Alienware 14?

John Buck's Avatar John Buck1/6/14 6:34 pm
1/9/2014 2:17 pm
cakeface's Avatar cakeface
Is a Alienware 14 a good gaming laptop?
If it's not, what is?
John Buck
Level 30 : Artisan Pixel Painter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/09/2014 2:17 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Cake
cakeface
chillblast.com

They are not overpriced and they are amazing. I own one. Trust me get one of these.
01/09/2014 2:14 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
SirDevin
I agree about the cooling, and if you don't have the money then don't bother, but if you do have the money then totally worth it. John Buck said he wanted a laptop, I didn't say he should necessarily get a laptop because of course a desktop will be better. But he said he wanted a laptop and I don't blame him because of portability. So therefore he should have a dedicated gpu because the alternative is super lame.
01/09/2014 2:11 pm
Level 20 : Expert Pirate
Bleyd
Kaev
SirDevin-snip-

-SNIPPA GOOD-

In conclusion:
Overpriced
Horrible cooling
Overpriced
Laptop
Overpriced
Way too much money

You forgot to mention that they are expensive.
01/09/2014 2:05 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Programmer
nickfromgreece
I wouldnt suggest alienware they are too overpriced for what they offer.
01/09/2014 2:05 pm
Level 20 : Expert Pirate
Bleyd
"Gaming laptop"

01/09/2014 2:04 pm
SirDevin
Have you ever played on an Alienware? Best...gaming...experience...ever!
01/09/2014 2:00 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Pokemon
Snowdrift128
SirDevin...Alienware is the best computer and laptop brand other than custom of course...

You're acting like other boutique companies don't exist :\
01/09/2014 1:53 pm
SirDevin
You are all wrong. Alienware is the best computer and laptop brand other than custom of course. Its not just about cpu speed and RAM specs, you have to go into the hardware itself to see the difference. Alienware laptops have way more dedicated memory and bus terminals for quick computing at ridiculous FPS. The actual structure of it out performs any other brand. My suggestion is to save for the alienware 17 though. There is a big difference.
01/09/2014 2:10 pm
Level 26 : Expert Cake
eccsdee
Um... They complained about the price. It's all good saying they're powerful, but you can't deny that they're not overpriced.
01/09/2014 2:08 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Network
Kaev
Obviously it's not just about CPU and RAM. Alienware, is overpriced for what they give you, and it's a laptop, even worse. The fact that they try to fit in dedicated GPUs in their is just unbelievable and dumb. There is barely any room for airflow as everything is so packed tightly together. It may be fast, but it certainly ain't worth it, and ain't that durable. And in my opinion, Alienware's designs for their computers are horrible. They just made such a bad name of themselves, that it just looks like a glowing plastic box.

In conclusion:
Overpriced
Horrible cooling
Overpriced
Laptop
Overpriced
Way too much money
01/06/2014 6:44 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
PryorJordanN
if you are getting something to game on, I suggest building a desktop just my opinion but if you need a "Gaming" Laptop go ASUS or the Razer laptop - yes razor's laptop is overpriced but Razer is Reliable.
01/06/2014 6:42 pm
Level 44 : Master Wolf Whisperer
ImaLittleCreeper
My alienware serves its purpose. I'm more than happy with it.
01/06/2014 6:39 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Zombie
planetminecrafter52342
They're over priced for what they are. Look into an ASUS gaming laptop. They may not look as good, but they match in power/or are better. They are also generally cheaper than alienware.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome