Coding an official iphone/android app.

MrCreeperXD's Avatar MrCreeperXD1/8/14 10:56 pm
1 emeralds 255 8
1/11/2014 3:40 am
Killertoad's Avatar Killertoad
Soo, pretty much, I am a beginner coder and I need recommendations for what type of app I should make, and which program I should use. I vaguely know javascript and C++, and advanced boolean logic. I'm still in the process of learning so don't get mad if I don't understand something. But yeah anyways, I need recommendations. Thanks!
MrCreeperXD
Level 20 : Expert Dragonborn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/11/2014 3:40 am
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
Hypnos_Javascript is useless in my opinion

How is it useless? I use it quite regularly, in websites, games, modding?
01/08/2014 11:04 pm
Level 27 : Expert Toast
Hypnos_
Javascript is useless in my opinion (i am a professional ruby coder and almost professional python coder and am fairly good with php and know a little about almost every coding language) C++ is ok. Make a minecraft skin maker with a viewer of how the skin you made looks. Begginer - Amatuer level.
01/08/2014 11:03 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Crafter
CanIHazBlog
I would recommend programming computer applications first. Get a firm grasp of the language before you invest money in the Apple/Andriod Market.

Check out:
SFML
SDL
Allegro

Later:
OpenGL
Windows API

These are all great libraries for either dealing with games or graphics on a PC. If you need an idea of what to do, try:
- Tetris
- Text-based RPG game (can be made to be more advanced than you'd think)
- Pong
- Sand emulator (click to make sand, have a simple physics engine deal with the sand)

If you need any help, be sure to contact me! I've had three(ish) years of experience with C++ and Java, with some other for-fun languages on the side.

Also, if you need to figure out what language you plan to use, there are a few main things to look for:

If you like making a fast, efficient application that compiles directly into a .exe, go with C++.

If you like simple, easy to learn, extremely powerful, cross-platform language, go with Java (also, Minecraft is coded in Java, so you can make mods once you understand a little).

If you are doing web based applications:
- Javascript is client-side, to edit the looks of the web page.
- PHP, Python, Ruby, Pearl, and other scripting languages are server-side, to deal with databases and stuff of that sort

There are other languages out there, and I encourage you to learn a bunch to widen your knowledge of programming!
01/08/2014 11:13 pm
Level 20 : Expert Dragonborn
MrCreeperXD
Thanks, Really helped. Seems like Pong would be easiest using what I already know, So I'll try that first I've been looking at some web tutorials lately but most of the ones I've seen are pretty bad. My computer science teacher has helped me alot though.
01/08/2014 11:01 pm
Level 20 : Expert Ranger
Starguy
and javascript for coding websites
01/08/2014 11:07 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Pixel Painter
Kioki
hai dere
01/08/2014 11:08 pm
Starguy
We meet again on the forums
01/08/2014 11:00 pm
Starguy
c++ if its a computer program for now and i think c++ is capable with ios and android so if it is i reccomend c++
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome