My game.

Jedi's Avatar Jedi7/6/15 12:48 pm
7/23/2015 10:09 pm
Azie's Avatar Azie
My game is a first person city life simulator, unlike games like GTA it has rich business mechanics, a stunning parkour system, massive player customization, stunning destruction physics, and stunning graphics with Unreal 4.

No it won't be free, yes it will have multiplayer(eventually), and no I don't have current screenshots.

I'm making it with Unreal Engine 4.8.

I'll be posting screenshots pretty soon.

A bit about me
I'm a digital artist and programmer, I've been making smaller games all my life and its time I make something bigger, something that will make a mark in gaming history.

I have over 4 years of programming experience, and 2 years of modelling experience.

And no I don't want help.

I don't feed trolls, jerks, or anything of the like.

Do NOT say "Get other people to help you", I'm fine on my own.

screenshots
Jedi
Level 29 : Expert Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

OfficiallBlox
07/06/2015 12:50 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
Keep us updated
Jedi
07/06/2015 12:55 pm
I Intend to.
07/06/2015 1:18 pm
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
Jedi
07/06/2015 1:20 pm
I cannot give a fixed price at this point in time.
okoloto
07/06/2015 1:23 pm
Level 27 : Expert Dragonborn
Why did you make a new post about it?
Jedi
07/06/2015 1:25 pm
This is actually the third post, and because the old post had 75 pages of incorrect information.
kilokreeper
07/06/2015 1:34 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
JediMy game is a first person city life simulator, unlike games like GTA it has rich business mechanics, a stunning parkour system, massive player customization, stunning destruction physics, and stunning graphics with Unreal 4.

So, you're gonna do all that with less than a millionth of the budget of GTA. Good luck.

Jedi
No it won't be free, yes it will have multiplayer(eventually), and no I don't have current screenshots.

I won't pay ANY money for some amateur game. You think you're gonna make money off that?

Jedi

Unreal engine isn't a good engine. Use Unity. *Trust me I've used both*

Jedi

A bit about me
I'm a digital artist and programmer, I've been making smaller games all my life and its time I make something bigger, something that will make a mark in gaming history.

I have over 4 years of programming experience, and 2 years of modelling experience.

You might not want it, but you need it. In order to make a game like GTA, you need to program TONS. (no joke) GTA has like 100 programmers and comes out every 2 or so years. You are one person, so if you worked at the same efficiency as one of those programmers it would take 200 years. Okay, that's probably wrong, but it would still take WAY too long even if you correctly estimated.

UPDATE: And if you don't play minecraft anymore, get off this website.
zoecGxhbmV0bWluZWNyYWZ0
07/06/2015 1:39 pm
Level 21 : Expert Ninja
kilokreeper
JediMy game is a first person city life simulator, unlike games like GTA it has rich business mechanics, a stunning parkour system, massive player customization, stunning destruction physics, and stunning graphics with Unreal 4.

So, you're gonna do all that with less than a millionth of the budget of GTA. Good luck.

Jedi

I won't pay ANY money for some amateur game. You think you're gonna make money off that?

Jedi

Jedi

A bit about me

You might not want it, but you need it. In order to make a game like GTA, you need to program TONS. (no joke) GTA has like 100 programmers and comes out every 2 or so years. You are one person, so if you worked at the same efficiency as one of those programmers it would take 200 years. Okay, that's probably wrong, but it would still take WAY too long even if you correctly estimated.

Alright, we got some bait.

How many excellent games have been done with small budgets? Many, many, many.

Uh, amateur game? Let's see, wasn't that Minecraft? Papers, Please? Don't Starve?

Dude, Unreal 4 looks unreal-ly good. Like insane good. Looking at your profile, I'm not ready to believe you can use Unity.

'If you don't play Minecraft, get off this site'
Heard of the 'General Discussion' board? LOADS of people here stopped playing Minecraft, myself included.

Please keep your poorly backed opinion to yourself.
Johnanater
07/06/2015 1:41 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Taco
Click to reveal
kilokreeper

Jedi

Jedi

Jedi

A bit about me

Bruh, don't hate on him.

@OP Keep us updated! I'd love to see the finished product!
Jedi
07/06/2015 1:47 pm
Johnanater
Click to reveal
kilokreeper

Jedi

Jedi

Jedi

A bit about me

Bruh, don't hate on him.

@OP Keep us updated! I'd love to see the finished product!

Thanks! I'll be posting a few pictures later today.
anonpmc1231920
07/06/2015 2:22 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
[deleted]
okoloto
07/06/2015 2:29 pm
Level 27 : Expert Dragonborn
You should put this on kickstarter
nikh
07/06/2015 2:31 pm
Will it be appropriate? How violent will it be, and would it be rated PG, PG-13, or M+, etc...
Jedi
07/06/2015 3:18 pm
It won't contain inappropriate content or strong language, it will contain some violence.

It will NOT be getting rated by the ESRB or PEGI.

Probably teen for alcohol use, violent content etc.
Pikachu089
07/06/2015 4:57 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
Jedi, I think you could probably do a really good job. If you need help advertising or getting new ideas, or even just some more support, I'm right here! Although I can truthfully say I don't know how to program yet (I'm actually learning how!)
Dialga
07/06/2015 4:58 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Princess
So is this a one man project?
If so and you stay true to your word about stunning graphics you are some computer God
Jedi
07/06/2015 5:53 pm
I've had some help here and there.
serdarminecraft
07/20/2015 5:05 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Warrior
Unreal engine 4 makes those graphics stunning. Not jedi.
Jedi
07/20/2015 5:37 pm
If I couldn't model or texture, unreal would have no graphics whatsoever.
Woodilicious
07/06/2015 5:00 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
Best of luck to you and this project
alan
07/06/2015 6:00 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Pixel Puncher
Look forward to it! most definitely going to get it!
Jedi
07/06/2015 6:24 pm
I was messing around with some gun mechanics and in the process, invented a weird game.. Basketcube its basically basketball with instead of a ball, its a cube..

No it won't be in the final game.
Malaionus
07/06/2015 7:34 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Dragon
Awwww
_Hellcat_
07/20/2015 5:45 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Toast
Yeah, you should put it in a little Easter egg or something.
Jedi
07/20/2015 10:49 pm
Not a bad idea.
Jedi
07/06/2015 6:51 pm
Update:
Started making inventory system
Started modelling AK
Started modelling pistol
Jacob Rigoberto
07/16/2015 3:01 pm
Level 43 : Master Pokemon
But then I have to ask a question, do you have permission from the gun manufacturers to use their gun names?
Jedi
07/16/2015 3:02 pm
I can't use terms like Glock, but names like M9 and M1911 are made by multiple manufacturers, and are not trademarked.

EDIT: I like ur MS paint avatar.
Jacob Rigoberto
07/16/2015 3:22 pm
Level 43 : Master Pokemon
Fair enough, be careful though. Well, EA have ignored the right of the gun manufacturers, so I don't think they'll make indie developers high priority.

And thanks for the comment on "my" avatar. My friend made it spring 2013 in MS Paint. Heh, @KJ is a lasting inside joke within our group.
Cjak41
07/06/2015 7:19 pm
Level 29 : Expert Pirate
This is weird, but do you think we could skype or something just so i could stay updated, also maybe i could advertise for you?
Jedi
07/06/2015 8:25 pm
No thanks.
kilokreeper
07/06/2015 7:59 pm
thenubslayer2000
kilokreeper

Jedi

Jedi

Jedi

A bit about me

Alright, we got some bait.

How many excellent games have been done with small budgets? Many, many, many.

Uh, amateur game? Let's see, wasn't that Minecraft? Papers, Please? Don't Starve?

Dude, Unreal 4 looks unreal-ly good. Like insane good. Looking at your profile, I'm not ready to believe you can use Unity.

'If you don't play Minecraft, get off this site'
Heard of the 'General Discussion' board? LOADS of people here stopped playing Minecraft, myself included.

Please keep your poorly backed opinion to yourself.

I'm done arguing with you. I've got better things to do.
Explorer Paul
07/06/2015 8:29 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Architect
Sounds pretty cool. What would the price range be because I would really want to buy it! I cant wait to see some screenshots and gameplay videos!
10Andrew
07/06/2015 8:32 pm
Level 42 : Master Nether Knight
Jedi

I don't feed trolls, jerks, or anything of the like.

Sounds like you have had a few people who were less the positive about your game... Anyway, sounds like it could be a good! Just stick with, I hope you do well! Maybe when it's out I might even try it out.
Creator126
07/06/2015 8:46 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
I am going to start off by saying this post will tear your idea to shreds. I only feel like this is right thing to do, because I have seen a lot of people let down over the years, and the scope of this project that you are trying to make, its beyond reasonable.

I have been a game developer for more than 6 years. I started small, making simple art for my projects and using some of the most basic tools found online. I have come very far from that point, and now I make games that I don't even publish because I either loose sight of the point, or just don't feel like its polished enough. I get that you are young and ambitious, but I beg you, please start smaller.

Unreal Engine is not a good starting engine. You need C++ knowledge, you need a team of artists and level designers. UE is not a solo developer tool, hence why lots of triple A title game companies use, because they have the man power in order to make something great with it.

I know what it is like to want to make something massive. To want to create your own title and publish it to thousands of supporting people, but things like this, that won't ever make it out of the prototype phase are not good projects do go solo at. If I had to guess on a fair price point if the game where to ever be released, I would put it at well over $2500 because of the hours and hours of work put into it, that is if it even lives to what you have promised us all.

Do what you like with this information. If you still really want to continue on, despite what I said, go for it, just don't be upset when people stop taking you seriously because you have not held up your end of the promise in the end. I really want people to become better developers. I love to watch communities grow around games that they had played since the alpha version. I know all you want is to make a truly great game, but this is not the place to start.

Best of Luck or Skill
-Creator
Death
07/06/2015 8:51 pm
Level 25 : Expert Grump
^ This.. this is very true.

Edit -- Didn't see your response before posting this, way to not listen.
Jedi
07/06/2015 9:50 pm
I listened, I just couldn't think of a response, part of me said "thanks!", the other said "Ok?" and well.

I can live with my response
kilokreeper
07/07/2015 7:16 am
THANK YOU.
forgot about you
07/07/2015 8:48 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
If you are going to stay here making pointless posts and giving dumb/false info, leave. You two had close to none of the same points, but even if you did, you were a complete jerk about it. Not even that but your posts were knowledgeless and didn't back up any points.
On a side note...
Good job, OP. What Creator said is absolutely true, you definitely want to start with a smaller game. If you don't want to, then good luck!
Jedi
07/06/2015 8:50 pm
Creator126I am going to start off by saying this post will tear your idea to shreds. I only feel like this is right thing to do, because I have seen a lot of people let down over the years, and the scope of this project that you are trying to make, its beyond reasonable.

I have been a game developer for more than 6 years. I started small, making simple art for my projects and using some of the most basic tools found online. I have come very far from that point, and now I make games that I don't even publish because I either loose sight of the point, or just don't feel like its polished enough. I get that you are young and ambitious, but I beg you, please start smaller.

Unreal Engine is not a good starting engine. You need C++ knowledge, you need a team of artists and level designers. UE is not a solo developer tool, hence why lots of triple A title game companies use, because they have the man power in order to great something great with it.

I know what it is like to want to make something massive. To want to create your own title and publish it to thousands of supporting people, but things like this, that won't ever make it out of the prototype phase are not good projects do go solo at. If I had to guess on a fair price point if the game where to ever be released, I would put it at well over $2500 because of the hours and hours of work put into it, that is if it even lives to what you have promised us all.

Do what you like with this information. If you still really want to continue on, despite what I said, go for it, just don't be upset when people stop taking you seriously because you have not held up your end of the promise in the end. I really want people to become better developers. I love to watch communities grow around games that they had played since the alpha version. I know all you want is to make a truly great game, but this is not the place to start.

Best of Luck or Skill
-Creator

Error 404, response not found.
Creator126
07/06/2015 9:00 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
JediError 404, response not found.

I am not trying to tell you not be a developer or to stop dreaming big. I am just trying to convince you to start smaller. A simple game can become a very big thing over night.

Look at Call of Duty. Its a super huge game, played all over the world, but it has 1 very basic mechanic. A first person shooter. Point and shoot. Nothing to it. The kill streaks and load out system are all secondary to what the game really is. If you make a solid core mechanic to a game, something that people love to play with, then everything you make after will just seem like a bonus to them, you get what I am saying?
Jedi
07/06/2015 9:49 pm
Creator126
JediError 404, response not found.

I am not trying to tell you not be a developer or to stop dreaming big. I am just trying to convince you to start smaller. A simple game can become a very big thing over night.

Look at Call of Duty. Its a super huge game, played all over the world, but it has 1 very basic mechanic. A first person shooter. Point and shoot. Nothing to it. The kill streaks and load out system are all secondary to what the game really is. If you make a solid core mechanic to a game, something that people love to play with, then everything you make after will just seem like a bonus to them, you get what I am saying?

Yep.
serdarminecraft
07/07/2015 6:47 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Warrior
Hey uh. Just wanted to say im still looking forward to the game, i havent posted for a while on the other post. I was banned from the forums for a month. I know you dont care, just wanted to say.

PS: You dont need to reply if you dont want to. Just wanted to say im not dead and still supporting this game and the developer.
BTW i still think unity is a better engine FOR A SOLO DEVELOPER
LuxLacis
07/07/2015 8:10 am
Level 42 : Master Fox
All I can say is good luck and keep us updated Hopefully you'll produce something.
ASF
07/07/2015 9:03 am
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
Posting just to follow. This sounds awesome!
Jedi
07/07/2015 8:48 pm
Making good progress, inventory system complete.

I'm now working on the money and shopping systems, which will obviously take a while as they are significant features.
DarkEyeDragon
07/07/2015 9:06 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Programmer
kilokreeper

Jedi

Jedi

Jedi

A bit about me

Uhm Unreal Engine not a good Engine? Are you kidding me? Google ARK: Survival evolved. Its in Alpha and its already better than half of the simular games. Just saying.

And regarding the OP. I doubt this is gonna work out if you're doing it all alone. Get some help dude. Seriously. Get a team and do your thing. And if you want to publish your game. You HAVE to let it get age rated.

Good luck!
Jedi
07/07/2015 9:10 pm
Update:

Added health and stamina system complete with HUD indicators.

I'll be making it look better in the future.
Jedi
07/07/2015 9:14 pm
DarkEyeDragon
kilokreeper

Jedi

Jedi

Jedi

A bit about me

Uhm Unreal Engine not a good Engine? Are you kidding me? Google ARK: Survival evolved. Its in Alpha and its already better than half of the simular games. Just saying.

And regarding the OP. I doubt this is gonna work out if you're doing it all alone. Get some help dude. Seriously. Get a team and do your thing. And if you want to publish your game. You HAVE to let it get age rated.

Good luck!

Since you've already mentioned ARK, it hasn't been ESRB rated, and its selling like hot cakes.

As for going it alone, I have a weird mentality. Games like GTA take 2-4 years to make because if one guy wants to add a feature he has to ask another guy who asks another guy who asks another guy instead of just doing it. Not a proven fact, but a theory.

I can handle the art and code aspects, so I really don't see a need for a team at this point.

Also I can't afford to employ other game developers..

EDIT:
Unturned was made by a single high school student, and it turned out just fine.
Kioki
07/07/2015 9:24 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Pixel Painter
If you would like, yes I realize you said you don't need any help, but I can help you with your game by making a logo design for it, heck I could even redesign the health bar. Also don't be shy to deny my help if you seriously don't want any help. I am not good at making models, but I would say i'm pretty decent at making logos and such. I don't want any money, all I want is a mention of my name in the game, that is if you even do want my help. Anyways looks like a fun game!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome