Are shooter games horrible?

GalexyPacks's Avatar GalexyPacks2/22/19 8:56 pm
5/16/2019 2:16 pm
busterdogtnt's Avatar busterdogtnt
Now we've all heard of at least one of these games. Fortnite, Call of Duty, Halo. Shooter game are what most people play. However, what do Minecrafters think of them? As what I've seen from people that actually like Minecraft (not many people), they seem to think shooter games are horrible.

Me? I wish I could turn all of those games into a piece of paper, crumble it up, shred it, burn it, and so on for the rest it's existence. But, what do you think?
GalexyPacks
Level 21 : Expert Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/22/2019 9:08 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
XCC_Logatto
I've played CS:GO, Fortnite and Rainbow 6 Seige, and they're all fun as balls.
What I don't like is people blindly hating them for no appearant reason, seriously, you've probably never played any FPS or TPS title and you despise them. Why? Because they don't suit you?Games weren't made to appeal to everybody ever. Fornite and CS were made for different audiences than people who play Minecraft.
Now I have a question for you.
Why do you hate them so much? I genuinely don't get it.
02/23/2019 11:58 am
GalexyPacks
The main reason I dislike them is because what does it teach you? To run around, find guns, shoot people/monsters at random, and try it in real life. Have you seen how many of those games inspired people to go around, and kill people?

I guess, I see where you are coming from maybe, they're still not 100% my type. And yes I've played some. Just, I stick with Minecraft mostly, because it's not overly violent, and you don't shoot people without ruining the original purpose of the game.
02/24/2019 3:51 am
Level 42 : Master Modder
Toma1O6
Everybody likes something different. I don't mind these games personally.
Also I don't agree at all with "these games inspired people to go and shoot others". That doesn't make really sense, since most people I know are playing shooters and everybody is normal person in their life. I've never felt need to go out and start shooting. People who kill others are usually mentally ill and they like to say that's because of games and then some parents who don't like shooters like to say that all shooters should be banned. This kind of logic can be applied to every game. Even Minecraft. But have you seen someone try to punch tree and attempt to build house from that? Or hunt some animals?
I absolutely hate when people say something should be removed just because they don't like it. It's their opinion and it should stay with that.
05/16/2019 3:58 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Miner
Darth_Makroth
for me, i dont blindly hate them. i played them, found it boring and was OK then all of their fans were like 'eww you play minecraft yuck you idiot' and fyi thats pretty much everyone in my year, so im OK with the game i can play it, i dont get pulled towards it though but the community for me is so toxic and it made me not like it, i dont go around making hate speech about them though. I have played C-OPS thats a FPS and i played it for like 6 months and i didnt go round to people judging them because of what game they play, i just feel confused why pretty much all Fortnite players are so toxic to minecraft players.
02/22/2019 9:45 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Pokemon
Noibat
it all depends on the game, and it also depends on a persons interests/likes/taste.

personally - i enjoy a few older fps, but not too many of newer ones.
i also enjoy a variety of other games, but i will stay on topic and leave it as that.
02/24/2019 8:44 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Blacksmith
Geeri
I don't hate these games because they're bad (crappy graphics, etc), I hate them because the community is bad.
02/26/2019 9:09 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
Quite
It depends on invidual game.
02/25/2019 1:49 pm
Level 87 : Elite Deity
Captain_JEK
I found that it trained my reaction time and keeping an eye everywhere because you never know where the enemies hide...
But after some time it got boring because it was the same over and over again.
So, for me they're good but not extremely great (because of the boredom point). I think they aren't bad either because playing a shooter game had some positive effects on me.
02/25/2019 1:24 pm
Level 24 : Expert Robot
C0okies_n_Cream
for me it depends on the shooter game like I really like pixile gun 3d but fortnight no
02/24/2019 5:22 am
Level 42 : Master uwu
Woodstockk
imagine getting upset because other people like a specific type of game that might not appeal to you.
05/16/2019 4:21 am
Level 55 : Grandmaster Sus
amalien
a truly Wild concept
02/23/2019 9:37 pm
Level 49 : Master Enderdragon
The FaiyaBLAST
I think that many of these shooter games are much too realistic and (although personally I am against this opinion if it applies to all video games) may actually make players go out and *accidentally* harm others. Stuff like Fortnite and Splatoon turn that right down though as they're meant for younger people, so I guess they can be ruled out from this.
02/25/2019 10:34 am
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Demolitionist
busterdogtnt
Shooter games are not realistic at all.
05/16/2019 3:51 am
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
05/16/2019 2:16 pmhistory
busterdogtnt
If a game can fully represent combat or even realistic conditions it would not be a fun game.

Would you like to wait for 2 days to fight an enemy for 15 minutes? Of which you get zero kills and don’t see your enemy. How about the feeling of climbing a hill with 30kg worth of gear?

Even with the best graphics on a 4K computer and monitor couldn't compete with the real thing. A game will not bring you the sights, the smells, the way the air feels, the adrenaline, the 60 pounds of shit you are carrying, the sand in your teeth, or the sweat making your ass crack itch…

Video games do none of this. You’ll never know what it's like to watch a father holding his dead 9 year old girl after a car bomb and see his eyes asking Why and see him so totally overcome with grief that his legs won't hardly hold him up…

War is not exciting. It's horrifying
02/23/2019 5:26 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Unicorn
ThatBroadwayDoggo_
To be honest I only really like splatoon (No hate to anyone who loves shooters)
02/24/2019 12:26 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Professor
Eli the Zeratoed
Same. Though I hate other unoriginal first person shooters, I just kind of tolerate their existence because I can just play other games that can be non-shooter based like Mario, Rayman, Gex (who remembers Gex, anyways) or even Pokemon.
02/23/2019 9:38 pm
Level 49 : Master Enderdragon
The FaiyaBLAST
The only shooter I can and will play.
02/23/2019 8:49 pm
GalexyPacks
I'm fine with the people, they're okay.
02/23/2019 4:58 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
eggpudding
splatoon is my personal favorite shooter since the gritty look of most shooters just arent for me...its all about taste i think!
02/22/2019 10:10 pm
Level 41 : Master Fish
Miickster
oh HELL THEY ARE THE BEST GAMES EVER

THE ADRENALINE RUSHING THROUGH YOUR BOdY AS YOU LAND A HEADSHOT IS LIFE
05/16/2019 4:20 am
Level 55 : Grandmaster Sus
amalien
well i literally grew up playing the original doom games, so i may be biased
05/16/2019 3:47 am
Darth_Makroth
personally i think they arent good, like PUBG is kinda boring, fortnite is kinda boring. most are money makers, minecraft pvp is kinda boring but at least it has interesting themes ect. so i voted they're bad, iv only really played critical OPS and i got bored after a few months, i liked running a clan ect in it. interesting subject
05/16/2019 3:30 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Crafter
Rutabagakid
depends on the game
02/26/2019 1:12 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Loremaster
living_doodle
It depends on what it is, really. I love the Splatoon series, but I know for sure I don't like the bloody and gory games.
02/26/2019 10:09 am
Level 32 : Artisan Explorer
TheCyanShyGuy
eh depends on the game Fortnite:ew no thank you CoD: never played it nor do i really care to Halo:again never played it and dont really care to

ots kinda fun to take texture packs, commands and OP weapons and make a war. PvE you with one OP weapon against almost 100 mobs. try it its fun
02/25/2019 1:46 pm
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Robot
Nitrox Nova
Different strokes for different folks. I'm assuming you live in the free world (non communist country), I just have to wonder why you willingly give up any freedom, no matter how small. Not just the freedom to play the game, but the freedom to develop and make money from the game as well. Once government has their hands in it, you will not like the outcome.
02/24/2019 4:52 am
Level 31 : Artisan Explorer
adg155
If there is NO SHOOTER GAMES, there would be NO BOWS/CROSSBOWS and TRIDENTS in Minecraft! You know that right? Bows are great
02/24/2019 1:36 pm
GalexyPacks
By shooter, I mean guns
02/24/2019 6:41 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Explorer
adg155
Yeah crossbow is a gun
05/16/2019 3:51 am
Darth_Makroth
its crossbow is a bow
02/22/2019 9:55 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Princess
Dexe
I don't mind em
02/22/2019 9:35 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Zombie
RockinReptite
As far as I'm concerned, it depends on the game. For example, I think that every Halo game until 343 Industries took over were all really good, even if they're probably a bit old now. Also, I would consider each of the games that form the Metroid Prime trilogy to be shooters (as almost all of the combat is carried out like a shooter) and these games are all much better than any other shooter in my personal opinion. In fact, I often find myself replaying them because they're all so good. Then there's Fortnite. I've never personally played it, but I can't see what all the hype about the game is, and I could really do without knowing about it, personally. But, it exists, and we all have to put up with it.
02/22/2019 9:23 pmhistory
busterdogtnt
I shoot guns in real life and hunt big game.

But I also play Minestrike (Minecraft’s version of CSGO).
02/23/2019 6:17 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Artist
Antiquez
Ah yeah Minestrike is really good
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome