[Removed]
23
Yes, for a game that hs been made for about a month, I think this is a very impressive start.
I suppose you have already noticed that the character can't turn to the direction he walks at, so you should probably work on that. The other thing that made me feel funny is that you could just walk over mountains.
Right now, in my opinion, all the terrain is quite irrelevant since you can create the world some other time, now you have to focus on making the controls more enjoyable, add some NPC's to kill etc.
I was still pretty disappointed that all the gear the character was wearing was just ripped off of Runescape, but I hope you'll change that once you get more textures.
Of course, if you have time to do it you can always add skills and quests and villages. The hard part is to make skills that don't copy Runescape, so I think you should make it more like Elder Scrolls style; make skills such as Healing Magic, Two-Handed, Enchanting etc.
I suppose you have already noticed that the character can't turn to the direction he walks at, so you should probably work on that. The other thing that made me feel funny is that you could just walk over mountains.
Right now, in my opinion, all the terrain is quite irrelevant since you can create the world some other time, now you have to focus on making the controls more enjoyable, add some NPC's to kill etc.
I was still pretty disappointed that all the gear the character was wearing was just ripped off of Runescape, but I hope you'll change that once you get more textures.
Of course, if you have time to do it you can always add skills and quests and villages. The hard part is to make skills that don't copy Runescape, so I think you should make it more like Elder Scrolls style; make skills such as Healing Magic, Two-Handed, Enchanting etc.
why did you rip the RS client button download?
hmm...whenever i try to exit, it just freezes :/
Are you pressing esc?
no...... :3
Great!
Im a beta tester and loving it so far keep up the good work
Im a beta tester and loving it so far keep up the good work
Alright here's a quick review I've written up:
The game looks promising. I feel in its stage now there is nothing to do but walk around and use your abilities. I can understand that since it's still in development. The map seems really mountainy, which is nice, but more detail could be added such as different biomes. I'd be quite interested if you started in a little village as well, maybe get a starter quest (whether or not it depends on your class as well).
The animations look quite nice as well. I played the warrior and archer, not the mage yet (Never been a fan of mages hehe). The sword swing was a bit too slow, and I'd like to see some way to change that (Maybe with different weapons, of course lighter=better).
Another thing is the volcano. It seems that you get no damage from walking inside it. Also, you can walk up it, considering it's very steep. Same with some of the hills too. Apart from that, I like your progress so far. I'll be favouriting this forum thread for further details.
The game looks promising. I feel in its stage now there is nothing to do but walk around and use your abilities. I can understand that since it's still in development. The map seems really mountainy, which is nice, but more detail could be added such as different biomes. I'd be quite interested if you started in a little village as well, maybe get a starter quest (whether or not it depends on your class as well).
The animations look quite nice as well. I played the warrior and archer, not the mage yet (Never been a fan of mages hehe). The sword swing was a bit too slow, and I'd like to see some way to change that (Maybe with different weapons, of course lighter=better).
Another thing is the volcano. It seems that you get no damage from walking inside it. Also, you can walk up it, considering it's very steep. Same with some of the hills too. Apart from that, I like your progress so far. I'll be favouriting this forum thread for further details.
The game has been released for beta!
Remember guys, I still need ideas for the games. You can help me come up with item ideas, skill ideas, or even monster ideas.
good job btw, im making a 2D strategy/rpg game and i would be glad if you could help
-Cthulhu
-Cthulhu
I'd would help you, but I'm currently working on my own game :l
lol, np i understand
If you need the runic spawn built you can ask me for the job
Spawn built? This isn't Minecraft..
Honestly, its a little to much like Runescape, being a Classic player, its looks very similar. I Love it, brings back memories Ill test for you if you want.
Sir, you are excellent. The only thing you should do is make the game you are creating not a Runescape copy, make it your own game! At least then you won't have Jagex breathing down your neck like they do to everything that has something to do with RS. Anyway, I'm looking forward for your game and will probably even come for Beta testing! Thank you for posting this.
Looks alright. I would much prefer the Classic look if you gave me a choice of which game I wanted to play.
Looks really awesome! Never thought I would see something this great on pmc! Can't wait to see it evolve and release the end stages of devlopment.
Thank you for your feedback
Looks nice. Good job. I can't wait to see the improvements as the project moves along!
As pokebug said, I would play test too. If you would like, I might be able to help develop it aswell.
if u want I would love to be a beta tester of the game, also plz work on classic after releasing runic.
Looks nice , Don't give up !
Have Fun !
Have Fun !
