Help with running my server

Animalol's Avatar Animalol4/9/12 4:54 pm
1 emeralds 141 7
4/9/2012 7:52 pm
Animalol's Avatar Animalol
Okay, so I'm trying to make a server, AnimalCraft. I worked hard on my server and everything. It's CraftBukkit but I used CraftBukkit auto installer V1.2.4 to install it. I portforwarded on portforward.com. My router is an Actiontec V1000H. I made a TCP protocol one; and a UDP protocol one. (If u go to portforward.com ull know what I mean) But at first, I only had the TCP one. So I entered 25565 on all of them, and when it asked me for the LAN IP address, I put in the one from my cmd prompt. Then in the next few empty spaces, it says (Optional). But someone told me to put 25565in the start/ending port so I did. Then there was one last bar left that I left blank... My server won't work from my ip from whatismyip.com. I have no idea what I have to do. Someone who knows what they're doing is really appreciated. Thx.
Animalol
Level 9 : Apprentice Cake

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/09/2012 7:52 pm
Animalol
Well, when I try to test if my portforwarding worked, it says failed. I don't just want to be able to connect... I want others to...
04/09/2012 6:30 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Pokemon
lbpalexcool
Animalol type in the IP localhost. You should be able to join but not others sorry.
04/09/2012 6:22 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
guitargalify
Isn't the hoster (you) supposed to connect with the ingoing ip thing and other people connect with the portforwarded ip?
Sorry I don't know the right words to use
04/09/2012 5:58 pm
Animalol
*Sigh* I tried that, and it still says refused to connect!
04/09/2012 5:18 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Engineer
Ernierock
Oh that looks like an easy confusing problem, u probably have something which auto updates your server? Go to the directory you said and search for craftbukkit.jar, copy that file and replace the craftbukkit.jar you use to start up the server with this one. If that was what caused the problem this should be te fix. Otherwisz try downloading te latest craftbukkit from dl.bukkit.org and replacing your craftbukkit.jar with that one. ( dont forget to rename your downloaded file to craftbukkit.jar)

Good luck,

Ernie
04/09/2012 5:11 pm
Animalol
(removed. <.<)
04/09/2012 5:01 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Pokemon
lbpalexcool
Animalol I made a server and it may sound risky to you but go to start, click control panel, click system and security, windows firewall,Turn windows firewall on / off, turn them both off, then click ok. If you want proof I can show you my server.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome