Cipher_Punk's "Ask me nothing" thread.

Cipher_Punk's Avatar Cipher_Punk6/13/13 9:38 pm
1 emeralds 2.2k 98
7/5/2013 11:58 am
Pownaholic's Avatar Pownaholic
Do not ask me questions in this thread. I will not answer any of them.
Cipher_Punk
Retired Moderator
Level 80 : Elite Grump

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Henry_Jekyll
06/13/2013 9:40 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Blacksmith
?tahw rO

Famousie0
06/13/2013 9:41 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragon
This
Nandos
06/13/2013 9:42 pm
Level 21 : Expert Prince
._.
_SquidInThePond_
06/13/2013 9:43 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer
...wut
SkyTechKid
06/13/2013 9:44 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Blacksmith
May I add you on skype?

I will add you regardless.
Cipher_Punk
06/13/2013 9:49 pm
Skype is kinda neat but in terms of functionality it's really lagging way far behind other VOIP clients. I suppose it's convenient to have corporate servers that are always online to connect to, but the command structure for conversation 'admins' is really annoying, there is no tabbed conversation option unless you're using the silly cover-half-your-screen mode, which is sub-par even compared to much older clients like MSN or AIM, and I've always been a little upset that I can't create folders to sort my contacts.

Also people do this really annoying thing where they add me to gigantic group calls so I block most invites from people I don't know or aren't expecting immediately.

ToonTacoWhat's your middle name?

In arabic, it's a cultural trait to be named after your father (ibn ____) and likewise your father might actually change his name to "the father of ____". However, this hasn't always been the case. The arabic word for "son" also means "descendant of" and "bourne of" and has been traditionally used to signify a country, city, or geographical region of birth as well. The same man might go by six or seven distinct 'names' - all of which are considered to be legally accurate.
ToonTaco
06/13/2013 9:44 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Explorer
What's your middle name?
Zeata23
06/13/2013 9:45 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
Good, I didn't want to ask you questions anyway.
ಠ_ಠ

(Note: SARCASM... i don't want to be flamed for a joke)
Cipher_Punk
06/13/2013 9:45 pm
Rawkstarscotty?tahw rO

This one time when I was a kid someone described a local water park as "More fun than a barrel full of monkeys" and I remember thinking to myself that not too many monkeys would actually fit into a barrel together at once. Also they probably wouldn't stay in the barrel, so you'd have to keep a lid on it to really have a barrel full of monkeys. How do the monkeys eat, then? Wouldn't they all be covered in their own feces after just a few short hours? I imagine that, when the lid comes off, they would all try to escape in a hurry, meaning that whoever pulled the lid off would be greeted with a small-scale-stampede of foul-smelling, ill-tempered primates. That doesn't sound like fun at all.

I never went to that water park.
iminer978
06/13/2013 9:46 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Grump
Hey hey hey hey hey since you said we should ask you nothing... nothing?
the_soup
06/13/2013 9:53 pm
Level 72 : Legendary Button Pusher
ToonTaco
06/13/2013 9:54 pm
Cipher_Punk
SkyTechKidMay I add you on skype?

I will add you regardless.

Skype is kinda neat but in terms of functionality it's really lagging way far behind other VOIP clients. I suppose it's convenient to have corporate servers that are always online to connect to, but the command structure for conversation 'admins' is really annoying, there is no tabbed conversation option unless you're using the silly cover-half-your-screen mode, which is sub-par even compared to much older clients like MSN or AIM, and I've always been a little upset that I can't create folders to sort my contacts.

Also people do this really annoying thing where they add me to gigantic group calls so I block most invites from people I don't know or aren't expecting immediately.

ToonTacoWhat's your middle name?

In arabic, it's a cultural trait to be named after your father (ibn ____) and likewise your father might actually change his name to "the father of ____". However, this hasn't always been the case. The arabic word for "son" also means "descendant of" and "bourne of" and has been traditionally used to signify a country, city, or geographical region of birth as well. The same man might go by six or seven distinct 'names' - all of which are considered to be legally accurate.

What's your FIFTH middle name?
Zeata23
06/13/2013 9:55 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
What type of music do you listen to?
azrobert
06/13/2013 10:00 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Ranger
How much time do you spend on PMC on a regular day. Also what is you occupation and do you think the USA [ United States of America] is on the right track? -Az
Cipher_Punk
06/13/2013 10:04 pm
ToonTacoWhat's your FIFTH middle name?

Coincidentally, it was also arabic nations which introduced algebra and advanced calculations to the world during the medieval ages, revolutionizing mathematics and allowing for much greater scientific calculation (which led to the development of several inventions that are often ascribed to Copernicus, Galileo, and Sir Francis Bacon). The word "Algebra" itself is actually an Arabic word, deriven from the verb "جبر", which has several meaning, one of which is "to be educated, noble, or scholarly."

Zeata23What type of music do you listen to?

I was dating a dance instructor for the past few years, but she never taught me any dance moves. I kinda wish I'd asked her to teach me a few before we broke up. Mostly when I go to shows I just headbang or spin glowsticks, because, well... that's easy. I guess skanking and stomp are kinda similar in that respect.

azrobertHow much time do you spend on PMC on a regular day. Also what is you occupation and do you think the USA [ United States of America] is on the right track? -Az

Planet Minecraft is kinda funny community in how it goes through waves of fads. It seems like one member who is generally respected and well known will do something mundane, and then suddenly all of the other kids on the site will attempt to emulate them and do something identical (or near identical). Look at the trends in skinning aesthetics over the past few months to see what I mean.
ToonTaco
06/13/2013 10:06 pm
Cipher_Punk
ToonTacoWhat's your FIFTH middle name?

Coincidentally, it was also arabic nations which introduced algebra and advanced calculations to the world during the medieval ages, revolutionizing mathematics and allowing for much greater scientific calculation (which led to the development of several inventions that are often ascribed to Copernicus, Galileo, and Sir Francis Bacon). The word "Algebra" itself is actually an Arabic word, deriven from the verb "جبر", which has several meaning, one of which is "to be educated, noble, or scholarly."

Zeata23What type of music do you listen to?

I was dating a dance instructor for the past few years, but she never taught me any dance moves. I kinda wish I'd asked her to teach me a few before we broke up. Mostly when I go to shows I just headbang or spin glowsticks, because, well... that's easy.

azrobertHow much time do you spend on PMC on a regular day. Also what is you occupation and do you think the USA [ United States of America] is on the right track? -Az

Planet Minecraft is kinda funny community in how it goes through waves of fads. It seems like one member who is generally respected and well known will do something mundane, and then suddenly all of the other kids on the site will attempt to emulate them and do something identical (or near identical). Look at the trends in skinning aesthetics over the past few months to see what I mean.

What was your grade in math?
the_soup
06/13/2013 10:11 pm
Level 72 : Legendary Button Pusher
_DioM_
06/14/2013 8:58 am
Level 29 : Expert Scribe
You would not believe how much I love this.. My aforementioned love is quite weird, when one stops and thinks.

But don't think, for thinking is dangerous and safety is of utmost importance in any life.
IgnoreMyPostsIwas10
06/16/2013 7:10 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Network
Cipher_Punk
06/13/2013 10:13 pm
ToonTacoWhat was your grade in math?

The first mathematical artifacts ever found was called the Ishango bone. The artifact itself, a femur bone of a large primate (postulated to be a baboon), was named for the region of Africa in which it was found. The bone bears several tally marks scratched into it's surface with a hard object, and holds a small piece of Quartz diamond at one end. The groupings of the tallies indicate that the Paleolithic wielders of the bone were aware not only of counting, but also of numeral systems, and potentially higher mathematical concepts such as multiplication.

the_soup

Monkeyy
06/13/2013 10:14 pm
Level 41 : Master Robot
nothing
ToonTaco
06/13/2013 10:16 pm
Cipher_Punk
ToonTacoWhat was your grade in math?

The first mathematical artifacts ever found was called the Ishango bone. The artifact itself, a femur bone of a large primate (postulated to be a baboon), was named for the region of Africa in which it was found. The bone bears several tally marks scratched into it's surface with a hard object, and holds a small piece of Quartz diamond at one end. The groupings of the tallies indicate that the Paleolithic wielders of the bone were aware not only of counting, but also of numeral systems, and potentially higher mathematical concepts such as multiplication.

the_soup

Where is the femur bone on a cat?
Bleyd
06/13/2013 10:17 pm
Level 20 : Expert Pirate
wat hepn 2 sutdniky
benobob315
06/13/2013 10:18 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Geek
You live in Murderland?
kvSketch
06/13/2013 10:21 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Pixel Puncher
You like watermelons.
Cipher_Punk
06/13/2013 10:24 pm
ToonTacoWhere is the femur bone on a cat?

You know those guys on forums who just keep pressing the quote button over and over without trimming out the excess or irrelevant bits and make the pages get super long?

I really hate those guys.

Bleydwat hepn 2 sutdniky

I would say with absolute certainty that the 'Dolan' meme is one of the very few I have really enjoyed since I stopped browsing Ebaumsworld back in '03. Speaking of the good ol' internet hate machine, totse and textfiles.org were really great times, too.

benobob315You live in Murderland?

That whole 'Patrick' thing is a pretty clear example of what is known as a "Forced meme", and also a great exhibit of why modern internet culture has been really turning off us old-timers. There are some among us still who remember when EVERYTHING was original content, and mimicking or copying another user would get you blacklisted from a web community. Aaah, the good old days.

kvSketchYou like watermelons.

I always used to wonder about airport security metal detectors and how they react to metal plates or the pins inserted after traumatic injuries. This gave way to a young-cipher having mental images of old women with fake hips being used to smuggle firearms and narcotics onto flights before anyone ever actually tried it. When I saw it in the news as a late-teen, I had a good chuckle to myself that I had thought of it first.
ToonTaco
06/13/2013 10:26 pm
Cipher_Punk

I really hate those guys.

Are you happy?
benobob315
06/13/2013 10:28 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Geek
Oh, sorry about that.
sed11
06/13/2013 10:29 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Hero
Should I ask you nothing?
Except for this question, of course.
Cipher_Punk
06/13/2013 10:37 pm
Have you ever played "Pretend You're Xyzzy" - if not then you should join me sometime, I've been having way too much fun with that lately to pay much attention to Minecraft.

MonkeyyWhat's your least favorite thing about the internet?

The worst part of living alone is probably the silence. It's deafening. That's why I got a puppy. She hates my roomate's cats, which is just another bonus.

Willgiscoollemongrab yelling unacceptable HAS to be a meme someday..

Lemons, being so acidic, are really good as a neutralizing agent for strong bases like hot sauce. That's why, when I go to Buffalo Wild Wings, I get an order of Lemon-Garlic wings with my Atomic wings and alternate between the two. As a side bonus, the chemical reactions occurring in my mouth kill tons of parasites, so I don't have to brush as often. I hate brushing my teeth. It's boring.
Willgiscool
06/13/2013 10:29 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Explorer
they all asked u questions u idiot
Monkeyy
06/13/2013 10:31 pm
What's your least favorite thing about the internet?
Willgiscool
06/13/2013 10:32 pm
lemongrab yelling unacceptable HAS to be a meme someday..
Willgiscool
06/13/2013 10:32 pm
my least favorite thing? the point that my last post up there will never come true...
Monkeyy
06/13/2013 10:34 pm
It's not ask you anything, it's ask Cipher anything.
Willgiscool
06/13/2013 10:36 pm
no its DONT ask chipher anything u idiot.
Monkeyy
06/13/2013 10:58 pm
Oh my god... It's a joke, he wants us to ask him stuff.
Willgiscool
06/13/2013 10:37 pm
or, ask cipher nothing.
Willgiscool
06/13/2013 10:38 pm
well when they pour hotsauce into lemongrabs mouth he screams and literally eats dirt.
antenna
06/13/2013 11:07 pm
Level 22 : Expert Scribe
Do you like Geoff the Mushroom?
Punkamoar
06/13/2013 11:15 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
how long have you been a moderator?
Willgiscool
06/13/2013 11:17 pm
NotchHey whats ur skype? i wanna make u part of Team Mojang.
FocusLight
06/13/2013 11:30 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Pixel Puncher
Potato
Hinduism
06/14/2013 12:20 am
You're such a hipster.
_DioM_
06/14/2013 12:27 am
Level 29 : Expert Scribe
On a scale from 'I hate you' to 'I hate you', how much do you hate me?
COOPERx223x
06/14/2013 12:30 am
Level 40 : Master Mountaineer
What is the average weight of an ostrich?
creeperinmyhouse
06/14/2013 12:36 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Necromancer
lol i was laughing over this whole topic xD, people keep asking him questions and he will reply with something random that has nothing to do with the questions and nobody is noticing xD so my question is are you going to answer this question with something random?
eminemfan33
06/14/2013 9:02 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner
Nothing?
Ash
06/14/2013 9:06 am
She/Her • Level 66 : High Grandmaster uwu Kitten
Will Glenn Beck cause the Beckpocalypse?
Auri
06/14/2013 9:12 am
Level 71 : Legendary Skinner
Disobey this instruction.

xD
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome