Ruins of Eldgammel ((IC))

i was like 11 PlsNoBully's Avatar i was like 11 PlsNoBully9/27/13 1:35 am
1 emeralds 3.4k 284
10/18/2013 11:56 am
Korigon's Avatar Korigon
((Here is the link to the application thread!
http://www.planetminecraft.com/forums/ruins-eldgammel-ooc-t308997.html ))

Badlands, around a hundred leagues from the border

Lyon slept in his tent peacefully, happily dreamless, for the first time in weeks. As Lyon slept, he was surrounded by an encampment of 20 other men, each one different from the next, all obsessed on learning. Lyon was never a deep sleeper, you couldn't be if you valued your life, however tonight his mind succumbed to the rest and kept him asleep. Lyon awoke to a hand shaking his shoulder angrily. Lyons eyes snapped open and his hands naturally found their way to his dagger. The moment his eyes focused he saw Flynn, one of his best friends in the scholars. Lyon frowned.
"Damnit Flynn, the first night without nightmares and you wake me up for night watch." Lyon said, mockingly angry.
Flynn laughed, "I hope you have fun sitting in the bleak cold while I sleep happily in the tent." He teased.
Lyon dressed then set out for the watch. His division of the Scholars was assigned to patrol the massive border dividing the badlands from the humans. Although it was a tedious task that risked very little and earned nothing in knowledge, Lyon was happy to do anything for the scholars. Lyon was selected with a few others to travel a two days journey further into the badlands to scout for anything of interest. So far there had been nothing but dirt trees and stone. Lyon walked across the small grassy meadow to his assigned post and set up, trying to get into a comfortable position. For hours Lyon sat in the absolute darkness, toying with childish spells and pondering what life might have been like for the Eldgammel. Suddenly a yell for help broke the silence of the night, followed by an audible thump. Lyon knew what it was instantly, and broke into a full sprint back to camp to wake up, and alert the rest of the scout party. Once everyone was up, Lyon ran to where he assumed the scream came from, but was met halfway by a squad of undead pikemen. Caught offguard, Lyon stepped back and couldn't bring any spell to mind. Lyon continued is motion backwards, focusing on spells and offensive stratagies. He decided on a plan and started muttering spells to take out the oncoming attack. Without notice a spear whistled through the air and sunk itself into another soldiers chest, a soldier who was behind him. Lyons eyes flashed gold and he blacked out.

Training Grounds of Elsione, Capital City

Leonardo drew in a deep breath, then released the arrow pierced the scarecrow where a humans stomach would be. He looked down dissapointed. Leonardo knew what would follow this failure. And so it began.
"Leonardo, where were you aiming?" His Mentor yelled, "Don't answer because it obviously wasn't the stomach. If you can't shoot as well at night how do you think you can down an enemy sneaking around our borders?"
Leonardo didn't reply, replying on made the matters worse. Leonardo then listened to his Mentor rant on more about how to visualize the subject lighter, and spot it out easier. Leonardo would normally have no trouble with this shot, however it was a few hours past midnight and Leonardo had already been through an exhausting sleepless day. Leonardo tried a few more times, knocking the arrow, breathing in, then releasing. Finally Leonardo started hitting his target, the heart. After Leo had hit the target enough to satisfy his mentor, he put his equipment away then headed to the barracks for sleep. It was a beautiful night and Leonardo wasn't thattired so he decided to go for a stroll around the city.
Posted by i was like 11 PlsNoBully's Avatar
i was like 11 PlsNoBully
Level 28 : Expert Wolf Whisperer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/27/2013 7:46 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
datadogie
James walked the streets of the town that he has always lived in. He wanted to explore, and find another town. James walked to the nearest carriage and asked the driver "How much does it cost to go anywhere?" The driver glared down at James, then replied "Where do ya want to go?" The man gave James a list of places, and a price for each. James seemed interested in a place called 'Elsione'. James luckily had just enough coins to travel to the capital city of Elsione, so he payed the driver. He climbed into the back, and set off to Elsione, making sure the hood of his cloak was over his head. He didn't like it off, he had grown used to it. That, and he didn't like the cloak off because it would show the dagger hidden beneath it.
09/27/2013 9:50 am
Level 27 : Expert Network
Korigon
Elrond Carnesîr and Johnathan Steel, both rangers of the North, rode swiftly along toward the Fatharin capital. After leaving their patrol at the borderlands, they had heard from their spy news of Elsione planning an attack on Fatharin. "Why would they do this?" Johnathan shouted out to his partner. "Why do they ignite the bad blood between them once again? Can they not see the danger they are in? The undead are growing, soon they will become a formidable force methinks."

Elrond remained quit for some time as he considered what Johnathan had said. "The undead may or may not be growing, it is impossible to tell. We cannot hazard the risk of entering the Badlands alone, however. Two rangers we may be, but there are many dangers. For now we should concentrate on reaching and warning Fatharin."

Johnathan grunted his approval and the duo continue riding toward Fatharin.
09/27/2013 10:23 am
i was like 11 PlsNoBully
The capital of Elsione was a large town, with beautiful sculptures and temples throughout the entire city. It was built by humans a thousand years ago and had been taken care of well. The city was on an extremely steep mountain, and t would be impractical and nigh impossible to attack the city from behind. The only way up is on the steep pathway carved into the dirt and surrounded by thousands of trees. It would be almost impossible to sneak an army up there in mass without them coming one by one up the hill. However, the hill wasn't Elsiones greatest defense, that title would fall to the massive stone wall concocted around the city. The walls had openings every ten feet up that would hold an archer during an attack. There were ten holes up and thosands in total around the city. Making them completely able to defend the city even from the largest of armies. As Leonardo walked he looked at the crying maiden statue that had always been near his house and the gates. All the guards houses were relatively near the gates so that if need were to come, they could all take their post on the wall and defend the city. Leonardo had recently gotten report from the Scholars that an undead mass was forming in the badlands. Leonardo warned the king of this danger three weeks ago, and all the king had done was send a bird to the other kingdoms telling them of this danger. Leonardo was among the honor guard of the castle, and over heard a conversation between the king and a mysterious man about creating a special militia. A group of extremely skilled warriors to be sent to the Badlands to assist the scholars. For weeks now Leonardo has been wondering whether he'd get to see Lyon, because he was very sure that he would be chosen to be sent. Leonardo came up to the gates and signalled for the guards to release him.
"The ravens should have reached the kingdoms by now hopefully" Leonardo assured himself, But what if the other kings didn't listen, and sent armies in their reply instead of assistance. Leonardo worried over this situation and tossed the possible outcomes around in his head multiple times. This time however, Leonardo tried to get his mind off it, as he walked out the gates, he strung his bow and began to track something to hunt.
09/27/2013 10:36 am
datadogie
The journey in the carriage, for James anyways, seemed to take forever. The carriage driver seemed to be ranting on about common nonsense, and didn't seem to notice that James wasn't paying much attention. Instead, James was thinking about where he was currently travelling to, the capital of Elsione. He was so fixated on thinking about it, that he did not notice the carriage halt. Only when the driver give him a tap on the head did he notice that he was at his destination. James said a simple "Thank you." and climbed out. He thought he should get his bearings and look around a little, so he pulled the hood of his cloak further over his head and started walking around.
09/27/2013 10:52 am
i was like 11 PlsNoBully
Leonardo wasn't very focused on hunting, and became more unfocused when he saw a carriage carrying someone up the steep slope. As he stalked the carriage he tried to look to see who was in it, however he was below the carriage and at a bad angle to see. As they approached the gates the carriage came to a halt, and the passenger stepped out, completely cloaked.
"Who is that?" he thought, thinking back to the cloaked man who came at the dead of night only two weeks ago. In the darkness, Leonardo couldn't tell the approximate age of the cloaked figure and decided to shadow him through the city.
09/27/2013 11:07 am
datadogie
As far as James was concerned, this place was better than his old town. As he walked, a thought hit his head. I bought the journey here. James thought. But I never bought the journey back home. James just shrugged and walked on. He didn't really have a home to return to. Priority one. Find a place I can stay in. James spotted a small area that nobody was in. It looked like an alleyway, but nonetheless James walked to it. He hadn't practised his magic in a while, and was scared he'd lose his touch. He looked around. He was unseen here, so he pulled the hood of cloak down, and he summoned a small, weak fireball in his hand and tossed it at the ground. Thus determined, he continued doing this, just to make himself confident that he hadn't lost his touch with magic.
09/27/2013 11:09 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
Eraptor145
On Erikir's journey to the Capital of elisione, he and archimedes walk for about a week before seeing a carriage he up the hill towards the city. "well archimedes i guess we are heading the right way." Roof. When he reached the gates. " what do you want little elf." "I would like to enter please." "who brings a wolf into the city?" "I'm a ranger, he is my friend." "fine enter, But we'll have an eye on you."
09/27/2013 11:41 am
i was like 11 PlsNoBully
Leonardo followed the kid into an alleyway and watched the kid start practicing magic. This was his chance to confront him. "You do know that magic is illegal inside the city unless you have a permit correct?" Leonardo called out.
09/27/2013 11:44 am
Eraptor145
Walking through the city, Erickir walks by a alley. Seeing a boy practicing magic while a strange man stands in the mouth of the alley. "arcimedes No!" he said as archimedes runs into the alley way barking it's puppy bark.
09/27/2013 11:58 am
datadogie
James hears someone behind him and turns around, hand on his dagger. James replies "No, I didn't. Who are you exactly?" James then turns to a second voice, a shout, and sees a wolf pup running into the alleyway. James' instinct told him to pull out his dagger to defend himself, so he immedietally pulls it out and points it at the pup, scared. He knew that wolves were dangerous animals, and didn't want to get bitten.
09/27/2013 12:08 pm
Eraptor145
Erickir sees the boy draw a dagger at archimedes. Rage fills his veins and draws his short bow, strings an arrow, and points it at the boy. "step away from the wolf."
09/27/2013 12:23 pm
Level 29 : Expert Network
Oni__
Rilr was walking through the Alley's of Elsione, his feathered cap hiding his eyes as well as possible, if someone were to find out he was a descendant here he would have issues. He had his rapier strapped to his side and his bow to his back. The bow was useless though, he'd run out of the few arrows he had a few days before in the wild. He turned a corner and saw a commotion, he decided he would ignore them and walk past, he didn't need the trouble if any if them turned against him, it wouldn't be worth it.
09/27/2013 12:26 pm
datadogie
James looks at the man, and sees him with a bow in hand, pointing at him. James got terrified. He had travelled here to train with magic, not to get bows pointed at him. In fear, James dropped his dagger and said "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Please don't hurt me."
09/27/2013 12:55 pm
Eraptor145
"come here archimedes!" the puppy runs over to erickir. He puts his arrow and bow away. DON'T EVER hurt my wolf. or i wll hurt you.
09/27/2013 12:55 pm
i was like 11 PlsNoBully
Leonardo watched the two run off and sighed. It was an unusual sight to see a kid practicing magic and a trained wolf inside the capital city. Leonardo started to edge away, this was not worth the trouble. Besides he was technically off duty, so he turned around and was about to slip away. Leonardo expertly managed his ways through the alleys until he found his house. Leonardo walked into the house, kicked off his boots and undressed. His mind running about with so many possibilities of his future. He fell asleep almost instantly.

((I'll have to go for a while... Have fun roleplaying without me))
09/27/2013 1:02 pm
Eraptor145
After that little incident, Erickir and his wolf walked down to the market district looking for an inn. "You just can't run off like that archimedes." they eventually reach an inn wear he stops to have a meal when..... 'No animals allowed in the inn." Said the bouncer.

"We'll have to find a new place to stay archimedes." "rrrrrrgh" said archimedes.
09/27/2013 1:04 pm
Oni__
Rilr watched as the people started to break apart, he sighed from relief. He wouldn't run into trouble today, now all he had to do was find some sort of Inn and hope no one drives him out in the night. He began to near the people who had remained in the group and pulled his cap down as he got close to them.
09/27/2013 1:14 pm
Eraptor145
Erickir sees a man with a rapier by his side and an illusrious cap walk by. "he must be a noble maybe he knows an inn that allows animals." "hello, you there with the rapier.
09/27/2013 1:15 pm
datadogie
James looked up to see that the man with the bow and the other man had gone. James sat down on the ground, and started to think about what had happened. In his old town, he was always shy and left alone by everyone. Here, it seemed that would be slightly different. Looking down at the ground, scared at the recent events, he almost started to cry. Small tears ran down his face, but he just wiped them away and continued to think about what had just happened.
09/27/2013 1:29 pm
Oni__
Rilr turned his head slightly to see who spoke to him, the whole time keeping his eyes as hidden as possible, "Yes? What do you need?" he asked the man.
09/27/2013 1:32 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
ArcaneDrink
Sitting on a wooden support beam jutting out of the Inn's wall sits a slender figure, her form dark against the light of the dying sun behind her. One leg dangles to the streets bellow, matching her arm which loosely holds a small pointed dagger. Despite her tiredness, she jumps at the sound of shouting from a nearby alleyway. Crawling to her feet, she scales the building to reach the roof, giving her a vantage point over the crowd which has already begun dispersing. She notes a man in red, a ranger of sorts, and a younger gentleman who takes a seat on the pavement. No longer interested, she slips off the side of the roof and enters her room at the Inn through a window, making her way into the lobby.
09/27/2013 1:34 pm
Eraptor145
"me an my wolf need a place to stay and you look like a noble, i was hoping you knew a place. And the guards are following me beacause i'm an elf and because i have a wolf."

"i need help"
09/27/2013 1:48 pm
datadogie
It occurs to James that in the night, he would be cold sitting outside. So James got up and checked how much money he had. It turns out he didn't have much, but had enough to get a room in an inn. James got up and walked to the nearest inn. Once inside, he looked around for a place where he could ask for a room.
09/27/2013 1:49 pm
Eraptor145
OOC Ill be back at 330
09/27/2013 1:51 pm
Oni__
"Ah no, I wouldn't know of such a place, i'm a traveler much like you are you see," Rilr began to say, "Wait, did you say you were being followed by guards?" He began to panic, he couldn't be exposed at this point in time. "If you find a nearby inn i'm sure we can smuggle him in with some effort, if you're an elf I would assume you have some magical prowess?"
09/27/2013 6:13 pm
Eraptor145
"not much my friend, im a wood elf. Long ago we traded our magic for archery skill and attunement with nature. That is why we make great rangers. but i did happen to see on a block or so backlets head there."
09/28/2013 9:28 am
Level 1 : New Miner
ShockingFuture
Alex's wide backup hunting knives that scaled down to 12 inches long were firm in her grasp. She was crouched down and looked through the tree's, she saw the undead. It was a skeleton with a sword that was, bigger then him actually. She pounced but it turned around with a devilish... Smile? I'm not sure what it was, and knocked her back. She hit a tree and one of her knives stabbed her in the arm. "I-" she was going to pass out because of blood loss
09/28/2013 9:51 am
Oni__
ShockingFuture12 feet]

((Dafuq? 12 feet is more than double the size of an average person))

"Excellent. If we head there and you purchase a room with a window i'm sure I can get your wolf inside," Rilr said to the elf, he wasn't keen on using his magic in such a way but however he may be able to gain his first ally in this land if he helped him enough.
09/28/2013 9:53 am
ShockingFuture
-snip so not double post, fixed last post as well-
09/28/2013 10:02 am
Eraptor145
Erickir traveled to the inn And left archimedes outside. "room with two beds please and preferably with a window." "alright that will be 30 gold." Here you go." erickir paid for the room laid his stuff down, and opened the window. Ready!"
09/28/2013 10:04 am
i was like 11 PlsNoBully
((Shocking future, is Alex anywhere near Lyon and the Scholars sub division Lyon is in?))
09/28/2013 10:09 am
ShockingFuture
(( Depends, are they near a forest?))

Alex's vision was blurring, she couldn't hold out much longer. Her yellow eye was glowing, she was using the best amounts of magic she could to keep her awake.
09/28/2013 10:20 am
i was like 11 PlsNoBully
((Yes they are, and theya are also being attacked by undead.))
09/28/2013 10:22 am
ShockingFuture
(( Sounds good, G. ))

Alex howled for her Gryphon, Furry, to come.

Furry of course, loving his mistress oh so much came to the rescue. He ran over the undead and got Alex on his back. He started to take off as he saw a building surrounded by the undead. "Mew?" he said to Alex, asking if she wanted to help.

Alex nodded "Least we can do for.. People we don't even know, but still every life has a value."
09/28/2013 12:26 pm
Eraptor145
While he is waiting for his new friend to lift archimedes up through the window, he takes this time to list and inspect his equipment.
1 steel Coma (may need sharpening)
1 hunting shortbow
12 Iron arrows
1 Green and brown leather chestpiece
1 green travel cloak with yellow trim
1 green and brown leather boots
1 pair of leather guantlets
2 white linen shirts
2 white linen pants
2 pairs of white cotton socks
1 bottle of wine
1 loaf of bread
2 cooked venison chops
5 wolf treats
1 favorite childhood book "Olaf the DragonSlayer"
1 set of utnisels
1 lute
1 scroll of favorite music "sound of elisone"

"That seems to be everthing. I wonder when he'll be ready?" said erikir.
09/28/2013 12:26 pm
Oni__
"Ok!" Rilr yelled up to the window, "Now focus." he told himself as he closed his eyes and began to say words of power, "Caelum fera extollunt" he slowly the wolf lifted up to the window.

((Using Latin for the time being since it sounds magical an i'm not creative with words))
09/28/2013 1:13 pm
Eraptor145
Erickir Grabs the wolf as he floats up to the window. "I got him, our room is the third door to the left upstairs. I have food if you want dinner, but hurry I heard theses streets aren't safe at night."

With that erikir closes the window and sets archimedes down.
09/28/2013 1:25 pm
Oni__
Rilr thought for a second, should he go in? He seemed nice enough and it would be rude to turn him down. But if he turn against him because he was a Descendant it would be trouble, mind you Rilr could probably fend for himself. In the end he went in, and opened the door, "Why did you need to bring that wolf in anyway? Could you not tie him up outside or something?" he asked.
09/28/2013 1:36 pm
Eraptor145
"This is my friend and compainion, His is a part of me. And he is one of the only things that give me the time of day since the start of my journey."
Erickir thought for a moment
"By the way I didn't ask your name? mine is Erickir."
Handing his friend a glass of wine, and a venison chop.
09/28/2013 1:53 pm
datadogie
James, after finally finding a place to order a room, walks to his room with his cloak hood over his head. He enters it, then immediatelly climbs onto the windowsill. He didn't particularly like sitting around, so he ran around his room. He got bored of this, so he sat on his bed and started banging his hand on the wall in a beat. He would toss a fireball around, but he couldn't because it is illegal without a permit.
09/28/2013 1:56 pm
Eraptor145
In the middle of handing his new friend his food, He heard banging on the wall, Erikir thinking nothing of it continued.
09/28/2013 2:24 pm
Oni__
"Rile Fiore," Rilr said taking the glass of wine and food, he sipped the wine, it was dry, he was no expert on wine though. The meat was cooked medium. Then he heard a banging on the wall, "What the?" he said standing up and punching the wall in reply to the disruptive neighbor.
09/28/2013 2:32 pm
Eraptor145
"I wonder whos next door?" Erickir said, "maybe they'll like to join us?"
09/28/2013 2:34 pm
Oni__
"I don't know who they are but if they keeping hitting the wall I'd certainly like to find out," Rilr said irritated.
09/28/2013 2:36 pm
Eraptor145
"Agreed" Said erickir unsheathing his coma and laying it on the floor.
09/28/2013 2:38 pm
Oni__
((First things first, Dafuq is a coma? Do you mean Kama or?))
09/28/2013 2:42 pm
datadogie
James heard another person banging on the wall, so he stopped banging. He considered apologising, but also considered the fact that he had recently gotten into a small amount of 'hassle'. Nonetheless, he thought it would be best to apologise. James got up and exited his room, then walked to the next room and knocked on the door.
09/28/2013 2:44 pm
Eraptor145
Erickir got up and walked to the door followed by archimedes, who was curious. "Hello "Erickir said as he opened the door.
09/28/2013 3:00 pm
datadogie
James felt slightly terrified, and it was probably showing on his face aswell. He wanted to walk back to his room, but instead he said: "I want to.... Apologise. I was the one banging on the wall. I'm just a bit..." James struggled to find a word. "Lonely." James wasn't lying. He had been lonely ever since his parents died. He tried to hold back tears that were forcing his way through.
09/28/2013 3:02 pm
ShockingFuture
(( Temp Chara, goo!

Possible permanent if told to be ))

A small bird with firey tipped feathers flew through the window and landed on James shoulder. She cooed and brushed up against him.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome