Consciousness (difference between Robot and Human)

LinuxViki's Avatar LinuxViki11/1/16 3:12 pm
11/5/2016 3:41 am
LinuxViki's Avatar LinuxViki
I think how you describe consciousness is: Something with consciousness can make mistakes even with having enough and right Information. A Computer/Robot can`t. An Animal/Human can.
LinuxViki
Level 16 : Journeyman Botanist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/03/2016 4:58 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Fish
CHorse
Agreed.
11/02/2016 9:02 am
LinuxViki
maybe consciousness is realy the better word. What I intended to say, is that this is what makes Humans, well Humans, and Robots, Machines
11/02/2016 9:55 pm
Level 74 : Legendary Pixel Painter
Anxiety Opossum
yeah, I'd say that's probably a better definition. The subject's really cool. :p
11/02/2016 9:16 am
Level 88 : Elite Modder
Fureniku
Give it 15 years and there will be no mentally distinguishable features. If you were to talk to a robot on the phone then, or online, you would not know they were not a real human because AI is progressing at a fast enough pace.

At that point, the difference is purely physical. We are carbon based, robots will probably be silicon based (eventually at least - they'll probably use light alloy metals and strong plastics first)
11/05/2016 3:41 am
LinuxViki
I meant that an Processor wont ever be so random then a Human One. It will always do the right thing if there is engouh and right information. An Human can still make mistakes.
11/01/2016 5:12 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Pokemon
JediJerboa
When a robot even has a personality or just dreams, it is not considered a robot any longer. It is a cyborg, an artificial human with emotion and a soul.
11/01/2016 5:14 pm
Anxiety Opossum
Thinking about this, yeah, I guess that this is true. The definition of a cyborg is a combination of a living thing and a robot, and technically you soul and mind are part of what makes you alive.
11/01/2016 5:09 pm
Anxiety Opossum
It's really weird that this pops up while I'm writing a universe about a race of humans that developed a way to insert their souls and consciousness into robots :/

Anyway, soul is basically your personality, and what you believe (simplified). If a Robot were to be programmed with a "soul," it wouldn't be real, because it was never developed naturally.
11/01/2016 9:30 pm
CHorse
You seem very fixed on the fact that nature is something special. There are several questions I can ask, to which most have no answers. Define reality, a human cannot do so. Define nature, go ahead try. Are we really a special little snowflake? We aren't (even then turns out snowflakes are pretty unoriginal) we're just the same as another rock or tree. The difference is that we happen to have an arrangement allowing us to think and think we know. Think we are masters of ourselves when all we are is the shadow of the program running within us. We are nothing but puppets, hosts to the brain. Every action you think is yours the subconscious has made several seconds before you have.

Then tell me now that this 'soul' in a robot isn't 'real' because it wasn't developed with the shear process of 'nature'. We are nature, we aren't 'real'.

Or is it fear? Humans hate change, fear the unknown. Or is it belief? Are you afraid we can play 'god'?

Remind me how this can't be achieved?
11/02/2016 8:01 am
Anxiety Opossum
Everyone's soul and mind is shaped by what they've experienced over time, good and bad. no-one is going to be exactly the same. Either you somehow don't understand this or you have some real strange way of viewing everything.

Reality: The existing universe before us. It doesn't matter if it's perceived in a delay, it's still there.

Nature: I'm assuming you mean human nature, so our base set of morals, and whether or not you're willing to follow them based on your beliefs, and influences. (unfortunately some people don't.) People aren't ever all going to be the same. I really don't get how you see it that way.

Also yes, your brain is technically "you" but that doesn't change the fact that we have different thoughts and experiences.
Additionally, I don't exactly see a rock or tree developing a civilization capable of creating computers, or planes.

I'd also like to point out the fact that you literally just said that no-one's real.
11/02/2016 11:09 pm
CHorse
You seem to misunderstand me, and I think that I misunderstood you.
So now I'm completely confused.

Now what?
11/03/2016 12:50 pm
Anxiety Opossum
Maybe we should just drop this whole conversation XD
11/01/2016 3:55 pm
CHorse
I don't believe souls as in the spirit thingy inside you, which happens to be the definition of it. According to JediJerboa, I guess soul is a way to describe it, but I stay away from the word since people think I believe in ghosts inside of us.
LinuxViki, that's called being stupid/dumb/ignorant.
Whether that's what a soul is to you I don't know.
I prefer consciousness.
Robots will eventually be made to have a conscious, but it'll be a while. Especially since people don't know how to make robots think correctly.

Hoo-man Logic:
I'mma mek a robat that has preprogrammed responses and it'll be just like me!

How It Should Work:
We should not program instances, instead, set up all the sounds and words and program it to figure it out. All we are is a set of instructions being completed, we think we are something special because the instructions tell us to do so, and we are not actually special. You are a puppet being controlled by the subconscious, it's no surprise we aren't any better than a cat or squirrel. The only reason we are so advanced is because we learned about fire, and possibly partially due to the fact that we lived in a savannah.

Oh, and if you don't like this argument I'mma help you. I forget what it's called, but I'm just going to state that I'm a psychopath and you're going to buy it and think that I'm wrong because I'm crazy or something like that.
If you don't want to fall for it, then I suggest you do your research.
11/01/2016 3:30 pm
JediJerboa
Don't know why you would ask this on a Minecraft forum website tho.
11/01/2016 3:18 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Ladybug
Xenoniuss
A soul does not exist. Instead we have a consciousness, which, according to the Oxford dictionary means:"The fact of awareness by the mind of itself and the world" in this case. Which a computer does not have yet.

So I don't exactly know what you want with this post, but that's my answer ^^
11/01/2016 3:29 pm
JediJerboa
Um, I think you may have misinterpreted that definition. This just means being aware of what is happening around you physically. A soul is a better definition, as the soul is defined as " a person's deeply felt moral and emotional nature" or "the ability of a person to feel kindness and sympathy for others, to appreciate beauty and art, etc."
So yeah, souls exist. They represent the morals one upholds and their ability to feel sympathy and recognize beauty.

Robots cannot do this, as they are programmed by a human, and therefore, are not capable of individuality.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome