Are people still interested in Vanilla Survival servers?

TentorIV's Avatar TentorIV5/14/19 4:17 pm
5/17/2019 3:38 am
TentorIV's Avatar TentorIV
Hey all, I've been considering adding survival to my network for a little while now, but not sure how to execute this. I've considered your basic survival server, but feel they are overused, semi-vanilla has always been an option but I feel as though they aren't what people want any more. I'm really wondering though, are people still into Vanilla survival servers? Even just as a place to play with friends, hang out etc. Need a bit of input on this :)

Cheers!
TentorIV
Level 18 : Journeyman Button Pusher

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/16/2019 5:16 pm
Level 43 : Master Pixel Painter
tosutosu
I think vanilla servers are now mainly closed-community-oriented. You need to be integraded quite well in order to be peaceful with other and cooperate together on numerous builds. And it's always better to play with a couple of friends or in an enviroment where it's easy to make new ones, Hermitcraft is a great example of that.
05/17/2019 3:38 am
TentorIV
Wanting to make it an open community just so players can meet and interact with new people, even if they do just play in small groups. I feel a larger community of people would be great for new players, especially those who just join the network.
05/16/2019 6:37 am
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Creeper Hugger
luxmiyu
VERY interested.

But I'm already part of a server, it's pure vanilla (no plugins/mods/datapacks), we're waiting for a stable version for 1.14 to start playing. :3
05/16/2019 11:06 am
TentorIV
Haha nice to know there is a stable community of vanilla players out there. As far as this thread declares, I’ll be opening said server of the network as vanilla. Thanks for the feedback!
05/15/2019 8:38 pmhistory
Level 1 : New Miner
SirSammy
Many people still like Vanilla minecraft servers. Just make sure to have a claiming system, spawn protect it, and maybe have two separate worlds, one Vanilla minecraft and one semi-vanilla. Without claiming systems, it may become like 2b2t without whitelist.
05/16/2019 2:32 am
TentorIV
Thanks for the idea.
05/15/2019 7:06 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Unicorn
Thereal_Atlas
I just dropped the most content rich and best well worked on regular show world on my profile it has a lot of iconic places check it out. -GalaxyMan

and yes i love the challenge of survival.
05/15/2019 4:16 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
Most people are, the problem is that it usually gets boring after some time, unless someone is active and creative enough to keep coming up with new ideas and new stuff to do :D

Otherwise there is also the popular Claimed survival where you can claim a small area (It gets bigger depending on how long you play on the server :p ) Those servers are quite fun.
05/15/2019 12:00 pm
TentorIV
I intend to run monthly competitions and giveaways over our discord for people who can complete a set of challenges over time, just to keep some sort of activities flowing. Claimed survival sounds interesting, though.
05/15/2019 4:16 amhistory
Level 73 : Legendary Modder
dreamCritting
I prefer modded severs but vanilla can still be good, maby with a texture pack,
minehut is good for vanilla servers minehut.com/
05/15/2019 12:07 pm
TentorIV
Not going to lie, modded servers have never intrigued me. But I suppose there is a large community of people who love that so I'll have to consider adding it soon. Leave that thought with me. Thanks for the idea!
05/15/2019 4:11 am
Level 22 : Expert Caveman
Eborik
Well, I think there's still people like that. I usually play ina a Towny server, and there are some people who would not come to the cities, they live in the wilderness, we call them nomads... xD

I guess that pure vanila servers are very hard to find, the people uses to understand vanila servers as Towny ones but with few to none more plugins. Don't know, maybe we all are used to get at least one chunk protected for our chests...
05/15/2019 11:58 am
TentorIV
That's what I love about pure vanilla to be honest, the complete anarchy (don't class me as psycho, please lol) and having to build relationships with people just to let them even access your chests haha.
05/15/2019 12:50 am
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
ive had to start my own server just because i havnt been able to find a pure vanilla server, im not interested in factions, pvp, claiming stuff, teleporting, shops or anything like that maybe im just weired though
05/15/2019 11:57 am
TentorIV
Nope! To each their own. At this rate, it looks like it'll just be a plain vanilla survival server.
05/14/2019 8:04 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc565853
[deleted]
05/15/2019 11:56 am
TentorIV
That's good to hear, to be honest. The only plugin we use is LiteBans to, obviously, manage users who feel the need to harass others, etc.
05/15/2019 8:40 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
SirSammy
Make sure there are several moderators and maybe claims so it is not like 2b2t
05/15/2019 3:07 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc565853
[deleted]
05/15/2019 3:17 pm
TentorIV
Not sure if having the plugin ruins the purpose, but I feel it'll serve its purpose one day.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome