1

2D Platformer Indev version 0.3

Bisquit •4/2/16 5:55 pm
•
913
•
4/5/2016 4:01 pm
Hi amazing people of Planet Minecraft i made a 2D Platformer in Unity i don't have a name yet for the game but it is still indev(In Development) and i would like your opinions on it. Please tell me if there are any bugs or things i should add.
Soon i will add enemies that you could fight and an level editor.

I will add the summary later down in the development since the game is still in the planning stages for the gameplay aspect but i know that it will involve fighting enemies.

Pictures:
Click to reveal


The area to run around in is small since i started developing the game April 1st, 2016 at about 9 P.M EST


The controls are A & D or Left and Right arrows to move left or right and the space bar is to jump, Escape is to pause the game.

Here is the download link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hnfw79shzruon6w/Game.zip?dl=1

Website:
http://renstudios.x10.mx/

Resources:
I've got the sprites from http://opengameart.org/
Posted by
Bisquit
Level 16 : Journeyman Network
52

  Have something to say?

Join • Sign in

23

Bisquit
• 04/05/2016 4:01 pm
• Level 16 : Journeyman Network
Sorry for no updates about 0.4 i had a lot on my plate like school and i started from the beginning since i was running into problems with the animator and now the animator seems to be working fine so update should be out later today or this week.
1
ssproad
• 04/04/2016 12:24 pm
• Level 2 : Apprentice Mage
Nice.
1
Bisquit
• 04/04/2016 9:01 am
• Level 16 : Journeyman Network
I'm having trouble with the animator since it doesn't want to make the turret work since i coded the turret ai and the turret animation stopped working.
1
Spectre
• 04/03/2016 11:54 pm
• Level 54 : Grandmaster Mage
Looks good.
1
Bisquit
• 04/03/2016 8:56 pm
• Level 16 : Journeyman Network
Update 0.4 almost finished about 90% finished but while i was working on it this happened.



Its too strong.
1
Bisquit
• 04/03/2016 3:09 pm
• Level 16 : Journeyman Network
I am going to have too delay the update until later tonight because i am running into problems with the character.
1
starcatcher77
• 04/03/2016 3:04 pm
• Level 16 : Journeyman Architect
I'd probably use your own assets... Cause you will get a lot of backlash for using internet sourced sprites.
1
Bisquit
• 04/03/2016 3:08 pm
• Level 16 : Journeyman Network
I don't have any of my own assets since I'm horrible at making sprites and i only use opengameart.org for the sprites everything else is made from scratch.
1
starcatcher77
• 04/03/2016 4:01 pm
• Level 16 : Journeyman Architect
Same here bro, a guy up there offered to make assets doe (:
1
Bisquit
• 04/03/2016 4:22 pm
• Level 16 : Journeyman Network
I'm gonna take up his/her offer soon since i just wanna get some things out of the way in the game.
1
anonpmc1231920
• 04/03/2016 11:32 am
• Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
[deleted]
1
Bisquit
• 04/03/2016 11:39 am
• Level 16 : Journeyman Network
Ya sorry about that i found the same one as yours and i liked it so thats why i picked it and i forgot about that text i stupid lel.
1
anonpmc1231920
• 04/03/2016 12:11 pm
• Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
[deleted]
1
anonpmc1793855
• 04/03/2016 11:09 am
• Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
[deleted]
1
Bisquit
• 04/03/2016 11:17 am
• Level 16 : Journeyman Network
I might need help soon since I'm going to start making more areas to walk around. I'll pm you.
1
Bisquit
• 04/03/2016 11:05 am
• Level 16 : Journeyman Network
Game update 0.3:

Added Health
Added Health UI(Can only be seen on 1920x1080 from my experience)

Download Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hnfw79shzruon6w/Game.zip?dl=1


Game update 0.4 will be the update where you can get hurt and your health will go down and more features.
1
Bisquit
• 04/03/2016 9:19 am
• Level 16 : Journeyman Network
bump
1
Bisquit
• 04/02/2016 11:45 pm
• Level 16 : Journeyman Network
Update:

Got a website

URL:

http://renstudios.x10.mx/
1
Bisquit
• 04/02/2016 10:42 pm
• Level 16 : Journeyman Network
Update 0.2:
Added pause menu
Added double jump (Tap space bar twice)
Added "Fake" friction
Player no longer gets stuck to the wall
Camera Follows you.

Download link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hnfw79shzruon6w/Game.zip?dl=1
1
ImHealthyWC
• 04/02/2016 6:19 pm
• Level 9 : Apprentice Explorer
Awesome base idea.
For future ideas/complaint/good things you did
Mandatory (Make a website or a blog)
I Like the Sprinting animation, keep it please
What is he holding?
I hope the floor is just a base please.
1
Bisquit
• 04/02/2016 6:22 pm
• Level 16 : Journeyman Network
Yes i will make a website soon.
I will keep the sprinting animation since i also like it.
He is holding these little daggers.
The floor is just a placeholder.
1
TotallyNotMe
• 04/02/2016 6:04 pm
• Level 58 : Grandmaster Architect
Okay, I don't think anyone will download it as there's no proof of it actually being the game you've created.

Put some pictures of it and the theme of the game. What are the characters and what do they do?
1
Bisquit
• 04/02/2016 6:06 pm
• Level 16 : Journeyman Network
Ok will do.
1

Welcome