1

Instruments

MrDad •9/26/11 7:53 am
•
166
•
9/26/2011 3:06 pm
Hello fellow Miners!
Me is Mr.Dad.

So, guys, I've been playing the guitar for 5 years now, since I'm 11, I started with those "starting bands" such as, Guns N' Roses, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne, but then I started being "off the fashion" and now I listen to rare stuff, such as The White Stripes, Blind Gary Davis, Son House, Wolfmother and so on...

So guys, what instruments do you play?
For how long?
Got any preferences in bands?
Any unique techniques you use?

Don't be shy!

The hell, I the kazoo, and some harmonica when I'm bored! xD

Comment people!
Posted by
MrDad
Level 24 : Expert Unicorn
152

  Have something to say?

Join • Sign in

17

MrDad
• 09/26/2011 3:06 pm
• Level 24 : Expert Unicorn
Very cool, metallica is awesome
1
Yonii
• 09/26/2011 9:50 am
• Level 22 : Expert Geek
I've been playing Electric Guitar for 3½ years - and i play Metal!
I also sing and i am joining a band soon for rythm guitarist + singer
1
The Luthery
• 09/26/2011 9:25 am
• Level 11 : Journeyman Architect
Electric Guitar in 8 years
1
Bleyd
• 09/26/2011 8:32 am
• Level 20 : Expert Pirate
I've been playing guitar for about ten years and piano for about twelve. I also played the harmonica in boy scouts for campfire songs, mess call, and taps. Not reveille though - we never woke up before noon anyway.

I can't read sheet music to save a life, so my main technique is just listening to a song over and over until I memorize the harmony, then play it until it sounds right. I can read tablature, but it's not easy finding many songs written that way.
1
Cazaron
• 09/26/2011 8:19 am
• Level 1 : New Architect
i play guitar in bands with friends from school
been playing for 2-3 years
1
StChristmass
• 09/26/2011 8:14 am
• Level 28 : Expert Miner
Very Nice! I play the trombone as im not very good at it but i still enjoy it
1
MrDad
• 09/26/2011 8:16 am
• Level 24 : Expert Unicorn
you play in some school band or orchestra?
1
StChristmass
• 09/26/2011 8:20 am
• Level 28 : Expert Miner
School, Lol But im in a band with drumming
1
vPixel
• 09/26/2011 8:08 am
• Level 16 : Journeyman Dolphin
I don't know, I just hit something like my hand like a drum.

Drums...?
1
MrDad
• 09/26/2011 8:10 am
• Level 24 : Expert Unicorn
Go for it xD
1
Jack_Keeley
• 09/26/2011 7:55 am
• Level 52 : Grandmaster Network
Trumpet!
1
Xeph-mon
• 09/26/2011 7:56 am
• Level 19 : Journeyman Ninja
how dare you!
1
MrDad
• 09/26/2011 7:56 am
• Level 24 : Expert Unicorn
sweet! xD
1
Xeph-mon
• 09/26/2011 7:55 am
• Level 19 : Journeyman Ninja
bass!
1
MrDad
• 09/26/2011 7:57 am
• Level 24 : Expert Unicorn
Any preferences? Slap bass and shhhhhhhhhhhhhhtuff?
1
mommaCarole
• 09/26/2011 7:54 am
• Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
I play the accordian. Ok, I USED to. From well before most of you were born. I HAVEN'T been playing the accordian for longer than most of you have been alive. I'm not sure which part of that is better.
1
MrDad
• 09/26/2011 7:56 am
• Level 24 : Expert Unicorn
Accordion is one of the tradutional instruments of my country
1

Welcome