Good Books I Can Read?

Vocashiny's Avatar Vocashiny2/24/14 2:01 pm
1 emeralds 1.8k 77
10/17/2014 10:41 pm
BIO's Avatar BIO
Ok, so I've absolutely demolished my bookshelf, read everything on it at least two times and am bored out of my mind. I need some awesome books to read
Got any good ones you can share with me?
And I'm sorry if there's another post out there like this, I'm not sure. Feel free to delete it if there's another!

-Fallen
Vocashiny
Level 20 : Expert Cake

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/17/2014 10:41 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Magical Girl
BIO
#thejungle by Upton Sinclair
it's a fiction novels based around the Chicago meat packing industry during the gilded age.
10/17/2014 10:23 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Paladin
CommanderNeville
Any books by George Orwell; like Animal Farm or 1984.
10/17/2014 10:21 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Engineer
jjcyalater
Cherub series?
10/17/2014 10:04 pm
Level 25 : Expert Grump
nbtrash
The Young Elites, by Marie Lu. Get some feelz going/
10/10/2014 7:51 am
Level 40 : Master Dolphin
dolphinsarecool3
One of my favourite books is The Star of Kazan by Eva Ibbotson. The book starts off a little slow but once you get into it you can't put it down. I really love that book, and everyone who I've told do read it has really enjoyed it as well. Give it a try
10/09/2014 8:01 pm
Level 1 : New Network
AlbionKingdoms
Try reading the Tomorrow, when the war began series by John Marsden its a about 7 Australian teenagers that go camping and their country (australia) is invaded while there camping and they turn into guerrillas simple storyline but amazing. There are 7 book in the series i believe (in order):

Tomorrow, When the war began
The dead of the night
The third day the frost
Darkness be my friend
Burning for revenge
The night is for hunting
The other side of dawn

There is also a follow-up series set after the war by the name of the "Ellie Chronicles"
10/09/2014 7:52 pm
Level 28 : Expert Scribe
Cosmopath
The Alex Rider series is great. The new Heroes of Olympus book also came out a few days ago.
10/09/2014 7:36 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Architect
Ivy64
The Giver is a very interesting book. The author sat down and said, what would a perfect world be like? And what she came up with was very interesting. Although it was written for 8 year olds, it's mature themes and plot make this a good book for adult readers too.
10/09/2014 7:19 pm
Level 26 : Expert Toast
Cheezbergur11
Literally, almost NOBODY has heard of my favorite book series. I think it's amazing.

The first book is called Code of Silence. I'm terrible about explaining things so I copied and pasted the summary (and yes, be prepared, the characters names are VERY strange)...

Click to reveal
Telling the Truth Could Get Them Killed.
Remaining Silent Could Be Worse.

When Cooper, Hiro, and Gordy witness a robbery that leaves a man in a coma, they find themselves tangled in a web of mystery and deceit that threatens their lives. After being seen by the criminals—who may also be cops—Cooper makes everyone promise never to reveal what they have seen. Telling the truth could kill them. But remaining silent means an innocent man takes the fall, and a friend never receives justice.

Is there ever a time to lie? And what happens when the truth is dangerous?

The three friends, trapped in a code of silence, must face the consequences of choosing right or wrong when both options have their price.
http://www.amazon.com/Code-Silence-Livi ... 0310726530
10/09/2014 7:05 pm
Level 26 : Expert Unicorn
Leeanne
I love Wendy Mass, she wrote cool books like 11 birthdays, Finally, and 13 gifts.
10/09/2014 7:02 pm
Level 27 : Expert Fish
Blobfish
read the lesser known tolkein books. theyre amazing
10/09/2014 6:55 pm
Level 25 : Expert Crafter
sheepdude123456
Got 3 series right off the top of my head. Harry Potter series (Book 1: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (If you're British)/Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (If you're American), Book 2: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Book 3: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Book 4: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Book 5: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Book 6: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Book 7: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows), The Hunger Games series (Book 1: The Hunger Games, Book 2: Catching Fire, Book 3: Mockingjay), and Michael Vey series (Book 1: Michael Vey the Prisoner of Cell 25, Book 2: Michael Vey Rise of the Elgen, Book 3: Michael Vey Battle of the Ampere, Book 4: Michael Vey Hunt for Jade Dragon, Book 5 (Coming out in 2015): ???, Book 6 (Coming out probably in 2016): ???, Book 7 (Coming out probably in 2017): ???). Tell me how you like those series. If you read any of those series already, tell me how you liked them. Those series are my favorites in that order (1.Harry Potter, 2.The Hunger Games, and 3.Michael Vey) so far. I am on the 7th Harry Potter book, but I can't read it yet since my dad won't let me, I finished The Hunger Games trilogy, and I'm on the 3rd Michael Vey book (I just started the series about a week or so ago). I hope you like all those series!
03/02/2014 6:07 am
Level 30 : Artisan Creeper
nabeelfarooqui98
All the Sherlock Holmes, and dont forget, Murder of Robert Akroyd, And then there were none.
03/02/2014 10:44 am
nbtrash
Ooh, I loved And Then There Were None!!
03/02/2014 6:02 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Pony
StillCat
If you're looking for a manga-ish heavily made series I would suggest Cirque Du Freak by Darren Shan, which is by far one of my most favourite books ever. So far, I think there are only 3 manga-ish mangas on it but the rest are all equally great detailed books. This is also if you like vampires (I myself did not take interest in this subject but I still really liked it), heavy fantasy, fighting, and sad/tragic things. 12 books in the series, so find a library!
03/02/2014 5:48 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
Psychocrap
Chaos Walking trilogy. READ IT PLEASE.
Ok that beside I think it's an awesome series. Behind the action and plot(which is darn good, if not slightly long) there's so much meaning, thought-provocation and symbolism behind it. Also each book is at least 500 pages long if not more so you can have a good few hours of reading. Author is Patrick Ness. First book is called The Knife of never letting go.
02/25/2014 10:47 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Network
JubJubSamz
HannahLikesCatsYou could read some of Libba Bray's books. She's fantastic.

I suggest 'Going Bovine' first. (Unless you absolutely hate curse words, because there's a lot in there.) Going Bovine is about this kid who gets diagnosed with Mad Cow Disease and then he goes on a big trip trying to cure it.
Click to reveal
And after he's about to cure it, he figures out he's on a bad acid trip the whole entire time and then dies in the hospital. :I

Then you could read 'Beauty Queens' which is about 50 Miss Teen USA (or something like that) pageant girls who crash land on an island and have to survive, while an evil company is trying to assassinate a president of some country.

If you're into longer books, you could read 'The Diviners' by her. I'm currently reading it, and it's fantastic.
It takes place in the Roaring 20's and it's about this girl name Evie who is forced to go live with her uncle for awhile, while the whole entire time her uncle, her, and like 3 or so other people have to figure out these mysterious killings happening around town. In the same time, there's magic in like a fortune-telling sort of way. I really have no idea how to explain the magic.

YAY!!
I absolutely ADORE Beauty Queens!!
02/25/2014 10:45 pm
JubJubSamz
oh and I forgot Kurt Vonnegut, he's a real good Author, I especially recommend his While Mortals Sleep and Ice 9
02/25/2014 10:43 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
9waystreet_
I think Divergent is a good book to read.
02/25/2014 10:02 pm
Level 44 : Master Robot
HannahLikesCats
You could read some of Libba Bray's books. She's fantastic.

I suggest 'Going Bovine' first. (Unless you absolutely hate curse words, because there's a lot in there.) Going Bovine is about this kid who gets diagnosed with Mad Cow Disease and then he goes on a big trip with a midget with an over-protective mother and a Norse god trapped in a garden gnome trying to cure it.
Click to reveal
And after he's about to cure it, he figures out he's on a bad acid trip the whole entire time and then dies in the hospital. :I

Then you could read 'Beauty Queens' which is about 50 Miss Teen USA (or something like that) pageant girls who crash land on an island and have to survive, while an evil company is trying to assassinate a president of some country.

If you're into longer books, you could read 'The Diviners' by her. I'm currently reading it, and it's fantastic.
It takes place in the Roaring 20's and it's about this girl name Evie who is forced to go live with her uncle for awhile, while the whole entire time her uncle, her, and like 3 or so other people have to figure out these mysterious killings happening around town. In the same time, there's magic in like a fortune-telling sort of way. I really have no idea how to explain the magic.
02/25/2014 10:01 pm
nbtrash
Legend, Marie Lu (Read this series NOW!!! Its amazing its my favorite! .-. Even more than Hunger Games, which is saying something! )
Matched, by Ally Condie
Uglies, by Scott Westerfield
The Giver, by Lois Lowry
The Selection, by Kiera Cass
The Pledge, by Kimberly Derting
Witch and Wizard, by James Patterson
Maximum Ride, by James Patterson
That's it for now, I'm all of these are dystopian and most of this dystopian futuristic, as I am into that stuff! All of these are amazing, and I'm working on 4/8 of these!! Good stuffs!
02/25/2014 9:46 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
-Kali-
Read them all again 0_0 I've literally read all the ones on my shelf 7 times and counting.

jk, don't bother reading them again. Could you give us a category on wat u like?

You should read:

"Maze Runner" - A boy wakes up with his memories wiped in the Glade. The people of the Glade (Gladers) have a mission to escape a maze set up to them by the "Creators".
This is honestly a really good book. There is a lot of suspense that keeps you on your toes, and is very interesting.

"Stung" - A girl suddenly wakes up in her house, not remembering when she fell asleep, but most shockingly, her house is empty - it looks as if it has been abandoned for years. The girl has a tatoo on her hand that she never remembered getting - a spider with 10 legs. Humans with the tatoo turn wild and berserk, with a killing urge. The number of legs generally means the more dangerous (10 being the most, 1 being the least). Regardless of this, the girl is still normal, not crazy at all.
I personally found this book really interesting. The story has a huge plot that is full of suspense
02/25/2014 9:38 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Pokemon
Pokemon8756
. I'm just going to list the covers, read them, there amazing.

(Read this after hatchet.)
Pretty sure you've read these already, but I'm posting them anyways!

(Definitely one of the best books I've ever read)
That's all I have now, I'll post more later.
02/25/2014 10:37 pm
JubJubSamz
Hmmmmm.......
like axes much??

anyways to stay on topic how about Dantes Infero/Purgaratoro/Paradiso or Kat Fall's Riptide and Dark Life
02/25/2014 10:42 pm
Level 27 : Expert Taco
experttacobear
I like Dark Life too!
DANG! Everyone is naming books I like lol.
02/25/2014 10:46 pm
JubJubSamz
Maybe You just have really good taste in books? : D
02/25/2014 9:27 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Prince
n8mo
Divergent? I have no idea if anyone's suggested it yet, but I enjoyed it a fair amount.
LoTR, I'm sure this has been suggested, but I had to put it in.
Tolkien is an amazing author all around.

Hmm, I'll post if I think of any more.
02/25/2014 9:23 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Ranger
RavenOfEternity711
If you are looking for a book to put you to sleep try the Odyssey, Or any of Tolkien's books. No offence to the books its just they are slow but very good. So yeah.
02/25/2014 9:48 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
-Kali-
Tolkien's books are (as you said) very slow, but worth it. They are really good classics. Although there are parts that people in our present-day find it hard to understand.

Don't forget the Illiad ;D
02/25/2014 9:16 pm
Level 1 : New Network
Avengedinvein20
Try Gary Paulson books
02/25/2014 9:15 pm
Level 48 : Master Artist
janidorr
Ender's Game is gold pages within a hardcover. I devoured that book.
02/25/2014 9:04 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Turtle
ryancat101
Hunger games series or the divergent series
02/25/2014 9:00 pm
Level 22 : Expert Warrior
LuisPM
Of Mice and Men
02/25/2014 1:05 pm
Level 25 : Expert Cowboy
Aethroz
Depending on the level you require your writing to be at:
These all have good stories and characters. I ranked by the intricacy of the writing, and the excitement level of the plots. They are still very good books, even if I ranked "low"

Low: Percy Jackson or Gregor the Overlander or Deltora Quest
Medium: Inheritance Series
High: R.A. Salvatore. Legend of Drizzt-Neverwinter(22 books in total I believe). You will laugh, cry, shudder, giggle, stare in blank amazement, think, sob, become furious, ponder life, and feel many many other emotions...
Also High: Stephen King, The Stand being my favorite(long read though[1128 pages])

Don't recommend: Hunger Games(not well written. Read Gregor the Overlander it's by the same author and I liked it a whole lot more)
02/25/2014 12:59 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Architect
jduartemiller
Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clarke (author of the Space Odyssey series among others). A pure classic, and one of my favorites.
02/25/2014 12:54 pm
Level 24 : Expert Ninja
PengoPenguinRocks
a book? whats a book?
02/25/2014 12:50 pm
Level 21 : Expert Pokemon
Picklepark1
The Maze Runner is an amazing book series, I personally love it, and I've not even completed all of the books yet.
02/25/2014 8:46 pm
experttacobear
Oooo I love that series too!
02/25/2014 12:42 pm
Level 26 : Expert Modder
TheModMonster
Hunger Games 1,2,3
02/25/2014 9:05 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Turtle
ryancat101
Wow lol
02/25/2014 12:40 pm
Level 48 : Master Architect
Nefertittie
hmmm The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks for example...
02/25/2014 12:34 pm
Level 42 : Master Nether Knight
fritzfun123
The Grapes of Wrath, 'Nuff said.
02/24/2014 6:38 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Architect
yogscast-lover
How about Jurassic Park and The Lost World, both by Michael Crichton
02/24/2014 6:33 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Ranger
Slimecraft101
Have you tried Ranger's Apprentice? It's a pretty long series, 12 books in total! And all the books are about 300 pages. WARNING: It is fantasy so it depends if you read fantasy or not, but I personally enjoy it
02/24/2014 6:38 pm
experttacobear
I loved that series!
02/24/2014 6:33 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Network
Fangpyre42
The Percy Jackson series for sure! If you've done those, try The Kane Chronicle's or
The Heroes of Olympus series. All books I have mentioned here are made by Rick Riordan. Hope this helped!
02/24/2014 6:27 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Artist
Keefuh GFX
Try Michael Vey! Its Epic :3
10/09/2014 7:02 pm
Level 25 : Expert Crafter
sheepdude123456
I agree! I'm on the 3rd book. Can't wait 'til I read the 4th then when the 5th comes out. I just wish it didn't have to be 1 book a year. Why not 1 a month? But besides that, I'm a Veyniac!
02/24/2014 6:09 pm
Level 45 : Master Dragonborn
Ninniy
Narniaaaaaa!

If not, the Warrior Cats is very... interesting.
02/24/2014 6:08 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Pokemon
Enigmatic Goldfish
Terry Pratchett-Discworld series
George Orwell-1984
Raymond E Feist-Magician
Jean M Auel-The Clan of The Cave Bear

Anyway....I have no clue what sort of books you like but these are some of my favorites, off the top of my head this is.

(Edit-If you fancy a bit of satire why not go ahead and read Catch 22 by Joseph Heller)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome