Help :(

SmileyPOW's Avatar SmileyPOW3/21/12 10:33 pm
1 emeralds 105 5
3/22/2012 8:47 am
QuarterFlip's Avatar QuarterFlip
Recently my computer (I'm using a slow laptop to type this. ) has been playing up and for the last few times the computer boots a bit, then this happens... (By the way searching is no help.)

It gets to the product screen, makes a beep-like "vwip" sound and stops. The keyboard works, but the hard-drive light stops.

Sometimes it gets past this and goes to a black screen with either a flashing _ or Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press any key.

All my good things were stored on that computer and I don't want to lose it all. Can someone please help.
SmileyPOW
Level 25 : Expert Taco

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/22/2012 8:47 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Ranger
QuarterFlip
Rilo, I think it may be either the speakers or the sound card,plug some headphones into the jack and tell me if it still makes the noise
03/22/2012 8:43 am
Level 32 : Artisan Miner
heartshapedBox
My speakers make a loud, "WEEEEEEEP" sound sometimes....It annoys me when I try to listen to dubstep :/.
03/22/2012 8:41 am
Level 40 : Master Network
ZaphodX
Most likely the hard drive, push the connections into the motherboard and the harddrive securely. It might have died though.
03/22/2012 8:20 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
mommaCarole
without getting into a massive explanation on how to fix a computer, yes, xravenz is correct... you're getting some sort of hardware error. It likely is something as simple as the RAM is unseated, but if some piece is actually failing (like the harddrive) you will have to spend some money to get the drive image copied over by someone with the equipment.

if you do NOT have computer repair experience, bite the bullet and spend the money to have a PROFESSIONAL (not your buddy down the street who says he's good with computers) to look at it for you. Messing with a computer when you don't know what you're doing can damage it beyond being able to be repaired, and poking fingers where they shouldn't be can actually kill you.
03/21/2012 10:48 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Narwhal
xravenz
1. Make sure your harddrive is PLUGGED in.
2. Make sure your RAM is in snugly
3. The noise your hearing is from a hardware error.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome