How do you feel about Jeremy Clarkson's leave from Top Gear?

AnimeFanFTW's Avatar AnimeFanFTW3/29/15 8:45 pm
1 emeralds 1.5k 37
4/15/2015 6:01 pm
IceCream_Sundae's Avatar IceCream_Sundae
Honestly, I'm half devastated, half not surprised.

Yes, Jeremy has left after soooooo long with the show. And yes, millions of people screamed for forgiveness. But I think the BBC did the right thing...kinda.

I mean, come on, he punched a producer in the face! All over a meal! Any other person would have been fired on the spot. And now, Top Gear hangs in the balance.

For the world's most watched factual show, for Top Gear to lost its most iconic host to a stupid reason is really saddening.

I will also like to point out, in the end, BBC loses. They lose a legendary host, and will probably lose millions of dollars, and lots of fans. No one wins in the end. (Except maybe the media)

So what do you think? Should BBC not have fired Clarkson, or do you think the BBC did the right thing?
AnimeFanFTW
Forum Moderator
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/15/2015 6:01 pm
Level 26 : Expert Grump
IceCream_Sundae
Yes. Racial slurs (well, that's what I'd heard on the media) and punching a producer is unacceptable.

He was a funny TV host but he's also a bit of an ass. It was something that got him fired, but I'm sure it wasn't the first time he had done something like that.
04/12/2015 10:04 am
Level 36 : Artisan Taco
Rice
RedYogJeremy Clarkson has been warned for Racism in a children's rhyme.

He didn't really say the actual word, and in the actual one played he said teacher. No clue why that became such a big deal because it was never aired.
04/12/2015 3:08 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Network
OfficialVelocity
Jeremy Clarkson was fun when he lasted, but he had too many chances. But...
James, Jeremy and Richard are not creating a new program called 'James, Jeremy and Richard live.' It will be a live show about cars and stuff.
04/12/2015 2:57 am
AnimeFanFTW
10Andrew
Dialga
10Andrewwould go to prison and probably never get a job again.

what is boxing illegal?

Oh sorry, my mistake. I was not aware that Clarkson hit the guy in a fair, competitive environment with permission and special gloves to prevent damage.

Oh wait. He didn't...

Guys

Prepare your Flame Shields!
04/07/2015 5:03 pm
Level 42 : Master Nether Knight
10Andrew
Dialga

what is boxing illegal?

Oh sorry, my mistake. I was not aware that Clarkson hit the guy in a fair, competitive environment with permission and special gloves to prevent damage.

Oh wait. He didn't...
04/06/2015 7:09 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
Punkamoar
Yep, the Stig rode a tank.
04/06/2015 9:04 pm
AnimeFanFTW
It was funny, too.
04/06/2015 6:58 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Princess
Dialga

what is boxing illegal?
04/05/2015 8:08 pm
Level 42 : Master Nether Knight
10Andrew
I may get some "criticism" for saying this but he deserved it. Actually he got off easy because any one else who would hit some guy (people just like me and you) would go to prison and probably never get a job again.

However, he is still out there without a care in the world. Probably sitting on a pile of money... Does that sound fair to you?
03/31/2015 8:37 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Princess
Dialga
Hehehehe, the stig rode in a tank.
04/03/2015 7:07 am
AnimeFanFTW
hehehehehe, England was in a panic. xD
03/31/2015 7:07 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Enclath
I cry at night because of it.
03/31/2015 8:34 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Scribe
LetsGoTrippin
I've been there bro...
03/31/2015 7:06 am
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
he deserves it, he has stepped over way to many boundaries, had way to many second chances, he needs to wake up
03/31/2015 6:43 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Network
OfficialVelocity
Jeremy Clarkson has been warned for Racism in a children's rhyme, the Falklands war Reg. Plate, so he had enough. Then he punched a producer over a piece of steak. If that wasn't enough, he called the producer a 'Lazy Irish -insert c word here-'

Overall, I think Jeremy Clarkson was a good host, but he had done his worst. It was right for the BBC to not renew his contract, and fire him. I don't think the BBC will have a Top Gear show like that, as James May and Richard Hammond will be leaving with Jeremy.C. I will miss this show, undoubtedly.
03/31/2015 6:34 am
Level 40 : Master Droid
Scott
I would still love to have Clarkson, however, nobody should have to work with someone that will use verbal AND physical abuse.
One fact is that Clarkson actually owns like 30% of Top Gear, so who knows, what will he do?
03/31/2015 5:05 am
Level 38 : Artisan Ladybug
Lucy_the_Cow
I'm half/half.
BBC did the right thing, Jeremy did punch a producer in the face all because he didn't have a meal after the show. No matter how famous or rich you are, no-one has the right to treat anyone lower than themselves in my opinion. He should have been grateful for how loyal they are - not take advantage of it, as he did.
But on the other hand, Top Gear without Clarkson will not be the same - the show works well with a trio, and without Clarkson I feel the show is missing its "competiveness" between the hosts, which made it enjoyable to watch.
03/31/2015 4:45 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster uwu
Ash
It's a sad day when people idolize someone who physically and verbally abused another human. He's just as bad as *cough*Chris Brown*cough*
03/31/2015 7:48 pm
AnimeFanFTW
Hahahahaha, shots fired! xD
03/31/2015 6:19 am
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
WTFshady
People idolized him when he was still part of Top Gear.
03/31/2015 1:21 am
Level 32 : Artisan Toast
_Hellcat_
They've ruined the show. Without Jeremy, the show is done.
03/31/2015 2:17 am
AnimeFanFTW
I don't think so. I reckon they'll get a new host and move on.
03/30/2015 9:28 pm
AnimeFanFTW
Wow, more people want Jeremy back?
That's surprising. xD
03/31/2015 2:36 am
WTFshady
Of course we want Jeremy back and there's a reason.

While he might not have been the most professional show host out there and did a lot of mistakes, he was funny and worked really well with May and Hammond, things that gave him and BBC a huge fanbase. For most fans, they only watch Top Gear to hear his jokes and everything. Yes, they were kinda offending sometimes, but still, they were really good.

Just my 2 cents. Also, not a huge fan of Top Gear, but I watched it from times to times and I liked it.
03/31/2015 2:38 am
AnimeFanFTW
I know that. (heck, Clarkson was my favourite) What I was referring to was that I was convinced some people would hate him now. Clearly, I was wrong. xD
03/31/2015 2:59 am
WTFshady
I guess that most people that voted are fans of Top Gear and that's why they want him back
03/29/2015 9:22 pm
Level 40 : Master Taco
monte carino
It will kill the show. That show is not good because of the cars or the things they do with cars. It was good because the hosts are all awesome as a group. And now 1/3 of the group is gone. Top Gear will die a slow painful death. RIP
03/29/2015 9:18 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Explorer
+PixelPirate+
He's working with a Russian army tv channel now, so all is well.
03/29/2015 9:36 pm
AnimeFanFTW
I just imagined in my head, Jeremy riding a Panzer Tank just screaming "Power!!!!" with explosions in the background. xD

What is wrong with me?
03/31/2015 6:52 am
Level 26 : Expert Zombie
Halorules555
I think you mean T-90... DUH!

But seriously, I think they did the right thing. Doesn't effect me because I didn't watch the show, but I did enjoy.
03/29/2015 8:53 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Cowboy
Jex_Infinite
Clarkson was a jerk, and this was not the first time something had happened.

I'm disappointed in his lack of professionalism. Hammond and May are better, even if Hammond was in a lot of things for the money, as opposed to May actually being helpful.
03/29/2015 9:12 pm
LetsGoTrippin
Well, Jeremy made it interesting. With just Hammond and May, it would be boring to watch.

And Jeremy was always the black sheep because he wanted to give what fans wanted. And he risked his career for that on many occasions, because if he didn't, the show would be so boring it would be unwatchable.
03/29/2015 8:59 pm
AnimeFanFTW
Despite his unprofessionalism, I still think Jeremy was an important part of Top Gear. Jeremy, James, and Richard worked so well together, and now, it's gone. Which makes me really sad, considering I was a huge fan.
03/29/2015 8:52 pm
Level 28 : Expert Miner
randomteddys500
I LOVED THAT SHOW, I DONT WANT HIM TO LEAVE *SOBS*
03/29/2015 8:51 pm
LetsGoTrippin
NOOOOOOOOOOOO MY ROLE MODEL IS GONE! ARGGGGGGGGGH
03/29/2015 8:49 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Explorer
ChaosExpert
Yes, of course they did the right thing.

Jeremy was on his last warning, yet he still got intoxicated and assaulted one of the producers for the show.

It's a real sad thing, but I suppose all good things must come to an end.
03/29/2015 8:51 pm
AnimeFanFTW
Well, at least Clarkson isn't gone for good. Apparently, some channel in Russia hired him. So yeah.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome