazing. The sun is setting in the horizon as I take another sip of my drink. The big red line surrounding the city begins to glow red under the starlight. I place my small glass of alcohol down on my chair-side table as I stand up. After stretching I walk slowly towards the window, the sound of my shoes striking the hardwood floor echoes throughout the room. I stare out over the city, placing my hand onto the window. I watch as my warm breath leaves vapor lingering on the glass.

I notice something after several minutes of staring at the red glow of the line; some one has crossed it. A man leaps over the glowing circle, and with one look back he runs. He is stupid for thinking his escape would be easy; within seconds a bullet bursts through the back of his head. He lies there soaking in his own blood, the cleaning crew will get him before sunrise.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome